• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy-Boards Newsletter - issue 50 - August 2015

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
August: 2015​

Welcome to the new issue of the Buffy-Boards Newsletter, to start here are some handy tips for those of you how are new to the boards... Potentials look here!

New to BB - these are the places to go! Check In; is where you introduce yourself (now don't be shy, we know you want to and we want to know!), Bad Eggs; is where you find guidance ... we all need a little help from time to time, so who best to help you than your very own personal guide to BB? Get yourself adopted by an existing member and they will show you the ropes, answer any questions and generally take care of you as you settle in. Pop into the forum Bad Eggs and start a thread asking for someone to adopt you and someone will snap you up!

Last but not least Angel Investigations - is where we help the helpless! If you still find yourself with unanswered questions after reading through the FAQ, then this is your next stop. Have a browse through the forum and see if other people have already asked your question and find your answer and if you still need to know something then start a thread in Angel Investigations and we will answer it ASAP.

Please also remember that we have a Confidential Member Concerns Area that you can post in if you would like to keep your enquiry private. Only you and the Board Staff will be able to view it.

Please be sure to read the FAQ before you post. https://www.buffy-boards.com/help/

Much Ado About Buffy Boards

BANNERS and AVATARS

A reminder of what sizes your signatures are allowed to be;

*Signatures should be no more than 200 pixels high x 700 pixels wide total, with no single banner being larger than 150 pixels high x 500 pixels wide, whether image sliced or not, and should include no more than 8 lines of text.

One small (150 high x 200 wide pixels max) animated banner is allowed per person. If your banner causes other members’ scrollbars to ‘jump’ or in any other way messes up board functions, you will be asked to remove it.

I.e. anything animated needs to be no more than 200px wide, please keep this in mind when you pick your signature.

*Avatars: All member avatars MUST RELATE TO THE BOARD THEME (Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse, Dr. Horrible). (Off topic custom avatars may only be used by board staff. It is a 'perk' for the work they do.)

Quotes – Multiquotes – Quotations; BB tips and tricks

Quote - Clicking on this one will add the post in question to the Multi-quote. You can add multiple posts in this way. When you are ready to insert your quotes into your reply, click on "Insert Quotes" down below the box where you type your post. A box will pop up that will let you order and/or remove your selected quotes.

Reply - Clicking on the Reply link will quote just that one post and put it in the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the thread. This behaves like the "Quote" button from the old board.

Save Quotation - This link will save the post to the Random Quote list that is displayed in the sidebar on the main page.

You can also select parts of a post to quote rather than the whole thing by highlighting the bit you want to quote; a tooltip will come up which will allow you to click on Quote to add to the Multi-quote, or Reply to reply to just that one quote.

FIREFLY RE-WATCH
begins Sunday 8/23!

For specific times visit
https://buffy-boards.com/threads/firefly-rewatch-starts-sunday-8-23.65163/#post-1151812
join us then or whenever else you want!

You can’t take the sky from us…

Keeping up with the WHEDONVERSE; What’s going on with the cast?

Joss Whedon is enjoying his down time, he looks pretty relaxed and happy as he joined Drew Goddard and Andy Weir for beers!

You can now see Moreena Baccarin in Deadpool

And soon Eliza Dushku on Banshee

And hopefully Charisma Carpenter in “Girl in the Woods”

Enver Gjokaj is teaming up with Joss Whedon’s brother Zack in the movie “Come and Find Me”.

And Sarah Michelle Gellar can be seen in Proactiv+’s infomercials!

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...outs-with-the-help-of-proactiv-300043226.html

you can also sign up for a weekly SMG newsletter here http://sarahmgellar.cznd.co/

The Buffy-Boards guide to Whedonverse Girls on Twitter
part 1

Whedonverse Trivia

*In an interview with Howard Stern, future husband of Sarah Michelle Gellar – Freddie Prinze Jr – said that she earned more money for a two year deal with Maybelline, then she did for seven seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

*In the movie version of “The Jane Austen Bookclub”; Marc Blucas plays the role of Dean. Dean is, in the book, funnily enough and avid fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and watches it weekly with his mother-in-law.

*Denofgeek.com listed 25 films of movies that “will haunt you with only one viewing” it was topped by “Life is beautiful” and “Earthlings”, but Whedon’s “Cabin in the Woods” made it onto slot number 15!

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/hau...ms-which-will-haunt-you-with-only-one-viewing

*BtVS – the show you can’t stop thinking about

By Manuel Betancourt

https://vimeo.com/bmanuel/buffy

Something to file under “fans who think too much”… or do you guys think there’s something to the Buffyverse and doors? :)

Board Trivia:

Back in January 2012 BB had a special “Be Nice On The Internet Week”

We talked about online negativity, posting and netiquette and lots of other things. We also had themed competition and great discussions and topic to improve mood and spirit, but just because the week is over it doesn't meant we can't keep the spirit alive! Remember to be nice on the internet whatever year or month it is :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/BrittD379/buffy/benicebar2.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/BrittD379/buffy/benice7.png

Art by @HisMrs

Member Recognition:

This month we sat down for a cuppa and blooming onion with member @GwenRaiden to ask them some questions about the show;

BB: If you could guest star in any Buffy or Angel episode – which episode would you choose?
GR: Redefinition (AtS). I thought long and hard about this and all the big episodes came to mind first, not only from Angel but Buffy too. Once More With Feeling, Smile Time, Tabula Rasa and Graduation all had appeal, but then I thought about who I'd like to spend time with and in what situation. I liked the dynamic of Angel Investigations when it was just Cordelia, Wes and Gunn - I would have liked to spend time with them at Caritas, get drunk and sing karaoke. That seemed like a fun time and something I would do with friends in real life.

