• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Best season for Lilah?

Lilah's Best Season

• Angel Season 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Angel Season 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Angel Season 3

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Angel Season 4

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
What's your fav Lilah season?
Personally I adored Lilah from her debut but imo S1 & S2 were the seasons that she was still developing!
She really shines in Season 3 and Season 4!
While I love her a lot in both I think she had her best story in Season 4.

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya
Like @Puppet said, obviously season 4, but it doesn't even have to be because of Weslah! Lilah never loses her integrity and independence during her relationship with Wesley, and it's interesting how she keeps working against him (like when she played him to get to Lorne, or all the times she tried to extract information from him).

Lilah is a real badass in season 4. She offs Linwood, makes Gavin her bitch, deals with The Beast, Connor and A.I. like a pro, survives on her own after the Beast trashes Wolfram&Hart even though she's injured, and still manages to find literature on The Beast that Wesley doesn't have. On top of all of this, she has some excellent lines and moments, especially with Wesley, but not just. ("Look, Angel, I know you've been out of loop for a while, but I'm still evil. I don't do errands unless they're... evil errands.")

I also appreciate how even though she's hurt by Wesley dumping her, she recovers and accepts the end of the relationship, as well as her eternal servitude, with grace. In Home, she's dead and still has feelings for Wes, but is 100% comfortable with herself and her life. It's hard to find villains who aren't either EVIL or trying to be good or liked, and Lilah is an excellent villain and character because she doesn't need to be explained or redeemed.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Like @Puppet said, obviously season 4, but it doesn't even have to be because of Weslah! Lilah never loses her integrity and independence during her relationship with Wesley, and it's interesting how she keeps working against him (like when she played him to get to Lorne, or all the times she tried to extract information from him).

Lilah is a real badass in season 4. She offs Linwood, makes Gavin her bitch, deals with The Beast, Connor and A.I. like a pro, survives on her own after the Beast trashes Wolfram&Hart even though she's injured, and still manages to find literature on The Beast that Wesley doesn't have. On top of all of this, she has some excellent lines and moments, especially with Wesley, but not just. ("Look, Angel, I know you've been out of loop for a while, but I'm still evil. I don't do errands unless they're... evil errands.")

I also appreciate how even though she's hurt by Wesley dumping her, she recovers and accepts the end of the relationship, as well as her eternal servitude, with grace. In Home, she's dead and still has feelings for Wes, but is 100% comfortable with herself and her life. It's hard to find villains who aren't either EVIL or trying to be good or liked, and Lilah is an excellent villain and character because she doesn't need to be explained or redeemed.
Very true, my love of S4 Lilah is not solely based on Weslah or Wesley, she's got, as you pointed out, plenty of Wesley-free scenes where she gets to shine as a character; an independent, strong female character, which was even rarer back then than it is today. I just can't put it into the kind of words that you and others do, which is why my posts are usually pretty short and succinct :p

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya
Very true, my love of S4 Lilah is not solely based on Weslah or Wesley, she's got, as you pointed out, plenty of Wesley-free scenes where she gets to shine as a character; an independent, strong female character, which was even rarer back then than it is today. I just can't put it into the kind of words that you and others do, which is why my posts are usually pretty short and succinct :p
Oh come off it, your posts are usually great! (Not the Spuffy ones but that's my personal opinion :p)
I was just adding to what you said since I'm incapable of not pretentiously explaining everything.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
S4. Running the W&H division. Plus Weslah gave her some more depth.

Runner up is S2 for the Lilah/Lindsey snarking back and forth.

...I actually can't remember anything about Lilah in S3. W&H was kinda disappointing this season.

DagonSphere

Potential
She is great in every season, but season four is the season in which she gets more to do. In seasons 1-3, she is either only being sassy evil and/or competing with Lindsey and Gavin. In season four, she gets to be vulnerable too. I was actually surprised that they killed her off that season. Because they really had the opportunity to dig deeper into her character, especially once the Beast destroyed Wolfram and Hart. She could have worked with Angel Investigations and we could have learned more about her.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I liked her death. I mean, it would always annoy me when vampires would bite someone for three seconds, then they drop like a stone. Like Spike and the Chinese Slayer. I always liked the orgasmic lustful embrace, where they are going to siphon every last drop out. Lilah was a good example, Wish Xander and Willow on Cordie was the other one. Or Mina in the LXG film.

BaskingINBangel

"Peanut butter, preferably crunchy!"
When I first started watching AtS I initially didn't really like Lilah very much, which is kind of strange because she is the exact type of charcter that I usually love.

Anyways, her character slightly improved for me in s2, but by the end of her run in s4 she was one of my favorite characters. Now I love her in every season that she's in. I do think s4 is her best season though, so that's what I voted for.

Top Bottom