• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Bad Eggs, Assembly Required or Killed By Death, which one would you keep and ditch ?

Mr Trick

Scooby
Over time Killed by Death has grown on me. Think its a really solid episode overall. I would keep that one out of the three. Bad Eggs is solid too, but less interesting to me. Think Killed by Death does more with the characters.

esmerome

Townie
I would want to keep all of them, for different reasons.
-Some Assembly Required really sticks out in my memory for how entitled these boys felt to multiple girl's bodies for their Frankenstein friend. I haven't seen that episode in nearly a decade and that still made a strong impression on me.
-Bad Eggs is creepy, even if it's a little on-the-nose with its motherhood/pregnancy metaphor. Reminds me a bit of The Thing.
-Killed by Death is probably the scariest episode of the series, the most like an old-school horror movie, with the possible exception of "Helpless."

If I had to choose one to get rid of, I guess I'd choose Bad Eggs. But I like them all for different reasons.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Re: Season 2: That's one the reasons I hate "Bad Eggs." I watched Season 2 on the first FX Rerun, so "Bad Eggs" usually meant "Surprise/Innocence" (among the finest episodes of the season) would be delayed. Although, Cowboy Vampires were pretty fun. Or at least better than eurotrash in need of speech therapy.

Mr Trick

Scooby
More and more Killed by Death is a sleeper episode of the show. I guess it seems bland because of how many great episodes S2 has, but the more I see it the more I think its really solid.

whatdBuffyDo

Potential
Sineya
I liked Killed by Death on my first watch (I've only seen it once anyway,) and I don't understand why it gets so much hate. I like the Nightmare on Elm Street reference, Buffy and Xander's bond, "Buffy's white knight," Cordelia telling Buffy that she created a monster so she can fight it since she can't fight illnesses, kid's drawings...
I don't care for Some Assembly Required. I dislike Bad Eggs, it wasn't fun to watch at all...

I would keep Killed by Death and ditch Bad Eggs.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Killed By Death is top Season 2; atmospheric and creepy, with a great MotW and some great character moments for Buffy, Willow and Xander. I have no idea why anybody would get rid of it.

Bad Eggs has a terrible plot but some nice character stuff that is connected to the plot and overall themes of the season.

Some Assembly Required is overall bad cheesy; the good stuff here (and there is some) has nothing to do with the 'evil nerds & Frankenstein-footballer' plot. Ditch it.

Top Bottom