• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

BtVS Season 12: #4 Covers

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
Here are the covers for the conclusion of Buffy Season 12:

tumblr_pachmaFZEM1ttwla3o3_500.jpg

tumblr_pachmaFZEM1ttwla3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_pachmaFZEM1ttwla3o2_500.jpg

SOURCE: buffythecomicslayer

Taake
Taake
All the likes for these covers. Great art

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
All of the covers so far, for reference:

Issue #1:
TQ5wF9g.png

Issue #2:

wnlP8es.png

Issue #3:

dAiv7zg.png

Mylie

Scooby
They look great!

Angel in the first one reminds me of his vision in After the Fall, which worries me a bit.

The 2nd one is definitely meant to give the impression that Buffy is putting the slayer days behind her.

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
The 2nd one is definitely meant to give the impression that Buffy is putting the slayer days behind her.

I'm pretty sure that's the main cover. It looks like Stephanie Hans to me. I think the top one is the ultravariant by Steve Morris. And the last one is definitely Jeanty's variant cover. (It's too late to edit or I'd reorder them.)

The Ferg

Scooby
These covers are just amazing. I'll be getting the main cover, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to get that beautiful Jeanty cover. I'll miss Rebekah Isaacs, but with the help of Dan Jackson and Karl Story, Jeanty is blowing my mind here.

Did you guys notice how the ultravariants are utilizing cover artists from throughout the series?
1. Karl Moline- Fray
2. Phil Noto- Season 9
3. Scott Fischer- Angel S10-11, High School Years
4. Steve Morris- AS9, BS10-11

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
Here are the covers for the conclusion of Buffy Season 12:

tumblr_pachmaFZEM1ttwla3o3_500.jpg

SOURCE: buffythecomicslayer

All these covers are rad, I especially like this one… except Giles, lol. Is it just me or does he look like he is in the middle of a transformation from Young Giles to Old Giles?

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Yes, I thought he looked more like old Giles in that one too.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I do love that first one; damn, they're all there looking a bit effed up.

Angel's sword looks like a fancy falchion or cutlass.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Angel's sword looks like a fancy falchion or cutlass.

In #3 his sword is broken and in #4 his sword is bent. I’m thinking at this point it’s probably symbolic don’t you? And I’m not liking the symbolism....

The other thing I was thinking is perhaps there is a barrier or force field between the portals/dimensions and that’s why Angel and Willow and them are greyed out and the sword is bent up against that barrier?

Blah - I don’t like the group cover. It gives me anxiety.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
In #3 his sword is broken and in #4 his sword is bent. I’m thinking at this point it’s probably symbolic don’t you? And I’m not liking the symbolism....

Not sure, it looks deliberately forged to me, not broken, the angle is too 'fake' to be broken I think, and the central forge point seems to follow the blade around to the 'tip'.
There are actually plenty of blades/weapons that have deliberate angles like that- both in real life and fictional.

So...don't worry too much about the symbolism. :)

That's why I like it! Drama, stakes, the possibility of something dramatic that was completely absent from Buffy/Angel S11.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Not sure, it looks deliberately forged to me, not broken, the angle is too 'fake' to be broken I think, and the central forge point seems to follow the blade around to the 'tip'.
There are actually plenty of blades/weapons that have deliberate angles like that- both in real life and fictional.

Yeah that’s what my husband said when I showed him the cover. He proceeded to show me a sword from LOR that was used by the evil Orc army (Uruk hai? Idk how to spell that). Which I reminded him was not in fact real... lol. But maybe y’all are right!

TriBel

Scooby

The other thing I was thinking is perhaps there is a barrier or force field between the portals/dimensions and that’s why Angel and Willow and them are greyed out and the sword is bent up against that barrier?

Re: one of your other posts - Uruk-hai. It's quite interesting to read what Treebeard says about them and then compare it to what's said in S8 by Dawn to the "Forest Souls". I agree - it looks as though there's two different planes of existence.

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
I keep staring at the solo Buffy cover. It's so pretty. I love the way the scythe's handle looks like a rocket to space.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
The last demon coming out of the portal in the third one reminds me of the demon coming out of the Hellmouth in Prophecy Girl

badsister

Angel's Avenger
I really like the third one, but at the same time I hope it's Melaka who kills Harth...

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I've been thinking about this and... the more I think about it the more I think... Angel is going to die. If the broken sword /bent sword thing means anything I think it's that he dies. Fray loses Harth and Buffy loses Angel. The symmetry works. (Harth and Fray are connected as are Buffy and Angel - see Twilight arc).

Angel's death would be a way to close the book on his story and close a big chapter on Buffy's story. It would actually be kinda perfect. And it's what I said I wanted. So I'm making the prediction: Angel dies in #4.

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
We now have a summary for issue #4: "Buffy, Fray, the Scoobies, and the Slayers are in an epic battle against Harth, and his army of baddies. His attempt to steal the power of the Slayers has brought Buffy and her crew to the turning point that they have been trying desperately to avoid. With all other options spent, it is only Buffy and her sacrifice that can save the world…"

Source

Top Bottom