• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

BB Cookbook: We Need Your Recipes!

Angelic Slayer

Daydream Believer
Sineya
What's one thing that all BB-ers have in common? Well, besides Buffy.... we all have to eat! And after a great response to the BB Recipes Thread we've decided to put together a cookbook of recipes by our members, for our members. We're going where no other BtVS forum has gone before and venturing into the culinary world. So put on your aprons and get those frying pans ready, because until the end of the month we are accepting recipe submissions to go into the very first BB Members' Cookbook (which will then be made available in our BB Store) :D

If you have already posted a recipe in our Cookie Dough & Others: A BB Cooking Book thread and you'd be willing to share it for the project, just send me a PM with the post URL (and any extra photos/information you have for us, if any) and I'll be happy to take care of the rest. :thumbsup:

Otherwise, here's a quick run-down of our submission guidelines. There's no limit to how many recipes one person can send in, so if you have a few favourites feel free to submit more than one:
Submission Guidelines
Please include the following in a PM to Angelic Slayer....
  • Title of your recipe (should be Whedon-themed, ie: "Joyce's Pumpkin-Belly Pie", "Summers-Berry Smoothies", "Angel's Post-Slaying Eggs")
  • List of ingredients
  • Directions on how to prepare the recipe
  • Any tips/tricks that you use while making it at home (if any)
  • Photo of the finished dish (if possible)
  • Yield, or how many servings your recipe will make (if possible)
And please ensure that the recipes/photos are not copyrighted: as this cookbook will eventually be printed and sold in our CafePress Store. :)

And that's all you need to do! It's cheesey-easy! So let's all get cooking and send in those recipes, we'll be accepting them from now until May 31st, 2011.

(And just a quick note: if you're sending me a URL for an existing recipe we may change the title a little, so that it fits in with the Whedonverse theme of the cookbook. Unless of course you come up with your own.)

Last edited:
L
LoveLoveLovix
I don't have to eat.

xaphania

Spike/Buffy
Sounds fun! I've probably got a couple of recipes to share.

How are you standardising measurements/oven directions?

Ounces and pounds, grams and kilos, gas marks etc.?

Washburne
Washburne
Excellent question. Thank you.

Ms.Trick

Scooby
I'll probably send a few of my chocolate cake recipes :D (like Maltesers Cake, yum yum :heart:)

Angelic Slayer
Angelic Slayer
Maltesers? Mmm, well now you HAVE to send some in... I'll die of curiousity otherwise ;)

Goby

Brb, shipping Snoyce
Sineya
Great! I will be posting my Pylea flesh and cockroach quesadillas soon. ;)

I just had them last night and they were yummy! (Pylea flesh is avocado, cockroaches are black beans)

HisMrs
HisMrs
OMG... When I read the first line, I nearly gagged. LOL

Angelic Slayer

Daydream Believer
Sineya
Xaph: Good question, sorry for not mentioning it earlier. Cups/teaspoons/tablespoons would be ideal, but if your recipe is in grams or something that's fine, I can always convert them later...... Except for measurements like "dl"s, because after a half hour on google I couldn't find any conversion charts for that unit of measure ;)

X
xaphania
lol not heard of recipes being measured in cups before, interesting.

Washburne

Protector of the key.
Black Thorn
Except for measurements like "dl"s, because after a half hour on google I couldn't find any conversion charts for that unit of measure ;)

Surprise, surprise.

Converter.

So it's in swedish but not difficult to handle. Just fill in the measurement you have and click = and the others will show up. Most interesting, teaspoon and tesked (swedish teaspoon) isn't exactly the same.

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
What an excellent idea! I'm not really a cook unless you want my recipe for cheese on toast (it has vegemite underneath the cheese!), but I will buy a copy once it's released.

