• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Buffy destroying property

buffy2015

Townie
I've always wondered why nothing was ever said about buffy and the gang destroying sunnydale property several times. Like the mall with the rocket launcher, blowing up the school at the end of season 3. The bronze in season 5 though that wasn't all caused by them. I know there's a few more instances but I can't think of them. Why was nothing ever said? was it just not important to the storyline, or did the watchers council have some magic voodoo over sunnydale so no one would remember?

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
I've always wondered why nothing was ever said about buffy and the gang destroying sunnydale property several times. Like the mall with the rocket launcher, blowing up the school at the end of season 3. The bronze in season 5 though that wasn't all caused by them. I know there's a few more instances but I can't think of them. Why was nothing ever said? was it just not important to the storyline, or did the watchers council have some magic voodoo over sunnydale so no one would remember?

Also, cause you could imagine that in the case of the mall there might at least be some camera surveillance that might've caught them on film, y'know, lugging around a rocket launcher and meeting up with giant blue guys.

But I think the above post is right, I think it was systemically covered up by the Mayor who had a vested interest. Doesn't Snyder say something to that effect at the end of School Hard?

buffy2015

Townie
I actually wonder if in the earlier seasons the Mayor covered it up trying to cover up the supernatural in Sunnydale in general?
that's possible. But in seasons after season 3 I wonder if the watcher's council did something as well. Also what about literally destroying sunnydale in the last episode? we know everyone left or mostly everyone left. But how do we know EVERYONE left. Did they kill innocent people? and yeah snyder did say something so maybe there was some mystical protection to where it was all erased.

shows like these I guess you can't worry about all the details because it's not important or you won't get straight answers.

cerocket

class protector
I sort of always assumed that some people who hadn't left did die when Sunnydale was destroyed; the show is a little nihilistic at times and I don't think we are meant to believe that the only people who died in that battle were the people who chose to fight it.

white avenger

white avenger
I just chalk it up as being similar to why no one ever questions the destruction occurring when some superhero and super villain tangle, or when some monster wades out of the ocean and destroys half of Tokyo, though on a considerably smaller scale.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I think the reason nobody said anything was the same reason people keep moving there in spite of the fact that it was deadlier than most cities .
People were compiled to forgot & I think it was the Hell mouth way of getting people/victims to stay around. And at the end when it started
waking up people still didn't see anything wrong but felt a overwhelming need to leave & did so.

buffy2015

Townie
Good points guys! sorry if it was a stupid question I was just rewatching innocence and was curious.

ChaseRules

Sineya
Not really . IMO one of the parts of graduation was when for once the kids at Sunnydale was able to see what Buffy had done for thrm
& given her the award of Class Protector.

bespangeled

Scooby
Black Thorn
I put it into the 'people see what they want to see, and Sunnydale is the mecca for kids on PCP' category. Though it really is kinda lampshading - just like a one Starbucks town with a huge mall, an international airport, a harbor for international trade - and anything else needed.

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
Could always be the Initiative covering things up after s3 also.

ChaseRules

Sineya
I don't think the lnitiative would do anything like that. They was too busy hiding .

buffy2015

Townie
well we know her father Hank wasn't paying for shit. Did he even find out about her dying or even being the slayer? I dont remember

ChaseRules

Sineya
From what I remember he left after the divorce & I think he was living in Spain with his secretary.

ChaseRules

Sineya
I don't think he knew when Buffy lived in Sunnydale . If he had things would have been different I think.

Top Bottom