• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy-Boards Newsletter - issue 62 - May 2017

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn

Newsletter May 2017

There’s No Place Like Plrtz Glrb

Welcome to the Buffy Boards Newsletter! Grab some popcorn, take a seat, and enjoy…

… and Potentials look here!

New to BB - these are the places to go! Check In; is where you introduce yourself (now don't be shy, we know you want to and we want to know!), Bad Eggs; is where you find guidance ... we all need a little help from time to time, so who best to help you than your very own personal guide to BB? Last but not least Angel Investigations - is where we help the helpless! If you still find yourself with unanswered questions after reading through the FAQ, then this is your next stop. Have a browse through the forum and see if other people have already asked your question and find your answer and if you still need to know something then start a thread in Angel Investigations and we will answer it ASAP.

Please also remember that we have a Confidential Member Concerns Area that you can post in if you would like to keep your enquiry private. Only you and the Board Staff will be able to view it.

Please be sure to read the FAQ before you post. Help | Buffy-Boards

The Magic Box – What’s going on at the Boards?

The Scooby Spotlight is returning! By popular request! Sign up today for your chance to be bombarded with questions :D

New Weekly Feature: Getting to Know You (Scooby Spotlight)

Firefly re-watch!

BB Firefly Rewatch

First she brought you Dollhouse, now the simply re-watch crazy @Athena steers the ship of Serenity! Starting June 10th there will be an official re-watch of Firefly & Serenity, one episode each week, to savor and enjoy the greatness of space cowboys!

Bookclub

The book club is up and running, @Foxy is running this show, so keep your eyes open for a new short Buffy story every week, and get your hands on a copy of Tales of the Slayer vol2 if you want to join in!

Currently reading: Ghosts of Slayers Past Week 5 - The Ghosts of Slayers Past by Scott Allie

New podcast! You had one job, Phil! Listen to us struggle to redeem the worst episodes of Buffy (according to the BB) “Gone” and “Get it done”… it can be found on iTunes or any other podcast app! Keep your eyes open for the next podcast, it will be a very special one...

...or subscribe to us in iTunes or any other podcast app. PBasically, please, rate, subscribe and review... not necessarily in that order :)

What's going on in the Whedonverse?
*Looper put SMG on the top of their list of actors whose careers were ruined by great tv-shows, do you agree?

*Article a Look Back: James Marsters tells the Observer about Spike's worst moment

Look Back on ‘Buffy’: Actor James Marsters on Spike’s Worst Moment

*Kristen Bell (aka Veronica Mars) nominated SMG as a motherlover, and the motherlover SMG in return nominated old kissing buddy Selma Blair
http://instagr.am/p/BT6gAJTjL25/ http://instagr.am/p/BT9MIhRjvRi/

*Remember when The Guild was all shiny and new? You might be starting to look a little worn around the eyes if you do... :D

*Need some Fillion in your life? Catch Nathan in Cars 3, an episode of Netflix's The Santa Clarita Diet and as Mark Devereaux on Brooklyn Nine-Nine

http://instagr.am/p/BVLFiDogH_7/

*If the summer is looking long and dull and you need something to binge watch, check out Gwen Raiden (Alexa Davalos) in The Man in the High Castle!

*Emma Caulfield reacted to hatred in the best way a human can with a, - how can I help?

*And last but not least, Eliza Dushku fell victim to a celebrity death hoax, apparently rumors of her death spread around the internet on June 9th, but they were unfounded. Eliza is alive and well! She recently took a trip with her family.

http://instagr.am/p/BU8OTpODhu3/

Summer is upon us, so I asked a few fellow members what they are looking forwards to this summer

Thanks for the question!

I'm mostly looking forward to being after my finals, but since I have to actually DO my finals to be done with them, the summer seems kinda dreadful and terrifying at the moment...

Fortunately, the entertainment gods have a lot of distractions prepared for the summer:

1) 'Thor Ragnarok' - This. Movie. Looks. Awesome! I've never REALLY loved any of the Thor films, but this one seems like it will be a huge party, while also beingg very dramatic, and director Taika Waititi is absolutely brilliant. I'm getting 'Iron Man 3' vibes from this one, and 'Iron Man 3' is one of my favorite MCU films, so, I'm excited as hell! Also - Evil Galadriel. PERFECTION.

