• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Basshunter

kitty-cat

Townie
Sorry for not posting in swedish here, but I just don't speak it...
I just wanted to know if someone could tell me what "boten anna" means. That's the song by basshunter...

Washburne

Protector of the key.
Black Thorn
Bot(en) is a computerterm. My computerknowledge is just awful so I won´t try to explain it.

Anyway the word bot sounds like the swedish word båt which means boat or ship. This means that especially children thinks the song is about a ship. Anna of course is a name. Since I hate the song (sorry) I´m not totally aware of the lyrics but he uses terms that can be used both about computers and ships. But in the end it seems to be about a girl. Difficult to understand? Well it´s just a "stupid" text that goes well with the music. It´s not an importat message or anything like that.

I´ll say one thing. Once you´ve heard it, it´s hard to get it out of your head.

Want to know more? Just google Boot, booting or just "Boten Anna". I wasn´t allowed to post links just yet.

Don´t know if this helps you at all. But better to try and fail and not to try at all, eh?

Actually, the song is about IRC (Internet Relay Chat) where Basshunter hung out alot (I'm gussing mIRC but I'm not sure). With IRC you can use "bots" (also known as internet bots or web bots) which are simple applications that can do stuff like censor profanity or correct typo's. The song is about Basshunter misstaking a girl for a bot. On IRC. Yeah, the lyrics are stupid.

Thing is, Basshunter is a tool and he pronouces the word totally wrong. It should be pronounced bot as in Buffybot, but he says it so it sounds like the swedish word Båt, as The Kinslayer mentioned. So people thought the song was about a boat. A boat named Anna. Eh.

Here is a link. Boten Anna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Washburne

Protector of the key.
Black Thorn
Hmm, när jag såg att någon svarat trodde jag att någon skulle pika mig för att jag svarat på en väldigt gammal tråd, eftersom jag lyckades missa det innan jag postade. Men nu fick vi ju ett bättre svar. Undrar bara om trådstartaren tittar in efter så här lång tid?

Har jag helt missat det eller finns det ingen "ändra"-knapp? Sådana brukar vara bra att ha.

edit: Bara för det så hittar jag en i detta inlägg. Alltså finns den bara där under en begränsad tid. Bra att veta.

Måste även säga att jag gillar underrubriken på detta forum "Den forum för Buffy solfjäder från Sverige. Diskutera Buffy och à„ngel på Svenska." Härlig svenska. :)

Taake
Taake
hahaha såg just underrubriken! vackert!
Top Bottom