• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Best Buffy/Angel book?

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
Which books have you read? Which did you like and which did you hate with a burning passion?

I've took a notion to read the tie-in novels while on my lunch breaks, since they are very easy reads. Tbh I've read more of the essay collections than the wee novels.

Would you recommend any essay collections too? There might have been ones I've missed.

Black Thorn
I've only read These Our Actors and the Wicked Willow trilogy so far, but they were both pretty good

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
I've only read These Our Actors and the Wicked Willow trilogy so far, but they were both pretty good
I've not read These Our Actors, but I'm sure I have the Wicked Willow trilogy. Was that the alternate timeline thing? And Oz shows up? If it is, that one was a good read. It felt like quality fan fiction.

Sineya
These Our Actors (Willow, Spike/William) is good. Monster Island (BtVS/Angel crossover), too. I had liked Cursed (Angel/Spike) when I first read, but I've recently re-read it, and I found it boring... Little Things (S5, Scoobies) and Blackout (Spike, Nikki Wood) I liked, too. I hated Blood and Fog.

but I'm sure I have the Wicked Willow trilogy. Was that the alternate timeline thing? And Oz shows up? If it is, that one was a good read.
It's Dark Willow before her revenge against Warren and the world. It's not bad. Spike and Oz make an appearance.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
I think I've read pretty much all of the novels, except the 'Choose Your Destiny' series because they're...stupid.

I cannot praise 'The Lost Slayer' enough. Christopher Golden wrote the most amazing verse, it's something that I wish I could have seen as an actual season of the show. A lot of the novels - like 'Monster Island', 'Heat', 'The Book of Fours' - are great and amazingly written, but at the same time, they're very outlandish, over the top, stories that you know would never happen on the show. 'The Lost Slayer', while outlandish and incredible, also has a very real, show-like feel to it. I couldn't recommend it more.

Also, along those lines, would be 'Spike and Dru: Pretty Maids all in a Row', a very show like feel to it. 'The Book of Fours' and 'Monster Island', 'Endangered Species' and 'The Unseen Trilogy' are all books that I would recommend.

Anya2012

Floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
I loved Lost Slayer-in fact, I'm reading it right now and halfway through it. I also found my copy of Tales of The Slayer vol 1 recently and remember liking that one too.

I recently finished the Buffy the Vampire Slaer vol 1 with the three stories in one (Coyote Moon, Night of the living Rerun, and Portal through time) and the writing was shockingly bad. I couldn't even finish vol 1. I don't recommend these ones.

Sineya
I recently finished the Buffy the Vampire Slaer vol 1 with the three stories in one (Coyote Moon, Night of the living Rerun, and Portal through time) and the writing was shockingly bad. I couldn't even finish vol 1. I don't recommend these ones.
That's an odd combination....Coyote Moon & Night of the living rerun are two of the original four 'Teen novels' from 1997, but Portal through Time was one of the last 'Adult novels' released (about 2006 I think?).

Have read all the Buffy books (including the Angel crossovers) & have to say the standard is somewhat varied. Some are like poor fanfic while others could have been made into episodes......Agree that The Lost Slayer set is one of the better stories out there...a good read & has a great cast of characters involved.

Top Bottom