• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Buffy Boards' Big Brother

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
BB does Big Brother.

We've been thinking about this for a while now, and we thought, before we go any futher with the planning and the discussing, we'd better get some thoughts from you guys.

So, would you be interested in having a Big Brother-style contest here on BB?

We have no real plans set in stone for this, so any and all comments will be taken on board.

P
Perny
Sounds intersting..
J

JenniferAlice

Big Brother how? Like George Orwell style? You're gonna be watching us?

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Or we all meet someplace for the summer?!?!?! Oh this could be interesting

(wait, is that big brother or the real world?)

Blondie Bear

Zydrate Addict
I don't watch the TV show. I'd need more information before I'd decide whether to participate. But I'm all for giving it a shot; should be interesting.

xaphania

Spike/Buffy
I think it would be great.

The HP forum I admin has run a couple of Big Brother events in the past, and they've always gone down well, and were lots of fun.

It's a concept that can work well in a forum environment.

Washburne

Protector of the key.
Black Thorn
So, would you be interested in having a Big Brother-style contest here on BB?

We have no real plans set in stone for this, so any and all comments will be taken on board.

Would we be interested in something you don´t have any real plans for? Hmm. Big brother to me is a bunch of people getting locked into a house and having a crazy time. Would I want to be locked in with a bunch of you crazies? Nope. Not unless I can chose what crazies to be locked in with. Would I watch some of you locked into a house? Most probably yes. But is that really what you´re after? I´m not watching big brother so a little more info wouldn´t hurt.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
how does it work.. I am very confused! it's not real life?? HELP! I am such an idiot sometimes..

Washburne

Protector of the key.
Black Thorn
I am very confused! it's not real life?? HELP!

Nah, don´t ruin my illusion. I want them to get members from all other the world, lock them into the same house for a month and broadcast it over the net. That´s not gonna happen? :bawling:

As said, a little more info from those who seem to have a little knowledge about this wouldn´t hurt.

D
DrusillaRox
lol! You're idea sounds interesting. it could be streamed through YouTube. lol

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Nah, don´t ruin my illusion. I want them to get members from all other the world, lock them into the same house for a month and broadcast it over the net. That´s not gonna happen? :bawling:

I would be game! I got extra rooms and a few cots. I do fart at night so I hope no one minds that! it can be rather bad sometimes.. but others it smells of peaches and cream!

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
Would we be interested in something you don´t have any real plans for? Hmm. Big brother to me is a bunch of people getting locked into a house and having a crazy time. Would I want to be locked in with a buch of you crazies? Nope. Not unless I can chose what crazies to be locked in with. Would I watch some of you locked into a house? Most probably yes. But is that really what you´re after? I´m not watching big brother so a little more info wouldn´t hurt.

We have SOME plans figured out, what I meant to say was the plans for duration/contestants/tasks have yet to be sorted.

Basically, the idea is this:

There will be a seperate fourm/s created for the 'contestants', where they will be 'locked in' for the duration of Big Brother. They will only have access to these forums, and only the contestants and 'Big Brother' will be able to post in those forums, however, the rest of the board will be able to view those forums, and see what's going on.

The contestants, like the TV show, will be isolated from the rest of the boards. They will be given tasks to complete, where the winners will be awarded certain things, like a message from a friend from the outside, or immunity from eviction.

There will be evictions, and the contestants will have to nominate who they want to be put up for eviction. The viewers, i.e, the rest of the Boards, will then vote for who they want to be evicted. That contestant will then be removed from the house and returned to the rest of the boards.

The overall winner will win house points, and possibly a little something extra.

Washburne
Washburne
Thanks! I knew you had somethng. It´s just that some of us are totally clueless...
C
Chase Summers
Sounds like fun
D
DrusillaRox
that sounds awsome

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
YOU PEOPLE SO F'IN RAWK!!! you amaze me with the creative ideas you have!
i would so do that!! Oh my! yes I would! I would love to be the guinea pig

(but you would have to leave the art thread open for when the art classes start to access that)

J

JenniferAlice

I'm up for that! Sounds like a laugh, also, I have no life.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
(but you would have to leave the art thread open for when the art classes start to access that)

There will possibly be a temporary hiatus from the tutorials, as this isn't going to be a long term thing. Either that, or the contestants will be able to get their submissions to the tutor involved.

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
This sounds like a fun kind of mental torture, I love it.:biggrin:

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
Will there only be one 'housemate' from each dorm?

We haven't definite numbers yet be we were looking at maybe 3 contestants per dorm. Nothing is set in stone though yet, that could change.

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Does that mean you might set it in stone?

Tueuse de Vampires

Love will tear us apart..
I would totally like to sign up for that :D

But if it's for housepoints, wouldn't equal amounts of people from each house have to participate?

Kean
Kean
Yup...no matter what the numbers it will be equal from each house

Mrs Lovett

♥ Tim Burton Groupie ♥
Yes, I'd be up for that. On another Buffy Forum I go on, we actually do this every year. I usually host it, so it would be interesting actually playing the game, rather than host it :D Count me in!!!

Top Bottom