• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Banner problems

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Is there an issue with banners in signatures? They don't seem to be showing up anymore?

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
As I mentioned in a karma post earlier, I can see your banner and others just fine, so I think maybe the issue is with your server.

Taake
Taake
Love your Halloween banner btw

Taake

Kissing Toast
Staff member
Black Thorn
Yes, I see both banner and gif so I don't think there's a board specific problem with banners showing up.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I don't know what's going on then. I can still see the gif but the banner has completely disappeared. A couple of days ago, I was getting the little X, but I'm not even getting that now just a blank space. Likewise on Puppet's banner thread, I'm just seeing a blank space where the banners should be. @Taake If you and Puppet have banners, I'm not seeing them.

I've not changed any settings on my computer. The only thing different that's been happening recently is that sometimes when I log on, I then have to re-log on because the board doesn't seem to recognise that I've logged on eg I'll log on and it will act like I've just logged on, but when I go to check my alerts, it then asks me to log in again. Could that be anything to do with it? It didn't do it today but I still can't see the banners.

It seems like only the banners are the problem, I can see other images fine.

Last edited:

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Have you tried using a different browser?
I haven't but I don't particularly want to go messing around with stuff like that. It's only in the last few days that this has happened and I've not changed browser since I joined so I don't think it's a browser issue. Like I said, it seems to be just banners that don't show up. I can't see Puppet's banners she made in her thread yet I can see Buffylover's fanart. I can see a little X in caitaintdead's signature yet the banner in my signature seems to have completely vanished, there's no X or anything (even in the signature edit box, it does not appear). I can still see the gif, and that works no problem. I'm guessing I might just have to wait and see if it resolves itself. It's weird how everyone else can see them except me yet I've literally changed nothing setting wise that could cause this issue.

nightshade

Can I be a sloth?
Staff member
Black Thorn
Most computers have a built in browser that you can just quickly switch to, so that it will eliminate one thing, if you can see them fine in a different browser then, perhaps clearing your cookies or cache will solve the issue in the browser that you normally use.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
@nightshade Ok I thought I'd try something. I found a banner on google, done insert image and now that is showing up. I think the original banner is just gone which is a shame.

It's weird. Maybe I just need to cut my losses and get a new banner. Puppet's banners still aren't showing up, neither are the entries for the trick or treat competition.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
You have two banners in your signature now. Plus the gif. Do you have a proxy or popup blocker?
I don't know. All I can see is the gif plus the run and catch banner. I can't see the other one.

I've not changed any settings at all, it's literally just stopped showing up.

Ok I've turned pop up blocker off, let's see how that goes......

Nope, makes no difference.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I tried attaching pictures a couple of times yesterday and there was a message to the extent: "Something has gone wrong. Contact your site administrator." This may have been a format problem with an image. BTW I can see everyone's signature and banner who have been complaining about it.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
It's weird how everyone can see the banner kindly created by Zenseem. It is not showing up at all for me, the code for it isn't even showing up in the edit signature box. It's literally as if it has just vanished.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Well it's gone now, but I figure a mod removed it so you didn't have two banners at the same time.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Well it's gone now, but I figure a mod removed it so you didn't have two banners at the same time.
Either that or you're about to experience the same thing.....

Out of interest what hosting site do you use for your work?

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
So far it seems the problem could be the imgur site itself. Does anybody have a photobucket account? If so, could you possibly post some banners using photobucket please? If I can see them then the issue is definitely imgur. If I can't then it's back to the drawing board.

@RachM what hosting site do you use for your banners?

I can see RachM's banners but I can't see Puppet's. Puppet uses imgur, if RachM uses something different then the problem is definitely imgur and the question becomes why is imgur the issue?

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
@RachM what hosting site do you use for your banners?
She uses cube. Sounds like something either on your browser or your ISP is blocking imgur as no one else seems to have the issue.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
She uses cube. Sounds like something either on your browser or your ISP is blocking imgur as no one else seems to have the issue.
How can I unblock it or is it an issue that will resolve itself in time? I literally have not changed any setting, one day it was working, the next it wasn't.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I can now see banners! :D

I changed absolutely nothing so it was obviously just an imgur issue and time related.

My old banner is lost to the depths of cyberspace unfortunately :( but @RachM is kindly making me a new one :)

Spanky
Spanky
It was in the link I sent you above that you said you couldn't open.

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
You do have the capacity for using your powers for good! Thank you!
Top Bottom