• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Becoming

jilyandbambi

Townie
Hi everyone! I'm new here as of yesterday, and new to the Buffy fandom as a fic writer. In my Check-In thread @Fool for Buffy suggested that I share my fic on here. I've read the rules for posting on here already, but I'm not quite sure about what that means for posting fic. My story is most definitely not PG-13, so I didn't want to post it on the boards directly, but I'm still 100% on whether or not you can post outside links to fic on the BB. So if I get this wrong, please correct me, and I apologize in advance.

Moving on, "Becoming" is a fic that's put me through the ringer quite a bit. I originally posted it to AO3 a couple of months ago, but then after a bad day I took it down and hadn't planned on reposting it, but I couldn't get the ideas I had for this story out of my head. There was so much I wanted to do with it... This, along with requests I received from a few readers, made me decide to put it back up with some edits.

Fair warning, this is hands down the darkest fic I've ever written, and for me that's saying something. If I have a "thing" when it comes to fanfic, it's exploring the aftermath of trauma, but of course that means there has to first be trauma; and hooo boy is there trauma to be found in this fic. I have tagged this thing with as many warnings as I could think of without giving too much away. So if you have any specific triggers, the tags should give you a heads up.

Here is the summary:
A peek into a topsy-turvy universe where Faith is Called a whole three years before Buffy and Kendra, Hank and Joyce get divorced earlier than they do in canon, Buffy stays with Hank (who is battling his own demons--heh) instead of moving across the country to live in New York with her mother, and the closing of the Sunnydale Hellmouth a whole 7 years earlier leads the gang (minus Buffy, of course) to set up shop in Los Angeles.

In which sixteen-year-old Buffy Summers' life (and self-esteem) has hit an all time low. But just when she thinks all hope is lost, she finds her luck is about to change, but will it necessarily be for the better?

Think of this as a Cinderella AU, but with more trauma, and instead of a prince and a happily ever after, our heroine gets superpowers and a new family....and also more trauma. Whoops.

Since I've reposted I haven't gotten many comments and since I'm still a little unsure about this story, I'd really appreciate feedback/comments. I'm interested to see what fandom veterans and newbies like myself make of this one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom