• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

BB's Top 50 Most Memorable Scenes in The Buffyverse - Redux (Week 6)

Which scene was your favorite?

• Can You Fly?

• Your Shirt

• I Like The Quiet

• Run

• I'm Gonna Need a Bigger Arrow

• Ready, Set, Launch!

• Bangel Drama

• Candle, Extra Flamey

• No Hesitation

• Quite a Ride

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
****NOMINEE #1****

''Can You Fly?''
(Angel S1 Ep1 ~ City Of)

BBTop50-Nominee9_zpsd702e802.jpg

~~~~
Russell: Angel. We do things a certain way here in LA.
Angel: Well, I'm new here.
Russell: But you're a civilized man. We don't have to go around attacking each other. Look at me: I pay my taxes. I keep my name out of the paper, and I don't make waves. And in return I can do anything I want!
Angel: Really. Hmm. Can you fly?
~~~~

Tome's commentary: Ahhh, Angel, this is when I started liking you... :p To this day, I still love this scene so much! Such a brilliant delivery on that last line by David Boreanaz. I also loved how the writers foreshadowed his little rivalry with Lindsey during the scene. Right from the get go, Angel let Wolfram & Hart know that he was going to be a real pain in the ass.

****NOMINEE #2****

''Your Shirt''
(Buffy S6 Ep19 ~ Seeing Red)

BBTop50-Nominee33_zps153aee85.jpg

~~~~
Willow: Tara?! Baby?
Willow: Baby, come on! Get up!
~~~~

Tome's commentary: Tara. Tara was a character that - very - slowly grew on me. When she was first introduced, I honestly never thought that she'd become an important part of the show. She always seemed too *nice* and too *sweet*. Also, she was always just... THERE. I know, you'll probably think I'm crazy; but when it comes to fiction, I always prefer dark, broken and flawed characters. I love seeing them find themselves again. Sure, Tara was not perfect, but she had this aura of goodness around her, as if she could never do anything wrong and that she was infinitely wise. Aaaaargh! It's as if she was just too damn perfect! :p OH and SHE made Oz leave. :( KIDDING!

Anyhow, back to the scene where she drew her last breath. For me, the most shocking thing in it is how it happened! Buffy and Xander had just shared a beautiful moment and then out of nowhere comes Warren, sociopath extraordinaire, wielding a gun and firing at Buffy. The randomness of how Tara suddenly got shot was baffling. I ACTUALLY expected that Xander was going to get shot trying to protect Buffy, but never did I suspect a lost bullet would find Tara's heart... Everything that happens from this point on is what got the lump started in my throat. Not only is Tara apparently dead, but Buffy, who just died a few months prior, is badly wounded and looking entirely confused at how to take this: should she be happy that she'll go back to that warm, safe place, or should she be terrified to die just as she is beginning to find a purpose in life again?

AND THE EYES! Seeing red? Ooooh, I got it now. ;)

****NOMINEE #3****

''I Like The Quiet''
(Buffy S3 Ep13 ~ The Zeppo)

scene26.jpg

~~~~
Xander: So I guess the question really is... who has less fear?
Jack: I'm not afraid to die. I'm already dead.
Xander: Yeah, but this is different. Being blowed up isn't walking around and drinking with your buddies dead. It's little bits being swept up by a janitor dead, and I don't think you're ready for that.
~~~~

Tome's commentary: This was a fascinating scene featuring Xander and a deranged psychopathic zombie. Who would have thought that Xand-man could withstand such a contest of wills? It is one of the - if not THE - shiniest moments for Xander in the show. He literally faced death with a smile. I know he risked his life a lot of times before - and afterwards -; however, never was it so clear and definitive. As he told Jack, it wasn't just dying, but being blown into little bits.

The whole exchange was great, and I'm just sad that no one ever found out about the amazing courage Xander demonstrated in front of his impending doom.

****NOMINEE #4****

''Run''
(Buffy S5 Ep10 ~ Into The Woods)

scene45.jpg

~~~~
Buffy: Riley! Riley!
~~~~

Tome's commentary: Briley fans, where are you?! I know we're not many on BB (or in the fandom for that matter), but let's all remember how we felt when we first had to watch this scene. Personally, I couldn't help but feel like Buffy had just wasted a really good shot at a good, long-lasting relationship. To those who claim Riley screwed it up himself by going to get *bitten* and giving Buffy an ultimatum, I'll admit that he didn't help save the relationship at the end; however, it's not like it all happened overnight, Riley was unhappy for a while and Buffy never took a moment to realize it before it was too late. The ship had sunk. :(

Did anyone else love their *theme song*? They didn't play it too often during S4 and S5, but it was in the background at the end of this episode.

