• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy-boards - Newsletter - Issue 38, September/October 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn

Welcome dear BBers, here is the latest hot issue of the BB Newsletter - it's a double one too! So what's new around here? Keep on reading... Are you new to BB and reading the newsletter for the very first time? If you are, its good to have you! This here newsletter is here to keep all of you informed about what's going on at BB with the board itself, as well as helping you get to know some of your new board mates!

If you enjoyed the read, which we know you will, then please pop on over to our Newsletter Feedback thread and tell us what you thought and see the Buffy Boards News Archive for all the past issues if you'd like to have a catch up!

New Members​
On behalf of all our staff and members, we would like to extend another huge "˜Welcome!' to all those who have joined our community since our last issue. It's really great to have you and we're hope you're getting comfy settling in!

For those of you who may still be feeling a little overwhelmed, there a few things that can help you out. First, be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) which provides you with lots of information about our rules, as well as giving you a helping hand if you run into any problems.

After browsing through that, there are a few other useful stops you may wish to check out:

*Bad Eggs: We all need a little help from time to time, so who best to help you than your very own personal guide to BB? Get yourself adopted by an existing member and they will show you the ropes, answer any questions and generally take care of you as you settle in. Pop into the forum Bad Eggs and start a thread asking for someone to adopt you and someone will snap you up!

*The Sorting Tome: Pay a visit to the great and mysterious Sorting Tome and get sorted into one of our Dormitories! Once the Tome has posted of your fate, you will find yourself given access to a new part of the forum for you and your fellow dorm mates. It's a great way to meet members and get to know them in a smaller, cosier part of the board.

*Angel Investigations: If you still find yourself with unanswered questions after reading through the FAQ, then this is your next stop. Have a browse through the forum and see if other people have already asked your question and find your answer and if you still need to know something then start a thread in Angel Investigations and we will answer it ASAP.
Please also remember that we have a Confidential Member Concerns Area that you can post in if you would like to keep your enquiry private. Only you and the Board Staff will be able to view it.

Newbie interview:

This month our newbie interview is with Kenimowy; mother of two Buffy fan extraordinaire! Surely you've seen her posts already but here's a chance for you all to get more familiar with this great Merrickan!

Kenimowy said:
1.Hey there Kenimowy! How did you find BB? And what were your first thoughts about it?
I found BB because I was searching for a place that had other fans of Buffy that I could call home. A place to share my passion with others that also had that same passion. A Place that people would "get it". I checked out a few places, but once I found BB I knew it was the spot for me! Unlike so many other forums, there is no drama here! I see a lot of varied opinions on things and everyone can express those opinions freely. Which is fantastic! BB is full of some of the best personalities, most definitely!

2. Where can you usually be found hanging out? (e.g which forum/s do you frequent most?)
Well I don't think I have one place I frequent more so than the others. I check out all new posts daily and kind of go from there. However, I do love to play the games so I will specifically visit there from time to time!

3. Do you have a favorite character from the Buffyverse?
Hard question! I love them all for so many reasons. Even the characters I dislike, I still love them, they are what makes the Buffyverse go 'round! But if I had to pick one, it would be Buffy. She is my idol, my hero, my role model, all of that!

4. Have you watched both Angel and Buffy and if you have which do you prefer?
I have seen them both, and it is kind of funny. When I watch Buffy, it is the best show on earth. When I watch Angel, it is the best show on earth lol. I cycle these two shows over and over. Usually when I get done with a full run of Buffy, it is Angel's turn, and vice versa. But ultimately, I think the winner of this question is Buffy.

5. Speaking of...If you could change one thing from any episode of BtVS what it would be?
I would change the actor they used to play Dracula. That is the only time I have ever watched an episode and wondered what they were thinking when the picked that guy to play the ultimate Vampire! We just talked about this in BB not too long ago!

6. So aside from television watching, what's an average day like in the life of Kenimowy?
I have two small children that I am absolutely, positively devoted to. I spend the majority of my time with them.
I do work part time from home, and when I am not working, cooking dinner for my family, or spending time with my husband, I try to take some "me" time by either BB'n, watching Buffy, reading, or playing a game from time to time. Oh yes, and I am going back to college in the spring!

Board News

Fear itself Competition

https://www.buffy-boards.com/showthread.php?p=1069045#post1069045
Time for a Halloween contest. This is open to anyone who is part of a dorm, so if you want to take part and you're not in a dorm then you need to be sorted first.

What I want is a piece of work, so can be art, writing, video, anything you want, based on how the characters were afraid in the episode Fear Itself.

There is house points up for grabs, 150 for first place, 100 for second and 50 for third.

Goodluck and I can't wait to see what you come up with.

:: vampire
go here to see the poll:
https://www.buffy-boards.com/showthread.php?t=60122

Episode discussions!
You don't want to miss this! We know you have a topic you're just dying to get the people talking about. Don't miss the opportunity to lead a discussion here on the boards, go here to see what it's all about
Both shows can be pretty direct with the messages they're trying to convey, and they are two of the best I've seen at it. My question is, which do you think is more effective?

For me, even though Buffy is my favorite character from, well, any show ever, I think Angel gets it right the most. Right from the S1 opener "City of..." you know exactly what the show is about and what it means. The journeys of all the characters are meaningful and impactful. Every season without exception feels like it has something important to say, while at the same time not being overbearing or preachy. That's when T.V. is at it's best I think. The only time it went a little sideways was during S4 and the whole Jasmine arc.

In particular, the messages that come across in Angel S1, S2 and S5 are pretty cool. They've made a pretty big impact on my life.[/QUOTE]

October:
Wild at Heart in "Who should Darla be with?"
[url]https://www.buffy-boards.com/showthread.php?p=1073123#post1073123

I always saw Darla as a strong, independent woman or should I say female vampire? I don't really think she needs to be with anyone. Obviouly her & Angel would never truly be together. Unless a new awesome character was created for her that challenged her, I'd rather see her on her own.

Member Recognition
As always, as we draw to a close it's time to reveal those of you that the staff have chosen to recognise this month.

For our new readers, this is the part of the newsletter, where we take the time to acknowledge those members of BB who have shown respect to their fellow members, helped to keep a friendly environment and generally consistently had an awesome attitude around the board. So, congratulations to:

SEPTEMBER
New Member of the Month :

[MENTION=12127]Kenimowy[/MENTION]

Member of the Month:

[MENTION=10438]JCoatsworth[/MENTION]

OCTOBER
New member of the month:

[MENTION=12155]iShower4free[/MENTION]

Member of the month:

[MENTION=1603]Evil[/MENTION]Angelus95

Congratulations and thank you to you all for being such great members of the community! Keep up your fantastic attitudes! We've hope you've enjoyed reading and don't forget to check out how you can help out on the Boards in the coming months now when the holidays are upon us! :)

Until the next issue, be safe, take care of yourselves and happy posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom