• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

BBRadio: *J4* (The Jamtastic Four) Show #7!

Old Master 3.0

Watchers Council
Watcher
Black Thorn
WBBR-FM, "The Host" Tune it in....then tear the knob off...!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/BrittD379/buffy/bbradio1-1.png

Hello everyone! We are finally back with a new J4 show. :) During this one you can expect:

- A most interesting guest.
- A discussion about the critically acclaimed episode 'Restless'.
- More and more Fred bashing by our beloved xFivebyfive. ;)
- One of us singing!
- Lu aka NY State of Mind talking... Yes, FO REAL! :p
- Lots of chatting about BtVS and Angel (****WARNING ANGEL SPOILERS****)
- Great music.
- A surprise appearance by the one and only NATHAN FILLION! Oooooh Canada!! (...) Um, or not. :p

As for the songs, this time around we have:

- 'Here I Come' by The Roots, from their album titled 'Game Theory', released in 2006.
- 'Sugar Water' by Cibo Matto, from their album named 'Viva! La Woman', released in 1996. The song has notably been played on BtVS in 'When She Was Bad' during the dance scene between Buffy and Xander.
- 'All Around Me' by Flyleaf, from their self-titled debut album 'Flyleaf', released in 2005. It has been the band's most successful single to date.
- 'Polyamorous' by Breaking Benjamin, from their debut album 'Saturate', released in 2002. It was the first known song by the band.

Anyway!​
First, a link to the stream:

http://bbradiogroup.tumblr.com/

Then, a link to download the show:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?x5l1fd97gvgcdbm

Or alternatively, two links to download the show separately:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jfavcr7vbimegh7 (P1)
http://www.mediafire.com/?h0dso4inh9q5lql (P2)

Credits now...

Main Cast:

Tom aka Tome
Luis aka NY State of Mind
Chris aka WileyDairyGnome
Abby aka Kittenpoker
Katie aka xFivebyfive
Abs aka Abbeycat

Guest Starring:

