• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy and Angel dreams in Amends

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
So I decided to watch Amends for Christmas and I noticed something interesting. I know that Buffy's dreams are meant to be somewhat prophetic, but in this episode the Bringers are sort of controlling her dream interactions with Angel. In Graduation Day Angel bites Buffy and it's suppose to be a sexual metaphor. In one of the dreams in Amends, Buffy and Angel are having sex and then he bites her. I'm just curious as to whether or not this dream is a meant to foreshadow Angel having to bite her in Graduation Day in order to save himself. What do you all think?

Amends does really feel like a backdoor pilot for the Angel show, it's very important for Angel's character. I do like Amends a lot. I'm just curious as to how it plays in the greater context of both Buffy and Angel as shows. Any thoughts?

Wild At Heart

the moon lights his way
This is one of my all time favorite episodes. I definitely think it could be foreshadowing events to come. And I also agree that is it a very episode for Angel, leading up to his own show. We get to see a deeper perspective of his guilt & pain for what he has done in his past & Buffy's speech to him is one of my all time favorite scenes. She made him see that it's possible to make amends & to work towards redemption.

Dora

Scooby
Another master piece from SMG , Whedon said it was about a alcoholic friend of his , but know knowing what he was up to I wonder if it was really about him instead ?

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
It's episode 0 of Ats as far as I'm concerned.

But I think to the question of foreshadowing, I think Amends showcases Angel's greatest fear, that his human weakness will unleash his monster and that this will end up hurting Buffy. And while the GD scenario is substantially different, in that Angel is basically delusional and dying when Buffy prompts him to drink, I feel strongly that all Angel sees is how he hurt Buffy. (Xander doesn't help in the hospital). He still sees that he hurt/bite Buffy. If there was even a tiny seed of hesitation on his leaving Sunnydale, the bite in GD seals the deal because it's an actualization of Angel's greatest nightmare.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Foreshadowing perhaps but I took the dream to be just a side effect of The First spell and not a literal prophecy, or perhaps Buffy's prophetic dreams were warning her of The First's intent for Angel.

Top Bottom