• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Bad Eggs, Assembly Required or Killed By Death, which one would you keep and ditch ?

Mr Trick

Scooby
I don't think S6 is worth talking about much, it should be, because it probably the best start of any Buffy season..... and yes the start of S7 was not bad , selfless stands out and conversation with dead people one of my all time favourite....but after that to much like the spike show and to little like BTVS
The Willow drug stuff is the rough patch of S6. Plus I don't like the Big Bads. But it ends on a high. I think the Dark Willow trilogy is very good. It sort of picks up again by the end of the season.

Selfless is even better than CWDP I'd say in S7.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
The Willow drug stuff is the rough patch of S6. Plus I don't like the Big Bads. But it ends on a high. I think the Dark Willow trilogy is very good. It sort of picks up again by the end of the season.
I find the Spuffy stuff to be the rough patch plus of course the AR.

The problem with the Willow drug stuff is that it changes the metaphor. In Season 6, the metaphor is magic=drugs. In Season 4, magic was the metaphor for Tillow's blossoming relationship. If magic=drugs then Tara was Willow's pusher. Also the whole "Willow is an addict, we must get rid of all magic stuff so she's not tempted" is then undone in Season 7 when Willow then uses magic with no consequence. Addicts can't do that, they have to stay away from their addiction, not continue to indulge in it because it serves the plot.

I quite like the trio before things took a dark turn in Dead Things. However, they weren't big bad material. Warren and Jonathan as disguises of the first were amusing in Season 7, but it does emphasise the point that Andrew works better when he has Warren and Jonathan to play off of rather than solo. Jonathan would've been the better addition to Season 7 instead of Andrew.

I'd agree about Selfless actually I'm not a huge CWDP fan.
The worst part of CWDP for me is Cassie. I dislike the Cassie character in both Help and CWDP.

B
Btvs fan
The Cassie part wasn't helped by the fact Willow had no scenes with her in Help. For me the worst part of CWDP was the Dawn bits. I don't care about Dawn so it was meh for me and the writers weren't clear if Joyce was the First or not ?
K
katmobile
I agree with Btvs fan - it's the Dawn bits that drag it down and it's hard to know what the First was trying to do there. I like Cassie a lot actually.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I find the Spuffy stuff to be the rough patch plus of course the AR.

The problem with the Willow drug stuff is that it changes the metaphor. In Season 6, the metaphor is magic=drugs. In Season 4, magic was the metaphor for Tillow's blossoming relationship. If magic=drugs then Tara was Willow's pusher. Also the whole "Willow is an addict, we must get rid of all magic stuff so she's not tempted" is then undone in Season 7 when Willow then uses magic with no consequence. Addicts can't do that, they have to stay away from their addiction, not continue to indulge in it because it serves the plot.

I quite like the trio before things took a dark turn in Dead Things. However, they weren't big bad material. Warren and Jonathan as disguises of the first were amusing in Season 7, but it does emphasise the point that Andrew works better when he has Warren and Jonathan to play off of rather than solo. Jonathan would've been the better addition to Season 7 instead of Andrew.

The worst part of CWDP for me is Cassie. I dislike the Cassie character in both Help and CWDP.
Probably like the idea of the Willow addiction stuff more than the execution. It has its moments though. Some of the drama with her and Tara is well handled and felt realistic. Some of Amber Benson's best acting on the show. Also like the pay-off with the Dark Willow trilogy.

The Trio were alright in small doses. Life Serial was their best episode. Just didn't think there was enough there to justify them being the season BB.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Okay, I'm going to exclude the Arc material. That stuff was likely written by Joss and was staying, irregardless of what the episode was about. Buffy could been injured in a fight with the Cast of Cats, and Xander would have still confronted Angelus at the hospital. "Bad Eggs" is a pretty good high school episode, I'll say that. "Killed By Death" is a fine retelling of Nightmare on Elm Street. But "Some Assembly Required" is Frankenstein. They ruined, Frankenstein. Plus all the Athletic episodes seem to be written by non-jocks. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Mrs Madison, and crazy woman watching the same blurry twenty seconds of football tape. And let's not forget, "My boys are fish lizards, but they need tape." So, Frankenstein. Get rid of Frank's.

FaithLehane16

"Five by Five."
Neither because they are a part that makes Season 2 interesting. Season 2 is my favorite season after all. Those 3 episodes are better entertainment than Superstar, All the Way, Doublemeat Palace, and Normal Again.

Puppet
Puppet
Agree to disagree.
Top Bottom