2) 'The Defenders' - So yeah, 'Iron Fist' pretty much sucked, and 'Luke Cage' faltered in its second half, and 'Daredevil' was always too Batman-y/Angel-y for my taste... But goddammit, 'Jessica Jones' is still my favorite MCU story ever, and I'm gonna get to see Jessica here again! Also, the idea of 4 TV shows that get combined into one team-up show is just completely fascinating to me, and I love 3 out of the 4 protagonists, and Sigourney Weaver is awesome.

3) Season 7 of 'Game of Thrones' - season 5 was a pretty big letdown, and season 6 wasn't perfect either, but that last finale was MINDBLOWING and BEAUTIFUL, and it seems like the series is really building toward its last climax. SO many pieces fell into place at the end of season 6, and it just FEELS like this next season will be epic. Mostly, though, I just want a love triangle between Jaime, Brienne, and Tormund. That will be hilarious.

4) 'Spiderman: Homecoming' - I was never a big Spiderman fan, and I didn't REALLY love any of the previous Spiderman films, but Tom Holland was fantastically charismatic in 'Civil War', so maybe this film will finally make me understand why people love this character so much. Also, Tony Stark is my favorite superhero, and I love his dynamic with Spiderman, so I'm very excited to at least see him in this. The ending of 'Civil War' left Tony in such a fascinating place, psychologically, and I can't wait to see how he's coping with everything that went down there.

5) 'Justice League' - I hated all of the previous movies in this franchise (still haven't watched 'Wonder Woman', though), and Zack Snyder is one of my least favorite directors, but this movie is now directed by Joss, and, well... As Joss goes, so goes my nation. So let's be hopeful. It has Khal Drogo!

Man, I really need to watch more non-superhero stuff...
No such thing as too much superhero stuff, right?

What I`m looking for the summer. Is my trip to down south with my family. I'm very happy.
This Summer I am looking forward to my friend visiting from New York and looking forward to doing something fun and cultural for my birthday.

But let’s not forget that it’s not summer everywhere, winter lurks for our Aussie friends

This winter I am looking forward to a nice warm fireplace, multiple doonas and crisp clear mornings to garden in. Im looking forward to winter veggies and big meals, nightcaps and long nights.

If I find the energy I will go hiking looking for snow. I now live in the only place in the state that is falls sometimes. Big change from the heat! I wont swap you for summer.

Where's Buffy?

Last newsletter I posted this - How many Buffies (or SMGs) can you find in this picture? Leave your answer below! – and completely forgot to give you guys the answers! Well here they are! Better late than never?

[/CENTER]

Better late than never, in April, member @Anyanka Bunny Killer got some Buffy stars to give the Buffy Boards a shout out! Clare Kramer, Amber Benson, and Kristy Swanson all sent us a tweet! Check it out in this thread! Who would you wish to get a tweet from?
Shout outs to BB from Whedonverse actors, etc

Member Quotes

@Athene Why was Anya willingly allowed into the gang despite having a larger body count than Angelus/Spike?

I honestly don't know and it bothers me how nobody really blinks an eye about it on the show, her murder count is treated as a joke, but with other characters it's serious and they must be punished for it

Let's not forget that Anya CHOSE to be a demon and therefore a killer (not even for a good reason), and is given no punishment at all.

@Anyanka Bunny Killer in the same thread

I never believed the whole thing about Anya not understanding "human ways." Not for one second do I buy that...she'd been around for thousands of years, and interacted with countless people during that time, so if anything, she'd be an expert in human behaviour. And she was was quite intelligent, as displayed in her conversation about the Russian revolution.

Anya relished doling out vengeance. It was her drug. If the wronged woman's wish wasn't brutal enough, Anya would get creative.

Art of the Month

Check out @WillowFromBuffy 's awesome tribute video

My Buffy tribute video

Blast from the Past

Giles and Anya, the love we never got to see! Missed opportunity or what?

Ta-ta for now and leave your comments below!

Most of the art of this newsletter was made by the talented @GwenRaiden whose help is invaluable!​

W
WillowFromBuffy
Thanks for the shout-out <3
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Good job!

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
Love the new issue!

Big LOL at @Guy trying to avoid stressful events with the excitement of new TV shows starting soon. That's exactly what I'm doing. I SHOULD beginning packing to move, but can I leave the TV til last?!

Athena
Athena
Preach, sister!

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
I didn't know you made a rewatch gif you sneaky hobbitses! I'm going to steal it (my precious!) :p

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Great newsletter, im a bit late to the party, thanks for the effort! Always a nice read. And I love the Anya and Giles pic!

Stoney

Spiked!
Really enjoyed this and the JM interview was one I hadn't seen, so big thanks for that. :)

Top Bottom