• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy Addict Not-so-Anonymous!

AmberMissy

Buffy obsessed, but new here...
Whedonverse: We changed the world. I can feel them. All over. Buffy addicts are awakening everywhere.
Me: We'll have to find them.
Also Me: We will.

OK - so I'm a self-confessed Buffy addict. I've got to be careful, because I'm autistic, and Buffy / Buffyverse is one of my special interests, so I have to curb my obsession to my budget, and that can be a challenge sometimes. :p

I've got a lovely collection of Buffy-stuff, but haven't really got anywhere to display them (yet) so I'm currently looking into converting our cellar so that I can have it as my geek room! :D :D :D

I've watched Buffy since it first came out (yes, that makes me old, but I don't care!) :D

I still usually watch Buffy and Angel (and Dollhouse and Firefly) all the way through at least once a year - though often two or three times (sometimes I'll give Angel a miss, sometimes I'll watch it all after Buffy, sometimes, I'll faff between the PS and DVD player, and watch them in chronological order!) :p

I'm a massive fan of spreadsheets, so I've got one for all my autographs, trading cards, books, action figures and comics, so I can track which ones I've got, which ones I still need / want, and which ones are pretty much impossible to get. Following the "Tell me about your Buffy collection" thread, and I've just realised that I probably should make a list of everything, just in-case the worst happens and the house goes up in flames and I don't have a list for insurance purposes. I've got a binder that has over 50 autographs in, so that alone is worth over £1,000 (especially as some are quite rare!) though priceless for me!!! :p

I live in Leeds, UK, with my 6 cats, and two tortoises (Xander and Willow), and my partner (who is not a Buffy fan! :'( ).

I am trying to host a meetup once a month going forward for local peeps to get together and watch some Buffy (especially as some of my friends have never seen it before). I also host a vegan meetup once a month, and an ecobrick workshop once a month too! <3

It's been a long time since I've really used forums so it might take me a while to get used to them, but I'm here, and hopefully going to be more active in the future. :)

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Welcome, have you been to UK events to get autos or bought things presigned?

Also what's an ecobrick workshop?

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Welcome to the boards! Don't worry about being old because I was the program manager at a company building cockpit displays for aircraft when Buffy came out, so there are some of us old crocs around. I have the Buffy and Angel DVD sets but not much else. I sympathize with you having a partner who is not into Buffy - my wife refers to her as "bimbo Buffy".

As fan forums go, this one is quite civilized although the Spuffy vs. Bangel debate is always simmering in the background and sometimes boils over into the foreground but I am not much of a shipper so it doesn't bother me. One thing you will notice is that there are a lot of intelligent people on this forum and there is no "probation", and no "dues to pay" - jump right in and post, seniority means nothing here and some of our most recent members are also the most articulate.

Kratos

Potential
Welcome. Spike and Giles are two of my favourite characters as well.

Interesting to hear that you own cats and tortoises. I love cats, though I haven’t owned one in years, as it’s easy to get too attached to them imo.

I never heard of Buffy or Angel until 2002 (I was 15 at the time) when I saw episodes of both shows on tv3 Ireland. Didn’t really became a Buffyverse fan until 2009 when I started watching Buffy and Angel on Syfy UK. It’s still one of my fav franchises along with TMNT.

I don’t use Internet forums much myself, but you should get the hang of this website in time.

AmberMissy

Welcome, have you been to UK events to get autos or bought things presigned?

Also what's an ecobrick workshop?
Most things are presigned - I'm not able to travel very far by myself due to various disabilities, and none of my friends are big enough Buffy fans to want to go to something like that! :'(

As for ecobricks: https://ecobricks.org
I've found a lot of people save up the plastic to make ecobricks but never actually sit down to put the plastic INTO the bricks, so it's a place where people can get together, make bricks together, and have a natter, cuppa and a bit of motivation! :D

nightshade
nightshade
interesting thanks

AmberMissy

Welcome to the boards! Don't worry about being old because I was the program manager at a company building cockpit displays for aircraft when Buffy came out, so there are some of us old crocs around. I have the Buffy and Angel DVD sets but not much else. I sympathize with you having a partner who is not into Buffy - my wife refers to her as "bimbo Buffy".

As fan forums go, this one is quite civilized although the Spuffy vs. Bangel debate is always simmering in the background and sometimes boils over into the foreground but I am not much of a shipper so it doesn't bother me. One thing you will notice is that there are a lot of intelligent people on this forum and there is no "probation", and no "dues to pay" - jump right in and post, seniority means nothing here and some of our most recent members are also the most articulate.
I will admit that I am impressed and amazed at the number of younger people in here - there are loads who weren't really around when Buffy aired, so I'm loving that they love my favourite show enough to get on somewhere like this! :D

Black Thorn
I will admit that I am impressed and amazed at the number of younger people in here - there are loads who weren't really around when Buffy aired, so I'm loving that they love my favourite show enough to get on somewhere like this! :D
I wasn't alive when Buffy first aired... I only really watched it because I got back into vampire fiction again after I read Salem's Lot and my Uncle used to talk about Buffy a lot. I am so glad that this forum exists.

AmberMissy

Interesting to hear that you own cats and tortoises. I love cats, though I haven’t owned one in years, as it’s easy to get too attached to them imo.
I definitely get too attached to them - but I couldn't live without them either - I have had several others in my time and when one of them passed a few years ago, it broke me - literally cried for over a week (he was only a year old and I'd hand-reared him from 3 weeks) - but I'm still glad I had them in my life because even though the memories are bittersweet, they still make my life worth it, and, because they're all rescues in one way or another, so I KNOW that I have also made their life better than it would have been! <3

The tortoises are both rescue babies, and I'm happy that the names Xander and Willow will hopefully continue for at least another 70 years! :D

Nix

Evil Nix 😈 Unicorn of Death!
Sineya
Hey there, welcome to the land of BB... sounds like you'll fit right in :)

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
@AmberMissy,
many greets and welcome to these hallowed halls, sad to hear you don't have many big Buffy fans, what about any who are not overweight Buffy fans? I have an autograph that I've been offered 2500 euro's for, and when I've saved up the money to buy my own autograph I will.
I find it odd that you would consider yourself as old when you are a young 38.

Do you have a good sense of humour .. .. maybe I should have asked you that at the start.

AmberMissy
AmberMissy
Lol! I have a pretty good sense of humour, though only when jokes punch-upwards, and not down (so it's OK to joke about rich white men (massively privileged), but not joke about those who are already oppressed (eg. homeless, LGBTQIA+, women, etc).

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Hello there! Welcome to the Boards :)

I'm one of the old crocs who watched Buffy as it aired first time on UK TV too.

That's one of the things I love about these Boards, we've got members of all ages from 12 to 60+. All fans of a TV show that ended 20 years ago......Pretty powerful reminder of how great that show was/is!

Top Bottom