• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy and Ben...

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
Honestly... I strongly disliked basically every man Buffy dated - weren't they just all like... Not good enough?

I liked Angel the most - I like Spike season five onwards but I never thought of them as a serious thing.

Sometimes I really wish Buffy was the one who came out as being interested in women and dated Tara, instead of Willow. I know this may sound crazy to some, but just think of that beautiful chemistry we saw in season six with Gellar and Benson - it makes my heart warm.

Also agree with what some others have said - Buffy had fabulous chemistry with Principal Wood. And yeah I didn't like Ben...
Tara and Buffy would have been very good for and to each other. I don't see lesbian or bi Buffy, but if i did i like this pairing a lot. I hate Buffy romantically with Willow and don't care for her with Faith - both pairings I have seen quite a bit. Tara needed to be emotionally defended and Buffy needed acceptance and both were honest, honorable straight shooters who would protect each other's hearts. They could do much worse!

Gellar and Benson played really well together.

forbuss

Witch
Sineya
Tara and Buffy would have been very good for and to each other. I don't see lesbian or bi Buffy, but if i did i like this pairing a lot. I hate Buffy romantically with Willow and don't care for her with Faith - both pairings I have seen quite a bit. Tara needed to be emotionally defended and Buffy needed acceptance and both were honest, honorable straight shooters who would protect each other's hearts. They could do much worse!

I agree with you. And hey - Buffy didn't need to identify as gay or bi or anything - maybe she just found this one woman interesting, caring and beautiful. We saw seven seasons worth of Buffy dating (all things considered) pretty awful men. I don't think any of these dudes really understood her - Tara understood her much better. Sometimes I think Tara and Buffy saw each other more clearly than any other characters on the show.

But I agree - Buffy with Faith or Willow would have been AWFUL. But honestly, the only person I thought Buffy would have been good with the entire series is Tara. I think their on screen connection (particularly in season six) was the strongest chemistry we saw from Buffy - at least a chemistry that could have worked out (dear Buffy, stop dating vampires).

I also think that Buffy and Billy Fordham (Jason Behr) had great chemistry. Obviously he was dying and also sortof messed up... But I liked them together, at least in the alternate Buffyverse in my head.

Priceless

Scooby
As for men in the Buffyverse that i really would have liked Buffy with? My number one is Graham Miller. He always seemed less neurotic and way hotter than Riley Whitebread.
Graham is cute, no doubt, but he didn't seem to have much of a personality and he was very into being a regular soldier and I'm not sure he'd give that up for Buffy.

Faded90

Potential
Graham is cute, no doubt, but he didn't seem to have much of a personality and he was very into being a regular soldier and I'm not sure he'd give that up for Buffy.
Agreed. I couldn’t imagine Buffy seeing someone who says ‘negative’ instead of of just saying no. The constantly jargon even when speaking to his friends I found beyond irritating

Myheadsgonenumb

Potential
Graham was a sweetie, she could have done worse than him ... oh wait, she did!

I wonder if, maybe when it came to men, film Buffy got lucky and so T.V Buffy was doomed to have nothing quite as good. I mean - Oliver Pike is the man, he knows she's the slayer, he respects it, he's willing to help out but doesn't want to take over, he can fix cars and plays the guitar AND he looks like Luke Perry. Surely he is a rare diamond that cannot be replicated and so T.V Buffy gets ... Riley and a couple of inappropriately aged vampires.

tarasamber

Townie

Yes, I agree with this

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Well, SMG was the it girl in 1998 for a reason, and it wasn't just because both "Time of Your Life" and "Unhappily Ever After" got cancelled.

Nix

🤪
Sineya
I liked Ben too. There was so much more potential there to expand his character and give him a love interest/relationship.

Top Bottom