• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy Characters Zodiac

Meliza

Scooby

(art by Daniella Urdinlaiz DANIELLA URDINLAIZ)
Lets have a conversation about the Zodiac for the characters of the show. Pick for both the main and minor characters, however many you want to do, state the reasons, and reply to others choices. Remember to post your own listicle for the characters, by adding your own opinion, by the end we will have a broad survey of the popular consensus for the all characters. Its fine to only contribute "I agree" too. Make as many posts as you decide for more characters and feel free to revise your opinion with others input.

Buffy is a Capricorn/Aquarius cusp: And Capricorn is a symbol of responsibility, the hardest working zodiac, I can see the "With great power comes great responsibility" motif, the weight of the world on her shoulders. A part of her personality wants traditional life, but then within Buffy's personality, there is Aqaurius, symbolizing "The Rebel" "The individualist" and "True Humanitarian" The normal life is the last thing a Aquarius wants. This manifest in Buffy's choice of relationships and as the most unorthodox slayer. Its the broadest concern for humanity in tension with personal relationships. Its desire for a normality and as a rebel from council. Its full filing Capricorn duty and the Aqaurius greater good.

By all means add what you think in Buffy's personality is pro or con Capricorn (or speculate a moon & rising that explains discrepancies)

Last edited by a moderator:

AnthonyCordova

Earth Invasion Taskforce Unlimited
Sineya
I don't really know zodiacs well except what I've been told about my own. I am a Sagittarius-Capricorn Cusp (I was born December 21st). From what I understand, Angel might possibly fit under this dual sign. Particularly because a.) prophecy/determinism is a feature of this dual sign, b.) I've been told people with this cusp status are strong-willed and intense, and c.) loyalties mean a great deal and are a top priority to people under this cusp as well. I can say that I think I share with Angel these personality features.

Meliza

Scooby
You don't know a ton about zodiac signs? I know some and I didn't know that about Sag-Cap! thanks for explaining. Its fan theory no wrong answer, I know most people think astrology is major bunk but as archetypes they are suited for fictional characters and can even be a writing aid.

That is interesting because I did not have the first clue for Angel. I think Faith Lehane is a Sagittarius, (fan theory, canonical birthdates not necessarily withstanding )

1. I think so because she fits the traits, honest, easygoing, independent, adventurous, quick tempered, optmistic. The Archer is half man half beast, with all the postive and negative traits of a fire sign, Sag is the mutable fire sign, meaning that their flame is one of journey, seeking and transformation. In mythology Centuars were wild, rough and savage. Their leader however retreated, gained inner knowledge and became highly civilized, representing the philosopher and symbolizing man overcoming his lower nature.

When we are first introduced to a confident and charismatic Faith, people are charmed by her zest and gumption, later revealed she can be to too rash and impulsive, her honesty cuts through all pretense and superifciality with candour, can be abrasive to others. Never backs down from confrontation and lives in the moment. There is a feeling with Faith, that she could have one of two ways (duality) but she unfortunately had her original optimism in the world abused. She puts on a happy and optmistic facade over her suffering, Sagittarians can have trouble confronting and dealing with emotions in this way.

Maybe a Sag-Cap cusp explains his compatibility with both Buffy and Faith.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
According to place I was looking at Willow could be Scorpio (like moi), Capricorn, or Aquarius?

Scorpio personality traits:
Determined, smart and focused.
Scorpio negative traits:
Obsessive and suspicious.

Capricorn personality traits:
Wise and ambitious.
Capricorn negative traits:
Shy and stubborn.

Aquarius personality traits:
Friendly, smart and loyal.
Aquarius negative traits:
Stubborn and extreme.

hmm...

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I think Faith is an Aries because Aries women are into “pleasure of the flesh” and they love sex basically lol. They’re also described as being magnetic and adventurous.

Buffy is a Leo- she’s brave and has a big heart.

Willow- Gemini, The Twins- two different faces.

Meliza

Scooby
I really like Scorpio for Willow! But wait, our sweet little Willow, is a Scorpio?

Yes, lets see, Scorpio has a tough reputation, not totally fair as they can be biggest softies and completely earned at the same time as you never want to cross them.

Willow is loyal, resourceful, determined, intelligent, Scorpio has a sharp, inquistive mind, least we forget, its also a feminine water sign,
Willow is sweet and introverted, early on moments reveal she is not only sweet and meek but shrewd and wllly underneath, when she tricked Xander to find him out in the Pack or outwited The Mayor and Faith. Brainy may not be the first thing that comes to mind when people think Scoripo but in myth the Scoripio is associated with great wisdom and the occult, particularly knowledge of life and death...

Arguably her value judgements are not as guided by logic as Giles or Anya, strong emotions have been known to cloud her judgement. A water sign has a amiable and gentle surface, still waters run deep however and the depth and force of her sting once provoked is mighty and powerful. Its a pheonix rising from the ashes. I recommend Caitlin Bloody Mary youtube video on reasons why Willow is a Scorpio. But feel free to disagree.

