• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question Biggest Fear?

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
With Halloween around the corner, I figured it's an appropriate time for such a topic asking about your biggest fear.

Mine's cockroaches. Icky little things (and sometimes not so little...) with twitchy little legs... and those feelers. Yuck. The worst kinds can fly. It's bad enough that I worry about them crawling up my legs, let alone worry about them flying into my face.

I think most bugs in general I'm afraid of them. Aside from roaches, there's also wasps and bees too and their sting. I remember one time in elementary school, I got so freaked out by some wasp like creature burrowing into a hole on the side of my desk that I backed away so violently I accidentally knocking my chair against the desks behind me. Everyone laughed at me and I ended up heading to the toilet during recess to cry my eyes out. Heh.

But enough sob stories from me. What about you? What's your worst fear and if you've got any horrible experiences from them too, feel free to lay them out. 😛

Last edited:

TriBel

Scooby
Same as @Spanky 's - failure - and looking an idiot (I suspect I go out of my to appear an idiot because then I'm in control). That and slugs. Disgusting abject creatures that are somewhere between solid and liquid. They're the animal equivalent of skin on custard or gravy. They should be compelled to wear a shell.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Coulrophobia (clown fear) is a big one, but I'm surprisingly untouched by it most of the time because I'm not afraid to watch killer clowns on the screen. But if I ever saw one coming at me in person? I may just die right there from a heart attack o_O

Give Us A Kiss
Give Us A Kiss
Does the clown in Xander's nightmare scare you ?

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
Coulrophobia (clown fear) is a big one, but I'm surprisingly untouched by it most of the time because I'm not afraid to watch killer clowns on the screen. But if I ever saw one coming at me in person? I may just die right there from a heart attack o_O
Same. I was one of those kids who were creeped out by clowns. There's just something about the makeup that felt unsettling, the big red mouth and the weird costume. Definitely more on the "creepy weirdo" side of design rather than "amusing goofball" in my opinion.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I'm not afraid to watch killer clowns on the screen. But if I ever saw one coming at me in person? I may just die right there from a heart attack o_O
I think a lot of people would too if they were to see a killer clown coming at them, especially if they just witnessed them kill someone.

Puppet
Puppet
Someone put on their funny pants today.

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Watcher
Black Thorn
I used to have a fear of driving, but now I’m getting my license!

I also used to be kind of afraid of snakes, but I’ve come to appreciate them in nature (though was a bit afraid the vipers would bite the dog), and have let someone’s pet snakes slither over my arms. (when I was a kid our neighbors had a snake that escaped, small and really cute, but we found it in our toilet! No idea how it got there. Like under the ring. To this day I must check the toilet for snakes!)

But I still fear ticks. Gross, horrible little things. Luckily they seem to dislike me too.

Spanky
Spanky
I should saw you a picture of my snake... LOL

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
About the clown topic, I used to be unphased by clowns until I once walked on my mom watching Xander's nightmare with the clown, just as he was holding the knife and laughing.

I'm not scared of clowns, but they make me feel a bit uncomfortable.

thrasherpix

Scooby
Fire. While not full blown pyrophobia, it makes me nervous. I think it represents chaos to me, probably because when I was about 5, shortly after taken from my grandmother (and I learned from her, backed by spankings, about fire safety given the house used a lot of propane and she was a smoker) I saw dad nodding off after too much alcohol while holding a lit cigarette that fell from his fingers. My putting it out caused him to come to and hit me.

Ever since then I've had nightmares of fires chasing me, and no one can help me. And no matter where I go, they pop up again.

I did some work in learning to fight the fire in my dreams and I think it helped (interesting enough, my dream-self can even be pyrokinetic at times, since I managed this), but it still worries me in my waking life. Fire extinguishers are kept at the ready and I even like to have them in a car I'm in (but then some call me "girl scout" because of all the things for emergencies I like to have around). Even hearing local warnings of fire whirls (aka firenadoes), which can even blow over lakes, can make me sympathize with the gibbering terror of a Lovecraftian protagonist.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I don't have a biggest fear but a lot of things are scary.
I'd have to go with other animals e.g. snakes and rats.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

You gotta go be gay for that poor, dead intern...
Black Thorn
I almost drowned in a pool once when I fell in as a kid. Too young to remember the details though.
I almost drowned at summer camp when we took a trip to the beach. I was 11 and had my feet in the water when a freak wave slammed me under. The camp counselors didn't even notice. Luckily, a life guard saved me.

Oromous
Oromous
Curse those counselors. Jason was right to hack 'em up.
Top Bottom