• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy-Boards Newsletter - Issue 39 - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn

Season's greetings dear BBers, here is the latest hot issue of the BB Newsletter and all the goings on, so what's new around here? Keep on reading...

Are you new to BB and reading the newsletter for the very first time? If you are, its good to have you! This here newsletter is here to keep all of you informed about what’s going on at BB with the board itself, as well as helping you get to know some of your new board mates! If you enjoyed the read, which we know you will, then please pop on over to our Newsletter Feedback thread and tell us what you thought and see the Buffy Boards News Archive for all the past issues if you’d like to have a catch up!​

New Members​

On behalf of all our staff and members, we would like to extend another huge ‘Welcome!’ to all those who have joined our community since our last issue. It’s really great to have you and we’re hope you’re getting comfy settling in!

For those of you who may still be feeling a little overwhelmed, there a few things that can help you out. First, be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) which provides you with lots of information about our rules, as well as giving you a helping hand if you run into any problems.

After browsing through that, there are a few other useful stops you may wish to check out:

*Bad Eggs: We all need a little help from time to time, so who best to help you than your very own personal guide to BB? Get yourself adopted by an existing member and they will show you the ropes, answer any questions and generally take care of you as you settle in. Pop into the forum Bad Eggs and start a thread asking for someone to adopt you and someone will snap you up!

*The Sorting Tome: Pay a visit to the great and mysterious Sorting Tome and get sorted into one of our Dormitories! Once the Tome has posted of your fate, you will find yourself given access to a new part of the forum for you and your fellow dorm mates. It’s a great way to meet members and get to know them in a smaller, cosier part of the board.

*Angel Investigations: If you still find yourself with unanswered questions after reading through the FAQ, then this is your next stop. Have a browse through the forum and see if other people have already asked your question and find your answer and if you still need to know something then start a thread in Angel Investigations and we will answer it ASAP.
Please also remember that we have a Confidential Member Concerns Area that you can post in if you would like to keep your enquiry private. Only you and the Board Staff will be able to view it.

Board News

Buffy Boards is sizzling... with competitions...
we are currently awaiting the results from our *BUFFY BOARDS BAKE OFF where you dear Bbers were asked to created something Whedonverse related in the same of baked goods! Stay tuned to see what your fellow members came up with!

https://www.buffy-boards.com/showthread.php?t=60347

*Buffy Boards CHARITY CALENDAR... you can still participate; here are the details....

We are launching a new competition here on the boards that I hope you will all get involved in. We like to raise money for charity and it has been decided that this year we wish to create a calendar and sell it in the store. All the proceeds from the sale will be donated to the scholarship favoured to Andy Hallett and one that was close to his heart, the The Jason A Fedele Memorial Scholarship.

So how can you take part?

We are looking for original submissions to form the image portion for the monthly calendar. All art must be original, for copyright reasons you cannot use images from the shows or actors. You can however submit scans of drawings/paintings/poetry and even pictures of models you have made. We are not restricting the entries to digital art only so if you fancy creating some famous Buffy scenes using lego and sending us a good quality picture to use then that will count.

We want you to be as creative as possible! If you are not particularly creative then you can still take part by buying the calendar when it is available to sell!

We were hoping to get this calendar published for the new year starting but given the time constraints we are facing that isn't going to be possible so we are aiming for January.

If you want to be in for a chance then get creating and send them to myself by either uploading it and sending a PM or emailing it to me.

Entries must be in by 23rd December so our judging panel can get cracking. The panel will be made up of staff and selected members.
https://www.buffy-boards.com/showthread.php?p=1078185#post1078185

*THE BUFFY BOARDS STORE
This is usually where we tell you not to forget that the BB store is still around for all that pretty swag you need year round but it brings great pleasure to add that there are new designs in the shop curtesy of our very own HisMrs! Hurry on and check them out and get your very own BB Christmas tree ornament! You don't want to miss it! :)

MEMBER NEWS:
Have you got any news you want to share? Please let me, Taake, know in a pm and it will be featured in the newsletter!

SHINE A LIGHT:

*EW hearts the Whedonverse! Or something like it... what else can you say when Joss Whedon is announced as one of the entertainers of the year! And hilarious (and plucky) sidekick Nathan Fillion beats off the competion and combs home the award of ”Most entertaining tweeter” of the year!
read more
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20430932_20652073,00.html#21247722
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/11/29/entertainers-of-the-year-2012-results/2/

*SMG and hubby Freddie Prinze Jr have named their second child and first son – Rocky James. Hit or miss? What do you think... share your thoughts here at BB.

