• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Ats - were they friends or co workers?

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Were the crew of Angel investigations friends, or just unfortunate coworkers drawn together? When do they become more than a team of people looking for cash and turn into friends concerned with each others well being?

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I think by the end of AtS S1 Wesley, Angel and Cordy are more than work colleagues given the amount they'd all been through together and recent near death experience.
The group dynamic works in S2 as Gunn joins as an ally/contact who can help with cases.

But I think its when Wes, Gunn and Cordelia are fired that they truly begin to bond. At that moment they have no jobs, they are no longer co-workers, and yet they all independently choose to keep on 'fighting the good fight' after getting pissed together.
Then when Angel has his epiphany he wants to come back and work for the others, but by 'Belonging' I see their overall friendship has returned.

So 'Belonging' for the core group, with Fred and Lorne getting swept up into the group during the extended soap opera that is Season 3.

white avenger

white avenger
It's been a long time since I watched the early Seasons of "Angel," but from what I recall, Angel always saw himself as being on a mission of redemption, Cordy was, initially, looking for a day job while she attempted to pursue an acting career, and Wes was pretty much just doing the only thing that he had ever had any experience doing, hunting and killing demons and vampires. At first, they were more a group of people who were dependent on each other than actual friends. Through mutual experience, dependence became respect and trust, and trust became friendship, pretty much the same as any group would do in a combat situation, over a period of a few months, so, say, Angel's team were friends bu the beginning of Season 2, with the exception of Gunn and Fred, who obviously joined later. Once more, they were integrated into the team within a couple of months of being there.

(I know that's a sort of vague answer, but the best that I can come up with)

Top Bottom