• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy-Boards 1st Annual FANtastic Championship Tournament

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Listen up, sports fans: March Madness has come to Buffy Boards! But it's not basketball we're watching, it's the characters of the Whedonverse battling it out for supremacy!

Who, what, where

We start with 64 characters - 16 characters from each Whedonverse show (Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse and Firefly) and those 64 are seeded into brackets for a FANtastic Matchup.

For each match-up you vote on which character is better for that particular show only. For instance: Angel, BTVS is voting only for the Angel character as seen on Buffy The Vampire Slayer and not from his appearances in his own show, whereas Harmony, ATS is voting only for Harmony as seen on Angel the Series and nothing from the Buffy show.

At the end of the six-week tournament, and based upon your voting in each of the match-ups, a Buffy-Boards FANtastic Champion will be crowned.

How
We took each show's lead and made them an automatic #1 seed. So Buffy, Angel, Echo and Mal automatically received a #1 ranking within their respective division. We then selected the next 15 characters based off of IMDB's rankings for most appearances.

Once we created the field of 64 it was time to seed them. Starting with the lowest appearances we began to seed the field in a round robin format going from #15 to the #2 seed, in a North, East, South,and West selection process.

Each round of polls will be open for one week only, and you will not be able to change your vote or see the results until the round is over in order to negate any peer pressure.

Here is the bracket - watch this forum for the polls!

Athena

Has anyone seen my human vessel?
Staff member
Black Thorn
Hmmm can't vote for Dollhouse people, but this is a great idea! Love it :D

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Great idea but one problem . I have to pick from in some cases between two people I like equally well.

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
Gutted there's no Gwen Raiden! But she really didn't have that many appearances compared to others.

Spanky
Spanky
Dont worry.. that will be rectified at a later date

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Reading through the matches and I've realised that it's been a while since I've seen Firefly and especially Dollhouse. I always thought the story was the star in Dollhouse so I reckon the majority of those characters will be first out the door. My voting will almost certainly be weighted in favour of Buffy characters.

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
March madness is the best time of the year!

North and East are stacked.....this is going to be fun.

:D

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Not really big on watching basketball. Less so college. So not really into march madness. IMHO - Willow is the best Whedonverse character regardless of whatever happens today.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Such a good idea! Can't wait to see who wins :)
Yeah see knowing this board it may go to more of a neich character such as Faith or River;) It should be out of Willow, Buffy, Giles, Spike and Wesley IMO. But having a great time watching it unfold.

Should do one of these for Buffy and Angel episodes too.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I don't know.. I mean favorite characters are hard to quantify. My favorite characters werent even on the list.

GwenRaiden
GwenRaiden
Some of mine too.
Top Bottom