• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Beer Bad or Where The Wild Things Are

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
Both written by Tracey Forbes, which, funnily enough, are her only credits on BtVS.

B
Btvs fan
She also did Something Blue

Mr Trick

Scooby
For random good scenes WTTA probably has better scenes. But the plot just never works. At least Beer Bad you can have some goofy fun with Cavegirl Buffy:D It fits into the themes of the show. I love the Willow-Parker scene too. I'd keep BB if I had to choose.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
For random good scenes WTTA probably has better scenes. But the plot just never works. At least Beer Bad you can have some goofy fun with Cavegirl Buffy:D It fits into the themes of the show. I love the Willow-Parker scene too. I'd keep BB if I had to choose.
I pretty much agree with you, though I don't think WTWTA is as bad an episode as people tend to think it is. However, it's main problem is essentially the plot revolves around Buffy and Riley having too much sex. The real horror element of the episode (a woman uses her position of trust and abuses the kids in her care because they're essentially acting like teenagers and children) is never really dealt with. Sure Giles calls her out, but then what? She never suffers any consequences for her actions. The spirits don't take revenge on her (none of the abused kids died so why were there spirits?), and she doesn't go to jail or even investigated by the authorities (despite admitting the abuse in front of at least 4 witnesses),

The whole episode is kind of reduced to a joke.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I pretty much agree with you, though I don't think WTWTA is as bad an episode as people tend to think it is. However, it's main problem is essentially the plot revolves around Buffy and Riley having too much sex. The real horror element of the episode (a woman uses her position of trust and abuses the kids in her care because they're essentially acting like teenagers and children) is never really dealt with. Sure Giles calls her out, but then what? She never suffers any consequences for her actions. The spirits don't take revenge on her (none of the abused kids died so why were there spirits?), and she doesn't go to jail or even investigated by the authorities (despite admitting the abuse in front of at least 4 witnesses),

The whole episode is kind of reduced to a joke.
My guess is they called the police on her its just that we didn't see it on screen. Then again unless they could get her to repeat the confession it may have been tricky getting her convicted.

katmobile

Scooby
My guess is they called the police on her its just that we didn't see it on screen. Then again unless they could get her to repeat the confession it may have been tricky getting her convicted.
idk - she didn't kill any of the kids didn't she? Just trace them and say you're conducting an equiry. At least a few may well be grateful to actually have the chance to be listened to about the abuse they endured.

katmobile

Scooby
I agree that WTWA could have been an interesting episodes had we had accounts from the victims whose sexual energy was around the place and had them deal with it. As it is it's a silly episode in which Buffy and Riley have a lot of boring sex only really redeamed by the Xander/Spike/Anya scenes, Giles singing and the fact that for once it's really Anya who saves the day.

BaskingINBangel

"Peanut butter, preferably crunchy!"
I really love both episodes. But I think I have to go with Where the Wild Things Are. I just enjoy it slightly more than Beer Bad, and I feel like I'm more entertained overall when I'm watching WTWA. The viney staircase, and Giles singing, are highlights for me.

Top Bottom