• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy Book Club?

nightshade

Hidden away in a cupboard under the stairs
Staff member
Black Thorn
Does anyone want to read a Buffy book with me, so we can discuss it as we go? Or we can read it then discuss it after?

It's been a while since I've read a buffy book, and would love to get back into reading them with a few others.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
I'd be up for something like that, but I've literally just started The Maze Runner series, so I won't be able to take part for a few weeks.

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
Maze Runner is good, I'm on the second book now.
Buffy Summers
Buffy Summers
Ditto first book was great :)

Vigeous

I've been thinking about the world...
I'd be interested. I've been looking at a bunch of books (as in novels) lately. I've been wanting to read something as close to canon as possible. I've been looking at those novels containing a bunch of Buffy stories in one volume (total of 3 volumes).

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I'd be interested! I'd participate where I could, I have a fair few buffy books and would love to be on the hunt for new good ones.

Robb Stark

King in the North
Sineya
I'd like that. I haven't read a novel in a long time, so it would be a nice change of pace. When were you thinking?

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Is there any particular book that anyone wants to read? Or something that you don't want to read?

Vigeous

I've been thinking about the world...
I've recently ordered this book (and the other two volumes as well). It's an option but I'm open to other books as well if anyone would prefer something different.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
I'd prefer one of the 'big' novels, rather than one of the filler novels.

Something like The Lost Slayer, Monster Island, The Book of Fours, Endangered Species, The Unseen Trilogy, or Go Ask Malice. All great, great books.

But as long as I have the book and we stay far, far, FAR away from Queen of the Slayers, I'll read anything.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya

Something like The Lost Slayer, Monster Island, The Book of Fours, Endangered Species, The Unseen Trilogy, or Go Ask Malice. All great, great books.

But as long as I have the book and we stay far, far, FAR away from Queen of the Slayers, I'll read anything.
I've read 'The Lost Slayer' and 'Go Ask Malice' (both of which I've really enjoyed), but why is 'Queen Of The Slayer' considered bad?

I haven't read it but I heard that, up until the comics, it was supposedly canon because it was written by...Marti Noxin (?) and dealt with Buffy in Rome and The Immortal and all that stuff.
Just curious. :)

Also another one that's thought highly of an is 'sorta canon' is 'Dark Congress' set post- S7. :)

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
Queen of the Slayers was written by Nancy Holder and is widely considered to be one of the worst BtVS novels ever produced. At least by the people I know.

Yes, it's set in Rome. Yes, the Immortal is in it. But that is where the similarities end. It was written before the comics, so it's actually Buffy dating the Immortal, and I won't spoil it, but PM me if you want to know, but the ending is one of the biggest cop outs and biggest pieces of fan service to ever have the audacity to be published. It's like a bad fanfic writer was suddenly given a book deal and wanted to please everyone at the same time and not piss anyone off by choosing one side or the other.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
I know I've read The Lost Slayer and Book of Fours, I'll have to have a hunt to see if I still have them.

christina

The Slayer
Sineya
Does anyone want to read a Buffy book with me, so we can discuss it as we go? Or we can read it then discuss it after?

It's been a while since I've read a buffy book, and would love to get back into reading them with a few others.
I Love that Idea and would love to be a part of the book club for Buffy :)

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

I Have all of them books you just wrote to there and I'm up for any on your list since I have them all aswell! Go ask Malica was amazing to have a story about Faith and her childhood so I'm down for that and all the other ones you listed:)

Sineya
I know this thread is really old but does anyone fancy resurrecting it? Maybe reading dark congress?

Sineya
Sorry, was away for a couple of days. I have wisdom of war that I still haven't read. It is season 5 set. Are you guys up for that? And when would you be able to start?