• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

BtVS Novel Suggestions

zombiegurl

Love me some Buffy!
Hey fellow Buffy fans,

Can anyone please recommend a few good Buffy novels that also have witty "Buffy-speak"?

I tried to read a few in the past, but the plots were too convoluted and as a fan, I want to read a novelization as if I’m watching an episode of the show. I love the witty banter between the characters the most. I just finished "Apocalypse Memories" and it was all right, but not very witty.

So can anyone please suggest a few books that they enjoyed reading in the Byffy-universe?

Or any fanfiction with good "Buffy-speak" where the characters seem true to the show?

Or any books that are similar to the Buffy series?

Sineya
Can't remember any of the books being particularly heavy on 'Buffyspeak', even the ones written by established Buffy show-writers......
Not sure why that is, as I know Joss didn't write all of the witty banter on the show......?

Even Fanfic (and I've read a lot of that) normally only has the occasional witty comment thrown in.

Don't know to be honest.......I'll have to think about that one......o_O

zombiegurl

Love me some Buffy!
I started reading the book THE LOST SLAYER (I bought it on Amazon) and it is really good and does have some "Buffy-speak," so thank you again for the recommendation!

I wish there were eBook versions available on Amazon or other online retailers. :(

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
I started reading the book THE LOST SLAYER (I bought it on Amazon) and it is really good and does have some "Buffy-speak," so thank you again for the recommendation!

I wish there were eBook versions available on Amazon or other online retailers. :(
The book really gets better and better!

Yeah, I know. You should order Tales of the Slayer vol 2 and join us in the book discussion!

zombiegurl

Love me some Buffy!
I would love to! Where is the book discussion?
You should order Tales of the Slayer vol 2 and join us in the book discussion!

I appreciate the recommendations and I bought a bunch of paperbacks from Amazon. But it would be so nice to have PDF or eBook versions to also read on my eReader. So does anyone know where I can find PDF or epub versions of any Buffy or Angel novels? Thanks!

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
I would love to! Where is the book discussion?

I appreciate the recommendations and I bought a bunch of paperbacks from Amazon. But it would be so nice to have PDF or eBook versions to also read on my eReader. So does anyone know where I can find PDF or epub versions of any Buffy or Angel novels? Thanks!
You could check amazon. They generally have the biggest collection of ebooks, but there are not a lot of them out there!

zombiegurl

Love me some Buffy!
You could check amazon. They generally have the biggest collection of ebooks, but there are not a lot of them out there!
I did. No Kindle editions. :( There are Kindle/Comic book versions for the following seasons. Anyone read season 8?

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
I did. No Kindle editions. :( There are Kindle/Comic book versions for the following seasons. Anyone read season 8?
Season 8 of the comics are in my opinion great (there are some reaally bad moments) but it is a much debated thing. I would recommend you to try and find out for yourself!

zombiegurl

Love me some Buffy!
Season 8 of the comics are in my opinion great (there are some reaally bad moments) but it is a much debated thing. I would recommend you to try and find out for yourself!
I do have one of the books, but I can't really get into it. I am not really interested in the comic book versions. I wish it was in novel format instead.

If it is not against the rules, does anyone know where I can find other versions of any Buffy or Angel novels? I am not interested in the comic book versions. Only the novels in any eReader type format. Or please send me a private PM. I like the paperback versions I own, but would still like a few to read on other devices. Thanks!

zombiegurl

Love me some Buffy!
Oh, man. I hate to bad mouth another writer, but the novelizations of the episodes are just painful to read. I get that they were written 15 years ago and the writing styles are outdated, but it reads as if the writers didn't even try to make them compelling. :(

zombiegurl

Love me some Buffy!
Does anyone know where I might read a copy Joss Whedon's original screenplay for the movie, Buffy, the Vampire slayer?

I only found one online it is the version that the directors rewrote. I'd really love to read Joss's intended version.

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
Does anyone know where I might read a copy Joss Whedon's original screenplay for the movie, Buffy, the Vampire slayer?

I only found one online it is the version that the directors rewrote. I'd really love to read Joss's intended version.
I don't think he ever released that due to the rights belonging to Fox. Your best bet might be some old Buffy forums that are no longer active, but it would be a long shot.

Top Bottom