• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy In The Fox Universe

white avenger

white avenger
I'm not sure just how this might come about, but, considering the recent talks/rumors about rebooting both characters, just on the wild chance that Disney decided to combine the two franchises, what would you think of Buffy and Blade sharing the same universe? That doesn't necessarily mean frequent crossovers, though occasional meetings might work. The biggest single thing that I can see that would need to be reconciled is that Blade's vampires are susceptible to silver weapons, and Buffy's are not. The Buffyverse as it presently exists has a very close equivalent to a "day walker" in the character of Connor, so it would seem most likely that he and Blade might cross paths at some point, assuming that Angel and his cast are somehow eventually included in the new story line.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
No. Don't want that to happen. Chief reason being Buffy does not belong in the MCU.

Technically, Blade shares the world with Dr. Strange, Spiderman, the X-Men, etc. Buffy and Willow at their most powerful in the TV series would be small fish compared to that. What happens when Joyce calls Charles Xavier?

Though it could become interesting...if say Cyclops or other mutants became vampires....

Even restricting it to Blade, Marvel's Dracula is also very different (from either the comic or movie version). Some explanation should be given why the Watchers don't cooperate more with the other vampire hunters. And the lore is generally incompatible.

And though I was initially optimistic, I no longer trust Disney to get it right after what they've done with other franchises they've taken over (and even remaking their own stuff), despite a couple of hits here and there (I'm not counting those that were hit solely due to name recognition).

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!
No! Buffy is in a league of her own. Part of what made Buffy great was the small family of contributors working with Whedon, and I hope the new show will carry on a similar legacy. I am fine with public domain characters, such as Drucala, being assimilated into the Buffyverse, but I do *not* want writers from other intellectual properties to come in and mess up the Buffyverse.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
No! Buffy is in a league of her own. Part of what made Buffy great was the small family of contributors working with Whedon, and I hope the new show will carry on a similar legacy. I am fine with public domain characters, such as Drucala, being assimilated into the Buffyverse, but I do *not* want writers from other intellectual properties to come in and mess up the Buffyverse.
As bad as the comics were/are that would just be another level of absurd. To see Buffy and Wolverine teaming up. No. It would turn off so many fans... at least I think. Maybe not. Who knows. I know I would find it utterly laughable.

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
Thats... crazy.

Like a fox.

Frankly Buffy's vampire lore is pretty specific, so it's likely whatever property you try to combine with it will have to be very flexible. That being said, I don't think it's likely they'd alienate the fans of either franchise in such a manner,

Faith 2019

Slayer vs Slayer
The Buffy movie came out in the early 1990's and there is no talk about a reboot with a movie. If Buffy and a crossover happens with Blade or Wolverine the Buffy would be the junior partner and nothing good would come out of it. Buffy is about building relationships and more so with building relationships with women first and Buffy and males come in second.

white avenger

white avenger
To see Buffy and Wolverine teaming up.
If Buffy and a crossover happens with Blade or Wolverine the Buffy would be the junior partner
I was thinking specifically of Buffy and Blade working in a contemporary universe, not having her join or interact with any other Marvel characters. In fact, having never read any of the Blade comics, I never even knew that Blade was a Marvel character when I first saw the movies. I don't consider either Buffy or Blade to be superheroes in the conventional sense. Buffy has no part in a world populated by strange people who run around wearing spandex, shooting lazer beams out of their eyes, and wearing masks to hide their real identity.

On the other hand, I would be willing to bet that Xander would be thrilled to become an Agent of S H I E L D, just so he could hang out with Nick Fury.

Spanky
Spanky
Blade was even, or he still might be, an Avenger.
Anything seems to be able to get a six issue limited series these days, so, POC it out, and see if it sells over 100,000, and you may have a hit. Comics aren't selling that well these days.

Top Bottom