• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Buffy legacy edition

Dalibor

Townie
Hi guys!
I'm currently reading the original Buffy comics (the so called "classics") which are newly collected and published by Boom! There's one thing which is bothering me, but I couldn't find the answer on the net so hopefully you can point me in the right direction.
Buffy legacy edition book 3: on the back cover it is mentioned that it also contains Haunted (a Faith story) written by Jane Espenson. Well I have like 20 pages left and nothing. It's not even mentioned in the table of contents. Do we know anything about this issue? Is it a mistake by the publisher, maybe there's a problem with my copy? I am pretty disappointed, because Faith is one of my favorite characters and I was looking forward reading it. 😔 And what are your thoughts about this legacy edition books?

Priceless

Scooby
I haven't bought the legacy editions. Do you think they are value for money?

Dalibor

Townie
If you want to revisit Sunnydale again or just to read the original comics it's a great option. It's not so expensive and if you buy all the 3 books which have been published so far you'll have the first 30 issues +short stories. Some storylines are great, others not so much. For me it's a must have. :cool:

Priceless
Priceless
I am tempted.

Dalibor

Townie
Book 1 was a mixed bag (the art design was just weird and some stories were just silly), but Book 2 had a huge increase in quality (the design, storytelling, a new big bad in town) and book 3 maintained this quality so I can't wait till May to grab my copy of book 4 💁‍♂️

Lorophage

Townie
Personally, I'm really disappointed with the legacy editions. Sure, the physical quality is better than that of the Dark Horse omnibuses, and they reprint (for the first time) Rogue's Gallery and the Angel story from Dark Horse Extra #36-38. But the decision to print the stories in order of publication date has led to a confusing reading order. In a couple of cases, a reader is obligated to buy the next volume just so they can finish reading a story.
Here's a list of inconsistencies that I noticed (might be missing a couple):
  • New Kid on the Block (in volume 1): story was split in half
  • Dance with Me (in volume 1): second page is missing
  • The Final Cut (in volume 1): missing the extra pages from Supernatural Defense Kit (included in the Dark Horse omnibus)
  • Play with Fire: split between volumes 1-2
  • The Blood of Carthage (in volume 3): part 1 was split from parts 2-5
  • Past Lives: split between volumes 3-4, for some reason also reprinted in Angel volume 2

Lorophage

Townie
I'm currently reading the original Buffy comics (the so called "classics") which are newly collected and published by Boom! There's one thing which is bothering me, but I couldn't find the answer on the net so hopefully you can point me in the right direction.
Buffy legacy edition book 3: on the back cover it is mentioned that it also contains Haunted (a Faith story) written by Jane Espenson. Well I have like 20 pages left and nothing. It's not even mentioned in the table of contents. Do we know anything about this issue? Is it a mistake by the publisher, maybe there's a problem with my copy?
Strange. My copy of volume 3 doesn't mention Haunted.

Top Bottom