Marshall aka Living Dead Boy
Jazzy dude aka Old Master 3.0

~~~~~~~~~~​

Oh and just so everyone knows, after much ( ;) ) discussion we've decided to do shorter shows from the next one and on. We're hoping this will let us release them more often.​

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Last edited by a moderator:
H
Harley
[No message]

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
Sweeeet, I shall give this a listen tomorrow or Tuesday when I have more time on my hands :D I'm sure it'll be awesome as always.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Listening to this now

Poor Abbey being ill :(
Marshall needs to sing more! :p
Restless, interesting topic and views, Tom what did you think of the French dubbing in Xanders dream?
So you don't like Fred then Katie!
Interesting topic on ethic minority characters.

X
xfivebyfive
lol no I do not.
Tome
Tome
It was terrible.
L
Living Dead Boy
Thank you. :)

Abbeycat

Werewolf
Sineya
[MENTION=8885]nightshade[/MENTION] I couldn't rep you again. heh. Yeah, I was sick when they did the recording. It sucked.lol I almost didn't want to do the recording that night.:p

Tome
Tome
*pats*

xfivebyfive

Because its Fate.
Black Thorn
hahaha I love doing these shows! Marshall I love you!! I want you to be on the show all the time!

I loved our overrated characters discussion.

L
Living Dead Boy
Love you too sweet pea! :D

Harley

Imported from Detroit
Sineya
This was my favorite show by far. The music was great and the topics were interesting. I know people think its long but I really liked it. Great job guys.

NY State of Mind
NY State of Mind
[No message]
Tome
Tome
;)

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
*sigh* I suppose I best not listen until I finish AtS. Which might be next year sometime. *sadly walks out of the radio rooms*

:D

You should listen to it with someone who has watched Ats and whenver something related to the show comes up they can cover your ears and go "lalalalalala" really loudly...:cool:

Yup, that's right folks, I'm a problem-solver ;)

SlayerFest

Wiley Dairy Gnome
Black Thorn
You guys crack.me.up.

My only critique: talk about cheese more.

In all seriousness I just started listening to it...and my computer is going to die in about 2 minutes...but I felt the need to comment now. I will be back.

You have a great voice Marshall, you should be a news anchor. Also there should be a drinking game, drink every time Lilkins says "aww" ;) okay I'll be back! I'll have like....an essay when I'm done listening.

WileyDairyGnome
WileyDairyGnome
I agree on that drinking game! :p
Tome
Tome
Awwww *drinks*

kittenpoker

Raising penguins in Guam
Sineya
Couldn't rep you again fredikins but your post cracked me up.....

Yeah I'm gonna be so aware of how much I say it now. :)

ashleigh
ashleigh
You should have an 'awww' jar, instead of a swear jar ;) Then again I don't think J4 would be the same without the 'awwws' :P
SlayerFest
SlayerFest
haha I love it when you say "awww"! I say it a lot too ;)

SlayerFest

Wiley Dairy Gnome
Black Thorn
Geeeet ready....

This might be long ;).

-Aww Katie...NOOO. :( Why wouldn't they mourn Fred? Her soul was obliterated! How is she a bitca!? I'm in shock!! Who can hate Fred :cry2:? How is she a pedo? Haha I've never heard that one before. If I'm ever on the show, there is going to be a brawl ;). "Don't pick Fred damn it!" Hahah Tom. You crack me up Katie, ahaha a 35 year old woman, isn't she like 21?

-I completely agree with you Marsh. Buffy is a billion times better than AtS! A billion!!! However, I do like Angel, so that isn't why I prefer Buffy ;).

-''Katie, is that you asking? Aww." haha I was thinking the same thing Lil (aka Abby)! Hahah I knew what she was going to say too. I feel like Joss seems arrogant but...but I also feel like he's being kind of satirical at times. I don't know. Does that make sense? I would have to meet him. I would probably come off as the most annoying person on the planet just judging by how I act in front of the camera and stuff. Ya know what I'm sayin yo?

-How can you not like Oz, Chris!? He is so chill and...Oz man ;). I ship Woz too, but I'm with you Katie. When Tara came along it was like he never existed. I also don't think that Oz was really broody, he was just chill. Haha I often sit quietly and observe my surroundings, and people assume that I'm really unhappy or something but I'm just in deep thought. I think Oz was the same way.

-Hahah I love when Marsh was describing that Oz scene with the vase, Lil got so excited! Haha you're so adorable :D. I agree with just about everything you said Marshall. This is why we're married! I love Restless, as you know, with an intense passion! I have some of the music from it on my ipod. It's so relaxing. Lil and Marshall...you two are so wise ;).

-I'm pretty sure that Olivia crying was supposed to represent Giles wanting to have children and have a life of his own but other things kept getting in the way. I mean she left him because she couldn't handle all of the demonic...drama. "Little bebe" haha was that you Lu? You crack me up ahaha.

-I also never thought about the fact that Buffy did confide in Tara a bit after season 4. I loved this show so much! I'm thinking about things in a different way now :). I re-watched Restless last night. Grr I wish I had watched it after hearing this.

-Angelus did treat death as an art. He loved art, the opera and all that...jazz. He was pretty damn sadistic.

-I agree with Lu. Jenny was only there to keep Buffy from Angel. She could have mentioned that...if she had said, "Hey Buffy, if you two hook up, something awful's gonna happen!" Obviously she wasn't going to do that though. It's understandable why Buffy was pissed but I also understand why Jenny kept her trap shut.

-I'm with you Lil. I don't really find anyone overrated. Well actually...I'm with you Abbey, I do kind of find Cordy overrated at times *ducks* simply because everyone is obsessed with her glorious transformation, but I still love her! "You know who's overrated...Cordelia's hairstylist." ahaha

-Hahah I love that you love Mr. Trick Tom. Was he seriously called Mr. Trick on the show? That sounds...odd.

-I'm so glad you guys brought this up and yes, I totally think that there is a lack of different ethnicities on AtS. I totally get it on Buffy, they're in a small ass town and someone dies everyday from some "mysterious bite" haha. I also felt as if there were some kind of stereotypical moments on Buffy and Angel. When Buffy asks Robin if he was from "the hood" oh man. I found that so lame lol I cringe every time. And didn't he grow up in New York? When did he move to Beverly Hills? I want these details! I really like his character though. Gunn was so over the top at first, with his do-rag ahaha but the writers tuned him down a bit and he became much more realistic. I know he grew up in a rough part of town and he lived on the streets but...it was a bit much. I almost feel as if the writers weren't sure how to write for those characters. "They have Puerto Ricans in Boston, Lu." Haha

-"English mothaf****, do you speak it!?" I died. Man I love you Lil for defending that awesome film.

Also, I really love the elevator music. It's too fabulous for words. Yeah this is in bold.

I love you guys. Even though some of you hate on my favorite characters ;).

I wink too much.

Oh and what is with that image on tumblr, of the cat and the paper towels? Haha...

Tome
Tome
Thanks for the feedback. :) Greatly appreciated. AND THE MUSIC, REALLY?!
X
xfivebyfive
Thanks for the awesome feedback sorry I hate your fave character lol

ItMustBeBunnies

Bugger off, you brolly!
Sineya
Okay, I just finished listening to the first half of the show. This is the first time I have tuned in and I totally loved it! You guys are great! :D

I got a total kick out of hearing your voices for the first time! haha.

[MENTION=11693]Living Dead Boy[/MENTION] - I bet your gonna think I'm totally nuts, but the way you speak kinda reminded me of Anthony Kiedis for some reason, hehe :)

I will listen to the rest of the show tomorrow when I have more time :)

Tome
Tome
Thank jooo! YES I love hearing people' voices for the first time too. :)
K
kittenpoker
awesome! thanks for listening! :-)
L

Living Dead Boy

[MENTION=11753]Fredikins[/MENTION] exactly! We're married for a reason, baby! Oh, and dont worry about dinner, sweetheart, I'll cook this time. ;)
[MENTION=8277]ItMustBeBunnies[/MENTION] you're joking. For real? Oh God....that means I sound like I have a lisp! Anthony has a lisp, and if I sound like him, I have a lisp! BB family, does it sound like I have a lisp?! I'm freaking out. :p

SlayerFest
SlayerFest
you definitely do not have a lisp...haha
Top Bottom