• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Ask the Staff (Anything)

Sineya
Astronauts, definitely. They are trained to survive in all environments because you never know when you might have to come down due to an unplanned event. They are trained to be fit so loss of bone mass in long missions will not affect them.

Taake

Maybe it was taquitos. Maybe he lived for taquitos
Staff member
Black Thorn
Welcome to the Hellmouth, though to be fair I also already liked the movie, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and the teasers for the show. So I was sold from the very first scenes.

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
Aww you'll started it in season 1, my first episode was Lie to Me, and I loved it from then on.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
When I first saw Darla, in Welcome to the Hellmouth.
I thought the movie was really poor.

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!
I'm learning Norwegian right now, and I want to follow that up with Danish & Swedish, but probably outside of that, Russian and Romanian.
Kan jeg spørre hvorfor du lærer deg norsk? Er det vanskelig?

Dansk og svensk er tullespråk. Ikke kast bort tid på dem.

Puppet
Puppet
Don't listen to WFB!!!
ChaseRules
ChaseRules
Why not ?
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
I second that!

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
WFB asked why I was learning Norwegian, and if it was hard.

Jeg har en venn fra Norge, og fordi av at jeg vil laerer norsk. Jeg er bare startet selv om. Ogsa jeg likker filmer der fra. Og det er interessant a se likhetene med engelsk og gælisk.

I have a friend from Norway, and because of that I want to learn Norwegian. I am just starting though. Also I liked movies from there. And it is interesting to see the similarities to English and Gaelic.

Because of the similar things to English, it feels logical. So it's mainly a lot of learning the vocabulary, at least so far. This is the first language I've learned using audio recordings instead of a book, which I do think helps with pronunciation, but I'm always having to look up what the words actually look like lol. They say once you learn Norwegian, then Danish and Swedish are easy to pick up. I've noticed when watching tv in German, I can pick out words that are similar also, and there are a lot of times when Norwegian sounds like German to me. So you can really see how interconnected the languages are.

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!
I am so amazed by people that teach themselves languages. It is really a lot of work. I was supposed to learn German, but I could never wrap my head around the grammar. My pronunciation is good, though, because as you say, it is fairly similar to Norwegian.

Can I ask you what Norwegian movies you like?

If you would allow me to offer you a quick correction. In the sentence "Jeg vil lære norsk," "vil" is the main verb, so it should be in the present tense, but "lære" should be in the infinite form. Compare: "Jeg lærer norsk" and "He wants to learn Norwegian." I hear many second language learner make this particular mistake.

Buffy Summers
Buffy Summers

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange.
WFB asked why I was learning Norwegian, and if it was hard.

Jeg har en venn fra Norge, og fordi av at jeg vil laerer norsk. Jeg er bare startet selv om. Ogsa jeg likker filmer der fra. Og det er interessant a se likhetene med engelsk og gælisk.

I have a friend from Norway, and because of that I want to learn Norwegian. I am just starting though. Also I liked movies from there. And it is interesting to see the similarities to English and Gaelic.

Because of the similar things to English, it feels logical. So it's mainly a lot of learning the vocabulary, at least so far. This is the first language I've learned using audio recordings instead of a book, which I do think helps with pronunciation, but I'm always having to look up what the words actually look like lol. They say once you learn Norwegian, then Danish and Swedish are easy to pick up. I've noticed when watching tv in German, I can pick out words that are similar also, and there are a lot of times when Norwegian sounds like German to me. So you can really see how interconnected the languages are.
Isn't it good Norwegian words? ;)

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
I find I am perplexed by what WillowFromBuffy says in reply #116, about her pronunciation of Norwegian being good I've listen to the reply twenty times now and find the pronunciation of Norwegian is a bit wrong since the upgrade. Can you fix it?

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
wait - what?!? 🤔
Top Bottom