On a more neutral note, this marked the first big loss for Buffy in S5. In the following episodes, she was going to lose more and more, leading her to catatonia at the end of "˜Spiral'.

****NOMINEE #5****

''I'm Gonna Need a Bigger Arrow''
(Angel S4 Ep7 ~ Apocalypse, Nowish)

scene84.jpg

~~~~
Angel: Might wanna hold the gloat, chuckles. We're just getting started.
~~~~

Tome's commentary: Ok, this is purely an action sequence, but what an awesome one it is! The Fang Gang - aside from the gals - fight it off against The Beast, one hell of an adversary! This, to my knowledge, was the first time we saw Wesley shooting in slow motion. :D Isn't he badass? Haha! There isn't much that needs to be SAID about the scene aside from Angel nicknaming his demonic opponent ''Chuckles," hahaha. How Angel changed from his Buffy days...

****NOMINEE #6****

''Ready, Set, Launch!''
(Buffy S2 Ep14 ~ Innocence)

BBTop50-Nominee22_zpsb87c24fb.jpg

~~~~
The Judge: You're a fool. No weapon forged can stop me.
Buffy: That was then.
Buffy: This is now.
The Judge: What's that do?
(...)
The Judge: :(
~~~~

Tome's commentary: This. Was. The. Coolest. Sequence. Ever. :) At the time, at least. When you think about it, the way they made up The Judge to be this big, indestructible antagonist fell kind of flat in the end; however, setting that aside, I still loved seeing Angelus shocked and Drusilla terrified as Buffy was getting ready to blow them all up! You know, Buffy, I think that rocket launcher could have been useful a few more times after that. ;) WHY DIDN'T SHE KEEP IT?!

Edit: Or did she? Someone pointed out to me that it might have been the same rocket launcher that she used in "˜Him' to try and kill Principal Wood.

****NOMINEE #7****

''Bangel Drama''
(Angel S3 Ep5 ~ Fredless)

BBTop50-Nominee42_zpsccbd74e8.jpg

~~~~
Wesley: Oh, I love you so much I almost forgot to *brood!*
Cordelia: And just because I sent you to hell that one time doesn't mean that we can't just be friends.
Cordelia: Oh!
Wesley: Or possibly more.
Cordelia: Gasp! No! We mustn't.
Wesley: Kiss me.
Cordelia: Bite me!
~~~~

Tome's commentary: Tome's commentary: This was just too good to see! It was about time someone mocked Buffy and Angel's overly dramatic exchanges in early BtVS. ;) I mean, I used to root for them too when I was a young teen; however, even then, I realized the cheesiness of most of their conversations. Also, I personally always enjoy watching Wesley imitate his old boss. :p He's got a knack for it. I think that it's natural for him, because he always seemed to have a lot of admiration for Angel.

****NOMINEE #8****

''Candle, Extra Flamey''
(Buffy S4 Ep19 ~ New Moon Rising)

scene40.jpg

~~~~
Willow: Tara, I have to tell you...
Tara: No, I-I understand. You have to be with the person you l-love.
Willow: I am.
Tara: You mean...
Willow: I mean. Okay?
Tara: Oh, yes.
~~~~

Tome's commentary: Okay, I got to admit this scene melted my - very - manly heart. ;) I liked Oz and Willow together, but Tara was definitely not a downgrade. In this wonderful scene, you can't help feeling happy for Tara; she thought Willow would choose Oz, not her. Her reaction is so genuine when she realizes what Willow means! It was great acting by Amber Benson.

This is actually an exchange I loved more on subsequent watches, because then I knew how their relationship would develop in the long run. It was great to be able to see that the *special something* that they so clearly have later on was already there in that scene. I'd go as far as to say that their mutual love for each other was the most profound and meaningful on both shows.