BB: If you could sit down with one character and give them advice which character would that be and what would you say?
GR: Probably Jonathan. I'd tell him there's nothing about high school that makes killing yourself worth it, and that he matters. I'd tell him to be cautious as to who he chooses to spend time with, because even people who share all the same interests as you can still be intrinsically different to you.

BB: Who is the most underrated minor character in your opinion?
GR: I think my username gives this one away. Gwen Raiden was unapologetically underused. There was so much that could have and should have happened with her character. I liked her personality, she didn't seem overly cynical even though she was pushed away by her parents, if anything her harsh childhood gave her an edge, an incentive to survive and make her powers work for her. I think Gwen would have suited the all new dynamic of Angel Investigations
working at Wolfram & Hart in season 5 too - she could have become part of the team and even Angel's love interest, or opposingly, she could have felt untrustworthy towards them and become an enemy, up until the final battle against the senior partner's hell on earth. So many possibilities.

BB: What is it about Buffy that has you ‘coming back’?
GR: Places like this, Buffy-Boards. You gain a whole new perspective on the show(s), their characters, the plot and the history from reading threads on here, that you itch to go back and watch again. There are so many intelligent, switched-on people on the board who really make you reconsider practically everything about Joss Whedon's work, good or bad, but if it weren't for places like Buffy-Boards I highly doubt I'd have that itch to rewatch the shows so much.

BB: What is your favorite pizza topping?

GR: Pepperoni and pineapple. Yep, I'm one of those weirdos who likes fruit and meat on the top of their pizza. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!

And with that we say thank you to this Gwen-loving, fruity meat-head ;) It was great to hear your thoughts!

Member awardWHY WE FIGHT
Members who receive the WWF Award have shown nothing but respect for their fellow members this past month; demonstrating politeness around the boards as well as a consideration for others' opinions.
And the Why We Fight recipient this month is;​

@Samuel Reyes

Congratulations!

Quote of the Month

@bespangeled in “How Fred killed Wesley Wyndam Pryce”

Maybe. But what could Fred have done? I suspect she would have simply pooh-poohed it, but even if she believed it Fred was not a good liar. Telling her would have been putting her at risk, and he wasn't willing to do that. He knew Angelus would go for Connor, and that would draw him away from Fred and Gunn. If that happened she could get away.

Confronting Angel had the same problems, and worse. Why would Angelus admit he was there. He could just play the Angel Card, and then target Wesley. Cordelia had grown up on a hellmouth, and she knew Angelus. The risk to her would have been the same as the risk to Wesley, but Cordy would have been the missing piece. She would have understood how serious this was, and they could have come up with some sort of plan. Even if it meant taking Connor,Cordy was too smart to trust Holtz. No throat cutting and no hell dimension.

I thought Wesley was in watcher mode - he was taking the child away from Holtz as much as Angel. What he did wasn't right, but I have a different opinion of why he chooses the course he did. Just like with Connor, he didn't tell them that Connor had sunk Angel because they couldn't have handled an angry Connor.

The rest is excellent - I truly enjoyed it. But it annoys me when people say Wesley should have talked to someone. I don't see that he anyone to talk to.

https://buffy-boards.com/threads/how-fred-killed-wesley-wyndam-pryce.65124/

FEATURED FANART:

Stop by @Lyri 's artthread to admire some breath taking icons when you have the chance

https://buffy-boards.com/threads/lyris-art.60943/page-8

Blast from the Past:
Everybody is missed and posting boards rule! Yay!

That was it for this time but we'll be back soon and until then – Keep Calm and Buffy Board!

Last edited by a moderator:
Spanky
Spanky
Twice as many men then woman... I would not have thought that initially.
GwenRaiden
GwenRaiden
I liked the video!
Blaze
Blaze
Awesome, as always!

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
@Mr. Pole Twice as many men then woman... I would not have thought that initially.

What do you mean? The twitter thing? Cause this was just part one of the ladies

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
@Mr. Pole Twice as many men then woman... I would not have thought that initially.
What do you mean? The twitter thing? Cause this was just part one of the ladies
Yeah, the Twitter thing. But I thought the guys were part 1 as well.. no matter. I just like reading their titles and bio and wanted more.

Taake
Taake
Yeah, I did forget some guys. Too many actors not enough strenght ;)

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
I always love reading those! Awesome job! It is much appreciated :)

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Awesome newsletter. A really fun read as always.
I already follow 'The Sweetheart' and 'Miss Psycho Pep squad' on twitter- you sum them up very nicely. :)

@GwenRaiden: I'm also a meat and fruit combo guy! You are not alone. ;)

Top Bottom