• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy Rewatch: 1.11 Out of Mind, Out of Sight

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
An invisible force is attacking the students and teachers at Sunnydale High. Buffy and the gang must find a way to stop this unseen menace, and determine why it seems to be centering its attacks on Cordelia.

Source: Tv.com

thrasherpix

Scooby
Love "the Beast" line.

All I feel like saying about it other than that is that is some amazing, quick thinking about not causing a spark, and quite selfless. Such experiences surely helped Xander stand his ground in the Zeppo of s3.

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
This is one of the reasons why I first started loving Buffy. I just love the whole "ignored to invisibility" concept. It's such a perfect Buffy-concept.
I'll forever be disappointed we never got to see Marcie again. That ending just ties so well into the Initiative. They could've brought her back as an invisible assassin! If Maggie Walsh had just done her homework, we could've gotten something cooler than "oops, Buffy wasn't killed by some rando demons in a sewer".

Anyway, of course whenever I watch this I'm flooded with nostalgia so it is always hard to rate episodes like this fairly. What I like is not just the concept of Marcie, but also that they (though I wasn't a fan of hers) took the time to try to flesh out Cordelia. At the time, most mean girls on TV were just mean girls. Giving Cordelia some depth was a good call. There's also some genuinely creepy moments - Buffy in the locker room, Harmony pushed down the stairs, and obviously the final fight, cutting Cordy's face and all.

That outfit though, really Buffy, purple choker scarf? And what even is that top. No. Take some fashion cues from Cordy this time.
proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

thrasherpix
thrasherpix
Guess some of those hickies by Angel got a little too intense. I'll have to keep an eye out for Buffy wearing chokers in future eps!
Top Bottom