Last edited:
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
tough yet big softee, but never ever cross them. Yeah that's moi 😉

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Another vote for Willow being a Scorpio because one thing they are known for is payback. A Scorpio will never forget anything in the way of a slight or a compliment (or something useful).

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
As a Scorpio, I disagree that Willow is one, mostly because I see nothing of myself in Willow and I am a fairly typical Scorpio. But I do like the idea of Willow as Gemini, a dual personality, two sides which are in opposition of each other.

Meliza

Scooby
Oh that is interesting, Gemini for Willow is more obvious, which is why I went with Scorpio, she did deal with her sexuality. I had Giles as Gemini because they are said to have a very adaptable and flexible nature, sometimes to the point of “having” two different personalities (Ripper) and closely associated with knoweldge, interested as much in collecting information as in sharing it. Can come across as difficult to get close to and restless, hence a bored Giles was very out of his element.

W

WillowFromBuffy

As a Scorpio, I disagree that Willow is one, mostly because I see nothing of myself in Willow and I am a fairly typical Scorpio. But I do like the idea of Willow as Gemini, a dual personality, two sides which are in opposition of each other.
Caitaintdead gives a very convincing argument for why Willow is a Scorpio, and she also manages to account for the apparent paradoxes in her personality and show how her "two sides" are more integrated than they may appear.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Caitaintdead gives a very convincing argument for why Willow is a Scorpio, and she also manages to account for the apparent paradoxes in her personality and show how her "two sides" are more integrated than they may appear.
Interesting and well put-together vid, but like I said, this is more of a personal thing for me. As Scorpio, I don't see my own traits reflected in Willow and therefore I don't feel that she's a Scorpio. But, of course, this is my personal opinion/feeling on the matter and obviously everyone interprets characters differently.

W
WillowFromBuffy
Very fair :)

Meliza

Scooby
The purpose is to speculate on the basis of characteristic and see whether a broad consensus forms. The zodiac as archetype is rather more suited to fictional characters then it is to real people.

I think Spike is Pisces.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I like to think that Xander is a Leo. I mean he's sometimes impulses, but also brave and loyal. That seems to fit pretty well. Plus his sarcastic sense of humour is similar to mine sometimes and I'm a Leo:p

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
explains a lot really 😃

Meliza

Scooby
@Mr Trick ! I can see Xander as a Cancer, like Caitaintdead said in her vid hard shell with gentle inside, nurturing, conventional, sensitive to rejection, quirky, moody, the most protective of the those around them. Passive Aggressive, avoids direct confrontation, can be quite touchy and sometimes repiles with that cancer sting but in the right mood is actually very yielding, nurturing, dependable and caring. I also think from this description Gunn might also be a Cancer. One might go with Aries on first glance because he is sort of a hothead and action guy right? but compared with the sense we get that Gunn is more reacting to things then instigating them (Hard shell, Emotional) and loyal, family loving underneath I see these commonalities with Xander.

I pick Leo for Cordelia, Loyal, Straight forward, Confident, Head strong, Egotism, beguiling a big kind heart? haha looking at synonyms for kindhearted, generous, unselfish, brave, not Cordy words at first glance but she has in droves underneath, always a ear for Angel, similar to Xander and Buffy but Xander likes people to know they can come to him with their problems, he wears his heart on his sleeve especially in the romantic sphere. Cordy sympathetic nature is hidden underneath being the center of attention.

Spike, Pisces, I think. Does this seem strange for Spike at first ? let me make my argument, a water sign their depths are comfortable in the oceans dark shadows. The sign of empathy, Spike has or has always appeared to have, access to the emotions other vampires do not, including empathy and compassion. If Angel is classic Bryonic hero, Spike is The Romantic anti hero. (Split verisions of the same trope Spike is Healthcliff, Angel is Mr Rochester) To qoute "Its not brains, its blood" Romantic Pisces leads with the heart, not the head. If there is the one sign with the secret wish to find ultimate unconditional love its Pisces. Very intitutive, Spike has the ability to manipulate people well usually saying something that is true. The sign of two fishes swimming in opposite directions is a dual sign, the sign illusions lures people into seeing what they want to see, with his unusual humanitic empathy, people forget what they see is not what they get. Downside self-pitying, out of touch with reality, self-destructive, clingy., Positive key words, Faith, Redemption Self sacrifice. Pisces key phrase: “I believe.”

Last edited:

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Willow could be Scorpio
Another vote for Willow being a Scorpio because one thing they are known for is payback. A Scorpio will never forget anything in the way of a slight or a compliment (or something useful).
I agree. I think Willow seems most similar to Scorpio.

Are there any Libras on the team? I can't see any like me, but love is blind right ;) Maybe Giles?

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
Angel -- Scorpio
Buffy -- Aries
Cordy -- Sagittarius
Faith -- Leo
Spike -- Pisces
Willow -- Gemini
Oz -- Taurus
Tara -- Cancer
Xander -- Libra