****NOMINEE #9****

''No Hesitation''
(Angel S5 Ep7 ~ Lineage)

scene91.jpg

~~~~
Wesley (to his father): You never had any use for me as a child, and you can't bear the thought of me as an adult. Tell me, father, what is it that galls you so, that I was never as good at the job as you... or that I just might be better?
Roger Wyndam-Pryce: Oh, yes, this is Los Angeles. We have to talk about our feelings. Then maybe we'll hug.
Wesley: It's doubtful.
~~~~

Tome's commentary: I always thought that Wesley's daddy issues would come to the forefront at some point. To be honest, I expected it to be sooner than later, but at last we finally met his father (or not) in S5. What this episode (and this scene in particular) reminded me of, is that Wes doesn't screw around anymore; he's not that goofy, incompetent watcher we met on Buffy. If there's ever been a good example of a dramatic character change on a TV show, Wesley is IT.

In this bone-chilling sequence, Wesley does not hesitate one second to shoot his *dad* to protect Fred. I'll admit it, I was shocked the first time I saw it. How often have we seen this: the antagonist in a movie or in a show takes the protagonist's lover as a hostage at gunpoint and there goes two minutes of back and forth talking until something happens. Not here, though. Not with freaking pissed off Wesley Wyndam-Pryce. BAM! It's over before his father can even utter a word.

I loved the tension in this scene... You could feel that there was more than just Winifred's safety at stake for Wesley: all his life, he had been kicked down and humiliated by his father; his self-esteem was badly damaged along the way, and there was no way he was going to let that man take away what was now his strength and inspiration. Powerful stuff.

****NOMINEE #10****

''Quite a Ride''
(Buffy S3 Ep21 ~ Graduation Day: Part 1)

BBTop50-Nominee14_zps12260473.jpg

~~~~
Faith: You did it.
Faith: You killed me.
Faith: Still won't help your boy, though. Shoulda been there, B, quite a ride.
~~~~[

Tome's commentary: When it comes to fights on BtVS, in my opinion, Faith and Buffy are the reference. I always loved their rivalry, and in this scene it comes to a boil! Buffy is determined to do whatever it takes to save Angel"”which I think gave her the advantage here, because she had something to fight for. On the other hand, Faith was just enjoying herself"”well, that is until she took a knife in her stomach. :p

I remember waiting anxiously for the next episode to find out if she had actually died! I kind of wanted her to. :) Yes, I'm evil. Anyhow, I still am not certain on what that last line from her meant: "˜'Quite a ride''? Was she talking about her own life and how Buffy was missing out by being a good little Slayer? Honestly, it doesn't make that much sense, but I don't see what else could have been her point.

btvsfanatic

The ***** is back
Ohhhhh, so many favorites for this one. Definitely was a hard one to choose 😫 lol

''Ready, Set, Launch!'' (voted for this one)
''Candle, Extra Flamey''
''Can You Fly?''
''Bangel Drama''

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
1 Ready, Set, Launch!
2 Run
3 I Like The Quiet
4 Quite The Ride
5 Can You Fly?
6 No Hesitation
7 Your Shirt
8 Bangel Drama
9 I'm Gonna Need A Bigger Arrow
10 Candle, Extra Flamey

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
  1. Ready, Set, Launch!
  2. I Like The Quiet
  3. Quite a Ride
  4. Candle, Extra Flamey
  5. Your Shirt
  6. Can You Fly?
  7. Bangel Drama
  8. I'm Gonna Need a Bigger Arrow
  9. Run
  10. No Hesitation

Ready, Set, Launch! is such a classic. lol

/SK

Miss Muffet

"Can I trade in the children for more cash?"
Sineya
1. Ready, Set, Launch!
2. Can You Fly?
3. I Like the Quiet
4. Your Shirt
5. Quite a Ride

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Now if Darla had smiled and said to Buffy when she was confronted by the judge, "You are going to need a bigger bow."
At which point Buffy put the bazooka on her shoulder.
I'm sure Darla's face could've said a thousand words! Such is the wonder of hindsight.

Tome

Berktwad
Black Thorn
Looking back at these, it's a little confusing to vote for scenes that make you cry as 'favorites'. 😂 I suppose I just had in mind the scenes that had a lasting impact on the viewers.

But I went with (1) Ready, Set, Launch too. That's such a short, but powerful moment.

After that I'd go with this order...

(2) No Hesitation
(3) I Like The Quiet
(4) Run
(5) Can You Fly
(6) Quite a Ride
(7) I'm Gonna Need a Bigger Arrow
(8) Your Shirt
(9) Candle, Extra Flamey
(10) Bangel Drama

thrasherpix

Scooby