• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Ask the Staff (Anything)

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
Water and sparkly water mostly. Very occasionally juice or diet coke. All the booze. Apple cider once every 3-4 years.

Taake

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Staff member
Black Thorn
Water and sparkly water mostly. Very occasionally juice or diet coke. All the booze. Apple cider once every 3-4 years.
*Me staring at you slack jawed* Not even sure how one could start ones day without coffee honestly (not an addict!). I mean, I love water but... I'm not sure if I'm impressed or scared :p

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
I drink coffee in emergencies only! And then with lots of sugar to disguise the taste!

However I don't understand sparkling water, it tastes weird, I'd rather have normal water

Octavia
Octavia
I am currently loving sparkling with lime. It was cheaper than pure water! Good soft drink replacement but I know you dont drink them either :D
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Agree about the sparkling water!!

Athena

Has anyone seen my human vessel?
Staff member
Black Thorn
What's that? Live without coffee? Just chop off my right hand while you're at it....! :D

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
I like the smell of coffee and I loved working at a coffee shop in while in college, but I've never liked the taste of it.

Spanky
Spanky
it does smell good. It ranks right up there with bacon for smells. And I don't dig on the swine either.
Mrs Gordo
Mrs Gordo
Me too. Like the smell but not the taste.
Octavia
Octavia
#Metoo! Love the smell, love being near a good coffee, cant hack drinking it.
Grace
Grace
I felt this way until I had a kid and then I very quickly acquired a taste for it!

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
However I don't understand sparkling water, it tastes weird, I'd rather have normal water
Sparkling water is the bomb. I can get better belches with the sparkling than I could with coke... and I could get some great belches with that. That's the thing sparkling is good for. I just wish I could make my own.

Octavia
Octavia
If you find out - tell me. I dont think those Soda streams do it?

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
What kind of aliens are you people? :eek: *more coffee for me and Athena*

I just wish I could make my own.
Why can't you? Doesn't pretty much everyone have those sparkling machines now, or is that a Swede thing?

Professor Walsh
Professor Walsh
I've promised my kids one, as soon as I find one I can afford that is not SodaStream. Growing up with a politically inclined mother is a pain.

Spanky

Black Thorn
Why can't you? Doesn't pretty much everyone have those sparkling machines now, or is that a Swede thing?
That's a pain, having to drive to bed, bath and beyond, deal with the mall traffic, buy the co2 container, and then you can only store them in plastics. Don't really allow for a long shelf life.

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
@Spanky I've never liked bacon, but on superbowl sunday I accidentally took a bite of a mini BLT and oh my....it was so good.
Can't you make your own sparkly water with a soda stream?

edit: AMAZON IT!

Spanky

Black Thorn
You still have to reuse the empty canister, so have to go to BB&B to get refills. Unless you want to throw away those metal canisters every week, but that gets even more expensive.

Spanky

Black Thorn
But you have to deal with trying to exchange the canisters, otherwise it would be much more expensive.
You said it more succinctly. Brevity is not my strong suit.

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
Anyone got any tips on how to remember to use Amazon Smile and not just regular Amazon, I think if you're signed in and have selected a charity you should automatically be on smile for it

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
You still have to reuse the empty canister, so have to go to BB&B to get refills. Unless you want to throw away those metal canisters every week, but that gets even more expensive.
Can you only get refills at one place? Well, who's living in a frozen wasteland now?
Still me? Yeah well, ... falls alseep. Seriously, haha. Logging off now.

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
Anyone got any tips on how to remember to use Amazon Smile and not just regular Amazon, I think if you're signed in and have selected a charity you should automatically be on smile for it
Can't you put a little link thingy up on the toolbar with a link to Amazon Smile? So that you just click that to go to amazon?

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
I probably could, I hope that the UK site adds more charities soon too

Spanky

Black Thorn
Can't you put a little link thingy up on the toolbar with a link to Amazon Smile? So that you just click that to go to amazon?
That or you can bookmark the Smile address and use that bookmark en lieu of the normal bookmark.

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
That assumes I use a bookmark! I only really use the screencap site I have bookmarked the rest I always intend to but usually I just type it in

Top Bottom