• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Biggest WFT moments

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Hi all,

So I was wondering what was your biggest WFT moments on Buffy or Angel that made you asked yourself if the writers were crazy!

1527007329556.png

Let's discuss!

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Here are mine:

1) Cordelia and Connor sleeping together because she wanted him to have something real before dying?!? They could at least make her fall for the guy and not have sex with him out of pity!

2) The cheese men althougth I do love him.

3) Buffy killing the human medieval guys in S5 without any remorse whatsoever. It's like if they tought, this guys don't matter, their enemies!

thrasherpix

Scooby
When Buffy got thrown out of her house in season 7. I won't say why because it's an essay (from things said to it happening at all). However, the very first time I saw it I backed it up to watch it again as I felt I must've missed something, and after that I figured it was some dark spell at work (which would make sense, the First would definitely help Amy, and probably vice versa, and the Bringers also did magicks to help torment Angel in season 3)....but no. We the audience were supposed to accept this as a natural event that incorporated knowledge of the characters and previous seasons (and just common sense), but I just can't lower the bar that far.

'Course lots about season 7 bothers me and I'm convinced most of the writers weren't even trying anymore other than to get it over with as they were trying to move on to other projects.

But after season 1 I think I was about able to accept any craziness, which later seasons added to. I usually went with it. I can nitpick a lot, especially from season 5, but I believe the writers were still honestly trying (at least until season 7 Buffy) and I could see what they were going for. Just that one scene of Buffy getting kicked out and it not turning out to be some kind of dark magick had me going, "Utter BS." That's why I'm probably the only fan that doesn't get mad at anyone over the scene, because my brain refuses to accept it as legite, and I get the feeling some 13 year wrote it who had forgotten much of the previous seasons (at least before season 6). Instead, I get mad at the writers--not for writing something I don't like, but for writing something so ridiculous that I can't even accept it on Buffy.

GraceK
GraceK
This is a good way of approaching it :)
DeepBlueJoy
DeepBlueJoy
I know, right! It is obscene. Incomprehensible

badsister

Angel's Avenger
When Buffy got thrown out of her house in season 7.

And that Dawn actually said something like 'it's my house too'...no it's not. you didn't even exist until S5 wtf
2GFXP.gif

Dora

Scooby
I think like two previous posters , Dawn's arrival makes no sense, and lead to a downturn I think in the general program......and everybody turning against Buffy and chucking her out of her home in S7 Giles , Willow and Dawn turning against Buffy for Faith WTF....of course it was there just to promote Spike/Spuffy

badsister

Angel's Avenger
Pregnant Darla absolutely blew my mind. That was WTF in the most awesome way.

I think I've seen it too many times now I guess haha. But it was epic and made no sense until S4(and even then...)
My friend had a wtf moment with season 2 final episode. I kinda told her yeah yeah angel gets his soul back. and afterwards she was yelling that i forgot to mention that he dies in the process... ah. sometimes i miss this kind of excitement. I'm so spoiled lmao

Fool for Buffy
Fool for Buffy
I'm the same way- but I was talking about the first time I watched

badsister

Angel's Avenger
@Fool for Buffy Guessed as much lmao. Just commenting. the first time I watched I already knew...Damn my snooping on wiki haha.

I think I had another one with Willow going dark. Even with all that was happening with her during S6 I didn't see that one coming

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
The only things that really stick out are Spike being the Doctor and Xander summoning Sweet. I can head-canon the first one pretty well even if it was badly foreshadowed and written. The second? Uh, no, Xander just wouldn't. The guy has his faults but messing with magic is a mistake he would not repeat.

Oh, also Buffy telling Giles that only Spike had her back. I mean, wtf? But that was season 7.

Dora

Scooby
The only things that really stick out are Spike being the Doctor and Xander summoning Sweet. I can head-canon the first one pretty well even if it was badly foreshadowed and written. The second? Uh, no, Xander just wouldn't. The guy has his faults but messing with magic is a mistake he would not repeat.

Oh, also Buffy telling Giles that only Spike had her back. I mean, wtf? But that was season 7.

Spike being the Doctor and Buffy not Knowing about the Eggs ? shows she did not go to Spikes that often and all clean up before SR.......that bit of Writing was possibly the worst.......... yep a WTF moment....also if Riley had orders to kill the Doctor why didn't he ?

Cheese Slices

A Bidet of Evil
Cordelia killing Lilah!

This ! How could they do this to my girl ?!

Also : the whole Spike is the doctor thing just makes no sense. Regardless of your opinion of him, it's just not logistically coherent : Buffy spends a lot of her time at his place, yet she doesn't notice him running an international demon trade business ? With the eggs at his place ? Also, the guy who doesn't have a phone and is pretty much cut off from the demon world manages to run an international business ?
It was one of the few instances of truly awful writing in the show.

GraceK
GraceK
He was holding them for a friend!!!!! :)
DeepBlueJoy
DeepBlueJoy
This! They destoyed her. Horrible. Still hurts. Angel the series ends w/ Cordelia's ascension. The doctor thing is idiotic!

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Spike as the Doctor
Dawn's existence (I agree the show took a downturn in order to accommodate her existence)
Spuffy happening (It became Spike's sole storyline and almost destroyed both characters)
Xander summoning Sweet
Giles abandoning Buffy
Buffy being kicked out of her own house by the potentials and her friends
Kennedy and the Killow relationship

SES SA

Potential
Coredlia to Doyle - "You're a lot smarted than you look. Of course you look like a retard"
Weird then, weird now.

Spike the doctor

Out of nowhere and forgotten 2 seconds later.

Angel letting Lilah get away with feeding him his son's blood...and then trying to steal him and letting her get away with that too.
Before (and after) Angel has killed humans who try and kill kids. But Lilah does not even get an Indian burn.

Angelus' portrayal in "The Girl in Question"
The guy has been a legit threat from day one, their best villain IMO and for one episode they decided to make him a joke at the end.

MarieVampSlayer
MarieVampSlayer
Unexpected good ones here!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
"The monks made Dawn out of Buffy's blood." Huh? Don't the writers know about genetics? How does 5'3" Buffy morph into 5'7" Dawn? I could believe a clone, but the only one in the main cast with an identical twin was Xander (whose twin brother played him in "The Replacement"). I could even believe sisters who can look different, but if you make a living human out of blood, you have to copy the DNA which would give you an identical twin. Buffy seemed all too ready to leave life behind on the flimsiest excuse that since Dawn was a portal, it could be closed by Buffy sacrificing herself. Made "Chosen" go from poignant drama to WTF in ten seconds.

Top Bottom