• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Better hated character? Eve (Angel S5), Connor, Rona or Kennedy

Joshua

Huge Spuffy Fan!
These four are the most hated Buffyverse characters but who do you prefer in this list?

Eve from Angel S5
Rona & Kennedy from Buffy S7
or
Connor

Kennedy - Because the amount of hate she gets is shocking she's not a bad person, and is exciting to watch as a character.

Sineya
Kennedy is the only one of the potentials who actually wanted to do her job. In the process, she saved Willow from a lifetime of pining away for Tara, she volunteered to be bait for the Bringer that they caught and she was the drill instructor for the other girls. So what if she doesn't follow the usual rules? Buffy never did.

In order after that, Eve (whose only flaw was trying to supplant Lilah), Connor (who had a tough upbringing with no direction) then Rona (who was saved by Buffy and complained constantly after that).

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I think Connor by a mile. Connor has legitimate reasons for being the way he is- he's damaged. Also he does at least have layers to him and he ends up being pretty cool.
Also 'Benediction', 'Origin' and 'Not Fade Away' give me Angel/Connor feels. I more dislike what was done to his character, but I understand the purpose to it.

Kennedy has some truly admirable qualities but I find her personality 'quirks' especially irritating.

Eve is too shallow for me to really passionately hate most of the time; her real crime is that she's under the delusion that she's in Lilah's league or something, whereas she's a lot closer to Harmony in terms of 'badass-ness'; the contrast between how she sees herself and the reality can be distracting. No character has truly been less self-aware.

Rona is the most legitimately hated in my view; I don't understand the point of her apart from being to test Buffy's patience and an easy stick to beat the rest of the Potentials with; 'the Potentials were all awful' *points at Rona*

CONNOR.
Why would anyone hate connor?
Connor is the way he is because the life he has lived. Imagine growing up in a hell dimension being taught nothing but that Angel is a monster you must kill and see how you would be. Not to mention he's still a child, thats why I forgive him for being so crazy about cordelia. But you cant say you like Angel and not Connor because if it werent for how Angel progressed as a person from Angeles we'd hate him too. and Connor did progress. I loved Connor. And I loved the last episode of Angel when Angel spends his last day with Connor and Connor says "cmon you drop by for a cup of coffee and the worlds not ending? please?" and he shows up to fight right beside angel despite finally getting the normal life he always craved.

i also like kennedy just dont feel as strongly about it lol

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Connor in season 5 is a delight, and he actually had his moments in season 4 too. Also like everyone has said you can't hate Connor too much because nothing is his fault.

Taake

Bella
Staff member
Black Thorn
100% Connor. I love Connor, he didn't just have legitimate reasons for being the way he was, he was also integral to the plot and Angel's character.
Could they have altered some ways they wrote the character? Sure, but I can see the reason to their madness and keeping Connor so sullen. But I never hated Connor so I don't even think he belongs on a list with the other three characters.

Out of those three I think that Kennedy is the better one. The reason why she is so annoying is that she is shoe-horned into the plot and the Scooby gang towards the end of the final season, right around the time when viewers were not terribly open to new characters taking up screentime, and more invested in seeing resolution for the characters they've loved for years. If Whedon wanted one of the Scoobs to be in a happy relationship at the end of the show it would honestly, in my opinion, have been better to reconcile Xander and Anya, rather than bring a new love interest on the scene. Kennedy can be annoying, sure, but I think most of the hate aimed at her isn't really about her specifically. Another season she might've been met with more patience.

Rona and Eve were just shallow and annoying, zero redeemable qualities for me and could easily have been replaced.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Out of this list I'm picking Kennedy. Eve is more just annoying in season 5. Like just go away. lol. Actually I like some moments with her and Angel, for comedy purposes. lol. I like Connor in season 3 and 5, season 4 Connor is just badly written with poor motivations. Rona does have some hated moments, but there's a few small moments where I like her. Kennedy I both find annoying and hate a lot of her dialogue. I try not to give compliments to Kennedy, but I'll admit there are a couple of brief moments where I like her, specifically her and Faith. I also don't find the actress to be very good, nor do I find her attractive like some other people do. So I really see no reasons why Willow would be attracted to her.

Nix

Queen of Coffee!!
Sineya
Kennedy band wagon here! I didn't like Conor very much I have to say but he does come in 2nd place for me but Kennedy first.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Connor, for all the reasons already listed in this thread,

I don't mind Kennedy as a character, I just really didn't like her forced and rushed relationship with Willow. She was a bit of a brat at times but she was also spunky and brave and I liked how willing and eager she was to go into battle and take on the mantle of being a Slayer.

Rona was too under-developed to make any kind of impression on me. I neither like nor dislike her.

Eve is an atrocious character with a really bad actress attached to her and a complete lack of anything interesting or intriguing about her. I think in the hands of a better actress and maybe with slightly better writing she could have been interesting but as it was, she was just a pale replacement for Lilah and didn't even come close to filling Lilah's Manolo Blahniks.

Athena

Belinda
Staff member
Black Thorn
Better hated character - out of those I'd probably go for Connor. At least his arc serves a purpose. I like how Angel is as a father, and although the Condelia/Jasmine stuff icks me out, I did actually feel something for Connor and understood that he was just a scared, abused kid.

Eve is just a Lilah-wannabe. They should have brought Lilah back.
Rona was literally just there for exposition, which is fine. I neither like or dislike her.
Kennedy only seemed to boss people around and be above her station. Obviously being Willow's gf makes you better than you actually are.... whatevs Kenny.