• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy: Every Generation #1

Priceless

Scooby
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER To Introduce 'Most Important New Character in 20+ Years' This APRIL
By Chris Arrant, EditorJanuary 22, 2020 08:00am ET

"The most important new character in over 20 years" for the Buffy the Vampire Slayer franchise is set to be revealed in an April 8 one-shot from BOOM! Studios. The anthology one-shot Buffy: Every Generation #1 will reveal the secret origins of some of the most important Slayers in history, including this new mystery character.
"Just when you think you know everything about the Chosen One, a brand new character shows up to turn the whole universe on its head," BOOM! Executive Editor Jeanine Schaefer said in the announcement.
Schaefer and BOOM! wouldn't reveal details on the character (or even their name) at this point, but is framing their introduction as a major moment not just for the BOOM! titles but the entire franchise.
"Buffy’s been through the Hellmouth, fought alongside Angel, been replaced by Kendra, and now has to deal with the backlash in Ring of Fire but all of that is nothing compared to what comes next for the Slayer and everyone else in the Buffyverse," Schaefer continued. "Hold onto your seats because this special will… BLOW. YOUR. MIND!"
M.F.K.'s Nilah Magruder will write the lead story, with additional work by Morgan Beem, Lauren Garcia, Caitlin Yarsky, Lauren Knight, and Alex Guimarães.
Look for more on Buffy: Every Generation #1 in the coming months here at Newsarama.

TriBel

Scooby
LOL! I meant the dark haired Slayer! 😄 Maybe she didn't die - maybe she ended up in an orphanage and the nuns are vampires turned by her brother (maybe she moonlights as a glass painter - he draws 🤭)

Priceless

Scooby
Nunnery always suggests Angel to me. It could be Kathy, but the dress is pretty modern. The slayer holding the stake looks familiar to me.
She and the older women look alike, so mother and daughter? Will we learn that slaying does indeed run in families and that's why Robin was so pissed.

TriBel

Scooby
Nunnery always suggests Angel to me. It could be Kathy, but the dress is pretty modern. The slayer holding the stake looks familiar to me.
She and the older women look alike, so mother and daughter? Will we learn that slaying does indeed run in families and that's why Robin was so pissed.
They all look familiar to me. And Angel's rarely seen in 18th century garb. I was joking (almost). I can't follow the Boom comics. They're doing my bloody head in!

Priceless

Scooby
I'm confused. Is this an important character for the new Boom! Buffy or the original Buffyverse?
I'm guessing just the Boom!verse. I think everything prior to Boom taking over the comics is locked down and unchangeable.

But whoever it is can't be the first new character because we've had Rose and Bryan . . . so maybe they do mean the whole Buffyverse??

TriBel

Scooby
I'm guessing just the Boom!verse. I think everything prior to Boom taking over the comics is locked down and unchangeable.

But whoever it is can't be the first new character because we've had Rose and Bryan . . . so maybe they do mean the whole Buffyverse??
Sigh...clear as mud to me....:confused: I'm sure the woman on the right is someone I used to work with.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn

I know it's marketing speak but it doesn't make sense either way. If it's for Boom!verse then it hasn't been going 20 years and all the characters are new. If they mean for the original then what's the point in trying to crowbar something in now with no follow up.

Priceless

Scooby
I'm wondering if it's a slayer gone back into her own past, or into her future. Or the artists can't distinguish faces *shrug, who knows.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Or the new character is going to be a black, transgender, bisexual/lesbian feminist in a wheel chair (Got to tick all those boxes you know) who is sooooooo important because she somehow shaped history which means that without her there would be no Buffy.

That's my guess. Could be wrong, but given how "woke" the comics were trying to be with their "vision" of what Willow and Cordelia would be like in present day, it wouldn't surprise me.

TriBel

Scooby
Who the hell is Roux?
Roux is the black, possibly bi (?), vampire/watcher/slayer in the Giles mini. She "died" at the end but didn't dust. There's a marker to her at the bottom of the ocean (which is a probably a reference to the Diaspora) - actually San Pedro, I think. Some African vampires rest in water so there's a possibility she's not dead. That's Roux on my banner. Actually, I don't think it'll be her but it'd be cool if it was. Can't help with the wheelchair.

Black people shaped the American identity - that's the central thesis of Morrison's "Playing in the Dark" (one of the most-assigned texts on U.S. college campuses) so the idea that a black slayer (whatever) shaped Buffy is inline with current thought. :) Still don't think it'll happen though. The obvious reference point's to Angel.

Last edited:
Priceless
Priceless
Roux really is the best new character in the verse, I can't imagine there being better. I loved Roux.
Top Bottom