• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Boom! Buffy Predictions

fauxindigo

Scooby
I have yet to read the first issue but needless to say, I'm intrigued. From the comments here and reviews online, it sounds like this is an alternate universe of Buffy... like on Fringe where there are different versions of the same people in different universes. So with this potential premise, it seems almost anything could be possible. Let's bring on the predictions! They can be predictions or even wishes.

I love what they are doing with Robin Wood, making him a classmate of Buffys! I'm guessing the potential romance between Buffy & Robin in S7 will also be a potential in this, especially considering Robin is the son of slayer Nikki.. Spike is going to be a big villain for Robin. Maybe Robin will even avenge Nikki and kill Spike.

I'm also interested to see how the Mistress will play out as she is replacing the Master essentially, will she still somehow play into Buffy's death, Kendra's activation and/or subsequent death? Because even if we get more from Kendra in this series (I think the Mistress should sire Kendra, making another big bad), there's no way they won't bring in Faith.. I predict/wish that Faith will not go rogue in this 'verse, maybe even forming a love triangle between Buffy/Robin/Faith.

I predict that they will bring in Tara as a Sunnydale High Student.

And I certainly hope Larry is a more prominent gay male character in this series, because he was never really done justice as a character.

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
considering Robin is the son of slayer Nikki..
Has any of that been confirmed? If they do make him the son of a slayer I doubt Spike would have been the one to kill his mother. I just don't see that playing the same way at all.

W

WillowFromBuffy

Every character needs to have something in common with their original permutation, aside from the name (and skin colour). As Wood is no longer the principal, I guess we can safely assume that he is Nikki the vampire slayer's son and that Spike made him an orphan.

Spanky

Black Thorn
Every character needs to have something in common with their original permutation, aside from the name (and skin colour). As Wood is no longer the principal, I guess we can safely assume that he is Nikki the vampire slayer's son and that Spike made him an orphan.
Assumption is not knowing though is it? Hence my question has any of it been confirmed.

fauxindigo
fauxindigo
Probably not confirmed, this is just a prediction. and wish.

Spanky

Black Thorn
It is confirmed that he is now a student.
Yes. I know that. Eyeroll. It's still assumed he is the son of a slayer, that slayer was Nikki and she was killed by Spike though, correct? That's not been confirmed has it? They have changed everyone's backstory. I would assume he would be no different.

fauxindigo
fauxindigo
Well maybe they will keep that part of his character, being Nikki's son.
W

WillowFromBuffy

Yes. I know that. Eyeroll. It's still assumed he is the son of a slayer, that slayer was Nikki and she was killed by Spike though, correct? That's not been confirmed has it?
No, but somebody just posted a very convincing argument for why that is how it must be.

Spanky

Black Thorn
Oh. Well, if you consider that a convincing argument for why it "must be" then more power to you. I'll still stick with it's an assumption until I read otherwise.

fauxindigo
fauxindigo
Again, this is a prediction thread.

Angel6

Potential
I predict that Buffy will start dating Robin. They’ll be very in love in a Bangel-y way. Spike will vamp Robin, leading to an Angelus style big bad in Robin. Maybe they’ll find a way to curse him. They will have rolled Robin and Angel into one to put a new spin on it.

Spanky

Black Thorn
@fauxindigo IF they decide to make Wood an orphan, and if his parent was a slayer, and if they were killed by a vampire, I would assume - based off of what I know of the comics thus far - that Dru would have been the vampire to have killed his parent. That's why I was asking if any of what you said concerning Robin and Nikki had been confirmed, as I had only read the classmate part; the way it was written made it sound like it had been. I just wanted clarification on what was known and what we predicted.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I predict that Spike's "real" name is going to turn out to be Angel and the abomination that is the comic version of Sprusilla is merely a plot device for Buffy to rescue Spike from so the two of them can fall in love with each other because it will turn out that Spike has a soul.