*The Saint + Eliza Dushku = true

Eliza Dushku is rumoured to be connected to the new Roger Moore produced re-make of The Saint! Exciting news!
New to The Saint? It was a mystery spy thriller television series (ran 62-69) with lead role ( and literary character from the 1920's) Simon Templar, played by Roger Moore who has now taken on the role as a producer to this new effort. ST (abbreviation for saint or Simon Templar) is a suave and sophisiticated adventurer detective nicknamed The Saint and the character is said to have been Moore's training ground for his later work as James Bond. Sound interesting no?

*Alyson Hannigan and Seth Green are up for a reunion!

SG will be guest starring on Hannigan's show ”How I met your mother”, here's what he had to say about it;

”We were really conscious of Buffy*fans’ attention on our reunion, so we both posted some pictures on Twitter.*I’m so grateful for that experience: It was one of the best characters I’ve ever gotten to play, and an awesome cast to work with. Plus I got to speak all of the Joss Whedon’s, Jane Espenson’s, Drew Goddard’s, David Greenwalt’s awesome words ”
(source: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/12/13/s...istmas-alyson-hannigan-how-i-met-your-mother/)

MORE NEWS...
*Summer Glau in ”Help for the Holidays”
check out the on set video of the Hallmark movie that stars Summer Glau as a beautiful and kind hearted elf intent on Christmas miracles! http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/helpfortheholidays/video/OnLocation/HelpfortheHolidays

*Tahmoh Penikett (Paul Ballard of Dollhouse) can be seen guest staring on the show ”Arrow”

*Merlin may not be returning for a season 6 but Anthony Stewart Head is not wasting any time, he is working with none other than Neil Gaiman creating an adaption of Neverwhere for BBC Radio where ASH plays Mr Croup!

**​

Don't know what to get a Buffy fan for Christmas?
Buffy – The making of a Slayer might just do the trick! This new book supposedly spans a retrospective of the show in honor of it's 15th anniversary. Includes rare photos and a foreword by Amber Benson!
Nancy Holder says: Buffy, The Making of a Slayer is a retrospective of the show as Buffy celebrates its fifteenth anniversary. With Making, we really wanted to emphasize the importance of Buffy as an artistic endeavor that changed the face of not just television, but the popular culture landscape as well. We also wanted to pay tribute to this landmark in the development of Joss’s creative process. This book is as much an homage to him as it is to Buffy.

Read more:
http://www.whedonopolis.com/a-new-buffy-book-just-in-time-for-the-holidays/

...Let's send a thought to the family of Franco Urru who has passed away. The Angel and Spike artist who worked with Brian Lynch on the various IDW book .

Quote of the Month
There must be hundreds upon thousands of posts made every month (maybe even every day) here on BB discussing anything you could care to imagine, and more! Each month, some posts jump out amongst the others, for being particularly well written or thought provoking, and here are our picks from the last couple of months:

Evil Angelus 95 in ”Who were you rooting for? Dark Willow vs Buffy”
https://www.buffy-boards.com[SIZE="1"]/showthread.php?p=1078329#post1078329[/SIZE]

Buffy.

To me, the Willow that we saw that was consumed by Dark Magick was not our Willow. To me, its something similar to how Angel and Angelus are two different parts of the same person. The ying and yang if you will.
Did Warren deserve what Dark Willow did to him? Hell yes, I was rooting for her to do that. Did Jonathan and Andrew deserve Willow's wrath as well? No, they were completely innocent of what Warren did. He acted alone, no-one but himself told him to take the gun to Buffy's house and open fire. Dark Willow didn't seem to realize that, and so I think that she did need to be stopped.

Member Recognition
As always, as we draw to a close it's time to reveal those of you that the staff have chosen to recognise this month.

For our new readers, this is the part of the newsletter, where we take the time to acknowledge those members of BB who have shown respect to their fellow members, helped to keep a friendly environment and generally consistently had an awesome attitude around the board. So, congratulations to:

NOVEMBER
New Member of the Month :
[MENTION=12205]TotallySpiked[/MENTION]

Member of the Month:
[MENTION=10728]Abbeycat[/MENTION]

Congratulations and thank you to you all for being such great members of the community! Keep up your fantastic attitudes! We've hope you've enjoyed reading and don't forget to check out how you can help out on the Boards in the coming months!

Until the next issue, be safe, take care of yourselves and happy posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom