• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy possibly coming to Disney+

AndrewCrossett

Satsu Otaku
Sineya
According to CBR.com, Disney+ is polling some of its users to find out if they want Buffy (and perhaps the other Whedonverse series) to stream on Disney+.

Which would be great. My only concern is that they would probably use the "remastered" Buffy episodes that are forced into widescreen ratio.

DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
Depending on the answer, Disney might use it as grounds for greenlighting a reboot.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Well here hoping they do stream them & fix the esps as well
:)

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Yes please, so more people will get into it, which means more people will google it and we might get a couple of new members in the process :)

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I don’t mind personally because it’s on Amazon Prime anyway but as others have said it would make it more accessible.
But is Buffy age appropriate for Disney plus? 🤔

Reactions: Nix

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
But is Buffy age appropriate for Disney plus? 🤔
There was talk of streaming some TV-14 TV shows so I don't think that putting Buffy there should be an issue in itself, just put a content warning on it.

@Athene There were also talks about putting Grey's Anatomy on there, that is pure TV-14 stuff.

Now that I look at the facts, I probably made a mistake with my previous statement where I said that they have some TV-14 things.

Last edited:
Athene
Athene
Really 😯 everything I’d seen so far would be no more than a 12

tripdastati0n

Townie
the amazon version remaster is perfection and beautiful. Not a thing wrong with it. I have the amazon rips and love them

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
Now everyone is locked down someone should tell Joss to get on with making the blu ray we've been waiting for.
And I here I thought blu ray was so over that I would never have to figure out what the actual difference between it and a dvd are! 🙈

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
I wish it were on netflix or plain old broadcast, tbh. No need to worry about ratings or consider cutting eps on some place like disney. . But that won't happen. Too much greed. Grateful for box set even w/o remasters.

There is a hard limit for how many streaming services I will pay for.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
for sure its literally perfect from beginning to end
No it's not. It's a hot mess of bad framing & cropping to make 4:3 fit 16:9 combined with a multitude of issues with the lighting and colouring.

tripdastati0n
tripdastati0n
I disagree. It looked glorious it will be my go to whenever I rewatch I was very impressed with the quality

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
No it's not. It's a hot mess of bad framing & cropping to make 4:3 fit 16:9 combined with a multitude of issues with the lighting and colouring.
I'm guessing it's perfect if it's the only version you've ever seen.

DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
You notice more background set details that you don't get to see in the originals.
Top Bottom