• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

BB Film Club - October - "Cabin in the Woods"

Taake

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Staff member
Black Thorn
BB Film Club

Hi guys, this is an idea I played around with before and thought we'd give it a bit of a test run.
There are a lot of Whedonverse related movies out there and with all the re-watches etc that we do, it could also be fun to watch some feature films.

October film: Joss Whedon's Cabin in the Woods

This month Cabin in the Woods is the film of the hour, seems approrpiate with a horror movie. If you wish to wait and watch it until Halloween that's cool, but this thread is the place where you can come all month and set up a time to watch the movie with other members.
Either you can do it through servies like rabbit, or simply watch it separately and use the chatty room to discuss with fellow members.
Because we are located in so many different places around the world it seems better that we can try to sort out for ourselves with whom we can watch and when.

I will be watching the movie this Sunday, the 6th of October, though I have not set a time yet.
You are welcome to use this thread to set up times of your own, or let me know when viewing would be most suitable for you.

Later this week I'll set up a discussion thread for the movie.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Cool idea! I am over BtVS but still super keen on fandom chats and rewatches. Any watching chats during my night time works for me. I am GMT+8 which usually makes it morning for you lot. I am not sure if I have this on DVD but I think I saw it on one of the aussie stream sites (which might mean ad breaks if we were to sync).

Black Thorn
I might do this, but I remember absolutely hating the film when I watched it. Maybe it’s time to give it another shot.

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
I might do this, but I remember absolutely hating the film when I watched it. Maybe it’s time to give it another shot.
[/QUOTE

Same here, but its been a while so I thought it’d be interesting to see if my opinion has changed :)

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
I remember hating it the first time I saw it.
I remember not liking it the second time I saw it.
Maybe if I watch it again I will be indifferent.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I liked it the first time I saw it. I cant remember if I saw it a second time. I will laugh even harder when Hemsworth crashes his bike next time.

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
Sunday was probably a bad day to pick in the first place, it's just usually the only night I have time to just sit down in front of the TV and watch something in the evening. But, I'll be watching Cabin in the Woods on Friday 11th at my 21.00.

I'm terrible at time zones, but we're in Summer time still so that'd be UTC + 2 hours I think. Same as Paris, one hour ahead of London, one hour behind Moscow, and who even knows what's going on across that pond, if that helps anyone ;)

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
Sunday was probably a bad day to pick in the first place, it's just usually the only night I have time to just sit down in front of the TV and watch something in the evening. But, I'll be watching Cabin in the Woods on Friday 11th at my 21.00.

I'm terrible at time zones, but we're in Summer time still so that'd be UTC + 2 hours I think. Same as Paris, one hour ahead of London, one hour behind Moscow, and who even knows what's going on across that pond, if that helps anyone ;)
8pm UK equals 3pm Eastern US. 4am Perth!

Octavia
Octavia
You're on to it!

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Bet you wish you had done it on the second Friday in the month, Friday 13th. Shame about Halloweens second Friday but look at the good side, there's a Friday the 13th in December, and possibly some guys birthday later on.

Top Bottom