Angelic Slayer

Daydream Believer
Sineya
Just a reminder about this folks, even if you don't have a photo... Or if all you'd have to contribute is how to make your favourite sandwich we'd love to hear it! All recipes are welcomed-- baking, desserts, meals, snacks, beverages, simple or fancy :)

Angelic Slayer

Daydream Believer
Sineya
So folks we got some great recipes sent in, but unfortunately not enough to make us a cookbook. And since I really think that this would be a great project I'm going to leave submissions open for a few weeks longer and hopefully then we'll be able to get enough recipes to work with. So keep PMing then along, we've had some great ones sent in so far :D

Ideas for recipes....

Pancakes
French Toast
Smoothies
Beverages
Pasta Sauces & Dishes
Pizza
Casseroles
Soups
Trail Mixes
Cookies
Quick and Easy Snacks
Stews
Salads
Egg Recipes
Sandwiches
Pies
Cakes
Cupcakes
Muffins
Ice Cream Desserts
Meatloaf
Meatless Meals
Burgers, Hot Dogs and Barbecue
Dip Recipes (to go with potato chips, vegetables)
Salad Dressing
Posted via Mobile Device

This Year's Girl

Grateful grapefruit
Sineya
This is a GREAT idea! I love it!

I want to send something in, not sure what yet, but I find it a bit tricky to translate all the measurements from swedish to english and stuff like that. Give me some time. :)

Angelic Slayer
Angelic Slayer
Alrighty, sounds good. Thanks for taking the time to do it for us :)

Angelic Slayer

Daydream Believer
Sineya
We've got almost 20 recipes so far everybody, so keep 'em coming! :D

In the meantime, I've been working on getting some of our pages put together and thought I'd post a "working version" of what the recipe pages will look like. Obviously the finished version will be a lot more detailed than what I have done so far, but it gives you a general idea of where we'll be headed with this. Consider it a sneak peek ;)

(PDF file attached)

Attachments

• CookBook Page 1.pdf
    232.9 KB · Views: 13
M
Ms.Trick
Looks nice! :D

prophecygrrl

The girl in question
Wow, that looks really great! :D I'm not much of a cook, but I'm going to start thinking of some easy recipes to contribute!

Angelic Slayer
Angelic Slayer
Awesome! We'd love to have any recipes that you can come up with, even simple ones :)

Goby

Brb, shipping Snoyce
Sineya
Awesome! I want to correct mine

1 ripe avocado ("Pylea Flesh")
1 1.4oz can black beans, rinsed and drained (should be 14 oz can)
("Cockroaches")
½ lime, juiced
¼ cup your favourite salsa
vegetable oil
1 cup shredded Monterary Jack Cheese
2 Tortilla Wraps

And perhaps it should be 4 tortillas, and serve 2.

Sorry for the changes. :(

Angelic Slayer
Angelic Slayer
No need to apologise, like I said it's a working copy. Thanks so much for the changes :)

peaches71

Potential
I'm so excited for this to come out...I might actually start cooking! :D

*ignores the maniacal laughter of husband and children* :p

FetalPig

Poltergasm
Giles's 'Pick Me up' Bacon and Egg sandwich.

Take four mushrooms, two eggs and four slices of bacon, and a cup of saved bacon grease from the fridge.
makes eight tiny triangular sandwiches.

Put the Kettle on.
Place the bacon under the grill at 180ºC and turn it on.
Put some bacon grease in the frying pan and turn the gas on to medium.
Slice and add the mushrooms.
Pour water onto tea-bag in cup.
Turn mushrooms move to one side of pan.
Add eggs to the frying pan.
Take out tea-bag and add milk and/or sugar to taste (or lemon if you feel like Earl Grey tea).
Lay out two slices of bread and add tomato sauce.
Transfer mushrooms to bread and turn eggs.
Sip tea.
Set eggs on top of mushrooms and chop to avoid spillage later.
Lay bacon on top of eggs, and put two more slices of bread on top to complete the sandwich (more sauce is optional).
Retire to the garden and listen to the birds.
Run back into the house and turn off the grill and the gas!

Top Bottom