1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy-Boards Newsletter - issue 63 - June/July/August 2017

Discussion in 'BB News Archive' started by Taake, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Taake

Taake Bella Staff Member

Black Thorn
    [​IMG]

There’s No Place Like Plrtz Glrb

Welcome to the Buffy Boards Newsletter! Grab some popcorn, take a seat, and enjoy…

… and Potentials look here!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

New to BB - these are the places to go! Check In; is where you introduce yourself (now don't be shy, we know you want to and we want to know!), Bad Eggs; is where you find guidance ... we all need a little help from time to time, so who best to help you than your very own personal guide to BB? Last but not least Angel Investigations - is where we help the helpless! If you still find yourself with unanswered questions after reading through the FAQ, then this is your next stop. Have a browse through the forum and see if other people have already asked your question and find your answer and if you still need to know something then start a thread in Angel Investigations and we will answer it ASAP.

Please also remember that we have a Confidential Member Concerns Area that you can post in if you would like to keep your enquiry private. Only you and the Board Staff will be able to view it.

Please be sure to read the FAQ before you post. Help | Buffy-Boards

[​IMG]

Firefly re-watch
    Is drawing to a close! Tune in and watch “Objects in Space” with us!
    BB Firefly Rewatch

Scooby Spotlight
    Is back baby! Sign up here New Weekly Feature: Getting to Know You (Scooby Spotlight)

Book & Fanfic clubs
    Do you not get enough Spuffy in your life? Do you love fanfic but lack people to talk to about it? Have no fear, go into the Spuffy fan forum and join in on a fanfic discussion! Discussing Fanfic - Otherwise by Sigyn

[​IMG]
    Podcast Episode 14 is out! Genuinely! Listen to us talk spin-offs that never were – from Ripper, Faith and Spike to Slayer School. Listen, then tell us what you thought here Once More, with Podcast Episode 14: Spike the Faith School Ripper: The Animated Series

[​IMG]

*As I’m sure many of you know James Marsters compared Buffy to Star Trek in a recent article, if you haven’t read it already, check it out!

Whatever your job is, you hope to do something that matters and lasts. Being a “Star Trek” fan, I was on the set of “Buffy” telling the cast we could be the new “Star Trek." I was aware that in a science fiction or fantasy series, if you can create a world that is interesting to the audience, even after they’ve memorized the dialogue and they know how the plot plays out - if that’s still a world they want to come back to, they will keep coming back. As I was watching "Buffy," I noticed there’s this sparkle or interestingness. I used to say that if you can find some way to make something interesting, terrifying or funny to happen every 30 seconds, then you have a successful television series. If you can do it every 15 seconds you’ve got a hit, and if you can do it every four seconds you’ve really got something going on. And I was noticing that "Buffy" was doing it every four seconds, like clockwork. And if we become the new "Star Trek" then I claim Spock. Spock Spike, Spike Spock - either way.

James Marsters explains why 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' is this generation's 'Star Trek'

*Do you wake up sometimes and think “there’s not enough Julie Benz in my life?” well, no worries, go check out “That one audition” podcast to hear Ms. Benz speak of her experiences!

*Speaking ofpodcasts, Sarah Michelle Gellar will appear on the No Limits podcast with Rebecca Jarvis

*With The Gifted – Fox, Oct 2nd - Amy Acker will be back on the small screens!

*David Boreanaz is also returning to the screen this fall with CBS’ SEAL Team

SEAL TEAM Video - SEAL TEAM - First Look

*SMG also went Chocolate shopping in Peru

Sarah Michelle (@SarahMGellar) | Twitter
    and dared her favorite Buffy nerds to share some old headshots

Tom Lenk (@tomlenk) | Twitter

James Marsters and Nick Brendon also joined in on the fun!

*Eliza Dushku is working on a movie called “Mapplethorpe” and recently got engaged

*Wales comic con (December) features a few familiar faces GUESTS – Official – Wales Comic Con

*Alan Tudyk’s Con man is now available in the UK

*Joss Whedon was outed as a cheater by ex-wife Kai Cole which caused quite a stir, he was also given an official credit for his work on the Justice League

Joss Whedon Is a 'Hypocrite Preaching Feminist Ideals,' Ex-Wife Kai Cole Says (Guest Blog)

Joss Whedon Gets Justice League Writing Credit

*Whedonesque shut down, but will live on in the Twitterverse

[​IMG]

Quote of the month

@HelloIAmHawt Ripper the series

@white avenger in Was Riley set up to fail?

Art of the month

Check out @Puppet art! Sharing my own banner art
    [​IMG]

Blast from the past
    A couple of years ago Nathan Fillion appeared on the show “Dinner at Tiffani’s”, Julie Benz also appeared in one of the show’s lunch specials.

Ta-ta for now!
    [​IMG]
    And a big thank you to @GwenRaiden for the stunning art made for this newsletter!

GwenRaiden: Great newsletter! Lots of bits I've missed or haven't read before!
    Puppet: Wow, art of the month in my first month, awesome, thanks! :D
    Blaze: Awesome as always! I love that pic of Danny
  2. GwenRaiden

GwenRaiden AKA Apology Girl

Black Thorn
    Danny Strong's headshot omg, awww. He is the cutest.

I'm kinda looking forward to The Gifted. As much as it is centred around the teenage kids, Amy will most likely be the star.

3. Taake

Taake Bella Staff Member

Black Thorn
    I knooow, he's such a cutie.
    I hadn't heard about The Gifted until I saw the trailer, if it sails across the pond on some streaming service I'll definitely check it out, if only for Amy :)

4. Athena

Athena Belinda Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Great job lovelies!

I too am very excited for The Gifted, 'cause mutants, but Amy Acker does bring a touch of class to proceedings ;)

5. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    Yay the newsletter is back! Awesome! Did not know about the podcasts for Julie and Sarah, that's cool. Love Danny Strong's throwback photo! SMG just put up a pic of her and him to promote his new movie that he directed, forgot the name of it. Not really interested in The Gifted but will only give it a try because I love Amy Acker!

6. VisionGirl

VisionGirl Newly Human

Sineya
    Can anyone tell me where I can find the big discussion thread on the Kai Cole letter? I know I saw it last week but I can't find it now and search isn't helping. I really need to read and discuss. Thanks!

GwenRaiden: It's been closed now but it's here: http://buffy-boards.com/threads/whedons-ex-wife-outs-joss-as-cheater-who-had-secret-affairs-on-btvs-set-preaches-feminist-ideals.70755/
  7. GwenRaiden

GwenRaiden AKA Apology Girl

Black Thorn
    The original thread has since been closed but there were a couple of follow-up discussions here and here.

VisionGirl: Thanks so much!