• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy Rewatch 1.12 Prophecy Girl

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Giles discovers an ancient prophecy which states that Buffy will face The Master and she will die. Upon hearing this, Buffy breaks down and tries to quit her Slayer duties. But when vampires massacre a group of students on campus, she realizes that she must face her destiny in order to save her friends... and the world

Source: TV.com

Dora

Scooby
Love this episode one of my favourite Buffy breakdown in with of Giles........ only 16 I don't want to die , in the end she kicks arse

telperion66

Potential
Legendary opening scene with Xander practicing his speech to Willow about how he feels about Buffy, and what he plans to say. Very funny and touching at the same time.

Love grizzled Giles as he reels from finding out about Buffy's prophecy.

When Xander finally opens his heart to Buffy and she rejects him! So moving and I feel a lot for Xander as he realises Angel is the one for Buffy - "her special friend". In retrospect, this is one of the most touching and powerful scenes in the entire Buffy franchise.

Another great scene with Xander, this time with Willow as she rejects his offer of taking her to the dance. Time to listen to country music - the music of pain!

So great as Buffy reacts to finding out the news of the prophecy. Its obvious in this scene that she cares so much for both Angel and Giles, and it breaks her heart speaking to them like she does. But she can't help it, as she throws the cross on the floor that Angel gave her.

Great writing and performances here with Giles confirming that Buffy will not be facing the master, rather that he will.

Good decision by the writers to include Miss Calendar in the scooby gang for this season finale, as she plays a bigger role in season two which will be very effective.

Another powerful scene, this time as Xander confronts Angel stating he doesn't like him and that they gotta do something to help Buffy.

Speaks of the "heart" of the series overall that Xander is the one who brings Buffy back to life after she drowns.

In all, this is probably my favourite season finale, probably just pipping 'Becoming' to that spot for me.

Love this so much, 9/10

Tank1978

Scooby
Watched this the other day. It's a great episode easily my favourite of the season.

I really love the theme tune played om the piano at the end after the master is killed. Shame it's not on any of the soundtracks.

famicommander

Townie
This really is one of Xander's better episodes. It shows him at his worst (not taking it well when Buffy rejects him, attempting to use Willow as a rebound) and at his best (swallowing his pride and teaming up with someone he hates to save the girl whom he just humiliated himself in front of, walking into what he can reasonably expect to be his death).

thrasherpix
thrasherpix
Xander saves the day more often than most remember. And this episode is just another example of why he's not a toxic "Nice Guy" even though he has feelings that can be hurt and can be immature about it.
Top Bottom