• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Best Season for Lorne?

Best Season for Lorne?

• Season 2

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Season 3

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Season 4

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Season 5

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

Mr Trick

Scooby
Just like the character Lorne/The Host was a bit under valued. Which was the his best season. I don't see many people voting for S5 but could be wrong;)

Athena

I'm not what you think I am
Staff member
Black Thorn
Probably Season 2 for me, before he moved into the Hyperion. After that he was either just the comic relief character or just stood around - it was like they didn't know what to do with him. I loved him at Caritas though, when we knew him as The Host.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Season 3. In 2 he seemed a bit...plot-device-y (you sing I give you advice, rinse and repeat), but after the Pylea arc he seemed more rounded. Plus in S3 he actually got to do stuff for the gang, he brought the gang a couple of cases, he had contacts and opinions, he got that lady to close the portal near the end.

Yeah, the writers seemed to know what to do with him in S3, which is fitting because its very soap opera-y to me with all the relationships and love triangles and such. Lorne was in his element.
I did like his light touch in S4 though, made a grim season (that I enjoyed) flow a bit better.

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya
I chose season 4.
In S2, he's fun, but doesn't do much. In S3, he tries to bring Angel and Cordy together (an obvious plot device) and besides taking care of Connor doesn't do much. In S4. he's there for Angel a lot and is basically Cordy's substitute in the 'talking some sense into the the broody vampire' department, his powers are utilized well and he has some amazing lines to take the edge off the gloominess of the season ("I hate to be the little demon that cried apocalypse nowish"). I like how he becomes a full fledged champion in the Jasmine arc.

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
I liked him in S4 a lot, but then I do really love 4. I chose season 2 though. I liked seeing him in his bar proper, and that even though AI broke up, he was non-judgemental Lorne who gave his time to both Angel and his ex group. The Pylea arc was quite special too.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I went with S2. Its close between that and 4. Think I went with 2 because I like the inflence Lorne has over Angel when he has split from his team and is in limbo. His involvement at the end of the season is very enjoyable too:p

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I went with season 4. I like the Lorne in Vegas episode. He's good to balance out the terrible Cordy/Connor stuff. Love Lorne most of the time though. He doesn't do much in season 5 though, and I can't support him supporting Cangel. I loved him in season 2 at Caritas.

Spanish Flame

It's Not Easy Being Green
I love him on Caritas and at the hotel, but for me he does his best on season 4 plus there's one of my fave episodes: Spin In The Bottle. I just laughed so hard and found some iconic lines to Andy's life.

I dont like him on S5 because does... what? Arranging parties? Nah! I love when he uses his abilities to help and in s4 is in there when all the Connor, Angel, Cordy....

However I must confess Lorne's wardrobe is much more colorful, fit and classy than any other season.

But I just choose s4 over all.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
He's pretty great throughout, but season 2 is certainly the best. Back in the day when he was just an ally with a bar.

spikenbuffy

My true nature. You want a taste ?
I chose Season 2 he's great in this season after that he just stand there and makes me laugh sometimes.

FaithLehane16

"Five by Five."
Just like the character Lorne/The Host was a bit under valued. Which was the his best season. I don't see many people voting for S5 but could be wrong;)
I voted for Season 5 because I liked him best in Season 5. It was when he finally gotten the importance of Buffy in Angel's life. He threw Cangel out of the window.

Top Bottom