I still can't believe the writers are going to crap on Sprusilla like they are.

fauxindigo
fauxindigo
abomination?!

Spanky

Black Thorn
I still can't believe the writers are going to crap on Sprusilla like they are.
I don't think it's crapping on Sprusilla as much as a role reversal from the TV show. Spike is Dru and Dru is Spike. Not saying that Dru will get a soul and fall in love with Buffy... well, you never know.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I don't think it's crapping on Sprusilla as much as a role reversal from the TV show. Spike is Dru and Dru is Spike. Not saying that Dru will get a soul and fall in love with Buffy... well, you never know.
It's not a role reversal. Neither Spike nor Dru were "domineering" of the other.

How can you go from this:

to this:

I mean, imagine how a poet's gonna get on with a domineering lady in his life. It's probably not going to be super great for Spike. I don't think he's gonna have a lot of agency. I don't think he's gonna have a lot of his own say or control of things. So that's sort of the relationship I'm interested to explore.

I think maybe originally he kind of pretended that he was a bit more equal than I think he actually felt comfortable. I think we're gonna lean into the fact that he's an outsider, even among outsiders, especially near Dru.
I think that her being a strong character and kind of being frightening, not because she's so unhinged because of what had happened to her in her history. I really wanted her to come off just completely like dominant, completely controlling, really frightening, just like The Master.
I don't want us to think, "Oh poor Dru." I want to kind of be like, "I don't want to be in the same room with her at all. She's horrifying."

The point with Dru is that she IS a tragic character. She was Angelus' masterpiece. He took an innocent, religious and chaste woman who wanted to be good and drove her into insanity before siring her so that her torment would last forever because death is "a mercy".

Sprusilla would've been the perfect couple to explore mental health issues with because the foundation is already there. Instead the writers decided to screw them over big time by taking their relationship and throwing it under a bus (probably in the name of Spuffy which will occur later in the series).

fauxindigo
fauxindigo
let's not underestimate Spike. Even with Drusilla in a more powerful role, that doesn't mean the writers will forsake Spike's rebellious nature.

Spanky

Black Thorn
Neither Spike nor Dru were "domineering" of the other.
No, but like the rest of it, they had to update it for 2019. The little nuances have been changed in all of the characters. It's a reboot.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
No, but like the rest of it, they had to update it for 2019.
And like I said, Spike and Dru would've been perfect to explore mental health issues and living with a person with mental health issues (which is a very prevalent issue today with an increased awareness of it and also providing easier access to mental health services).

There is no need to turn it into an abusive "domineering" relationship, they could've used Briley for that and showing how even "strong" women like Buffy can find themselves caught in that type of relationship.

Spuffy will become a thing in these comics, that is why they're screwing over Sprusilla.

Also whatever happened to Spike being Dru's "twisted" lover? Or are they trying to say that people caught in a controlling relationship are "twisted"? Because it sounds like the writers are taking away his swagger and making him a victim that Buffy needs to rescue.

Spanky
Spanky
I would not have wanted to explore (in a comic) what it was like living and killing with a person with mental health issues.
fauxindigo
fauxindigo
I think Dru will still be very much a twisted lover of Spikes.

Spanky

Black Thorn
There is no need to turn it into an abusive "domineering" relationship, they could've used Briley
What the hell did Briley ever do to you?!?! LOL

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
What the hell did Briley ever do to you?!?! LOL
Some of Riley's behaviour towards Buffy near the end of Season 4 and into Season 5 was concerning to say the least. It came from his insecurity but he displayed some controlling behaviour.

Spanky
Spanky
I never really saw it as domineering. Certainly nowhere near what Spike and Buffy was.

Primal Slayer

Did I Fall Asleep?
I'm worried what they will do to update Cordelia. She needs to remain Queen B, have a good IG following. Maybe they'll hook her and Willow up.

fauxindigo
fauxindigo
Cordy & Willow?.... well now that would be a bizarro world for sure.
Top Bottom