1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy season 6 appreciation

Discussion in 'Sunnydale Cemetery' started by Wesley Pryce, Mar 31, 2017.

1. GoSpuffy

GoSpuffy Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer

Black Thorn
    I appreciate shirtless Spike.

Fool for Buffy and Priceless like this.
  2. Athene

Athene Scooby

I don't appreciate your tone....

3. Puppet

Puppet My ass is not pansy!

Black Thorn
    Yes, thank you for this. I've been trudging through post after post about the badness of it, I've been wanting this.

Imo, there is so much to love, especially from a writer's POV. It wasn't the best and would've benefitted from JW's hands on collaboration, but what we got wasn't as bad as some fans make it seem.

It has, imo, the best episode of the whole series, but then I'm a sucker for both musicals and unique directing jobs ;)

It has the balls to turn their 'perfect' heroine into something dark and twisted and broken and flawed and still leave the fans loving her and believing that, at the end of the day, she's still a heroine. Perhaps even because of her flaws.

It dares to kill off one of the fan favorite characters, try to keep that in mind next time you argue that Spike only stayed alive because the writers worried how fans would react. We may not have loved Tara's death, but we didn't quit the show over it, either.

It dared turn a beloved character like Willow into a villain, while still keeping it believable that she would turn like that, they built the entire season around that fall for her.

I'm also one of those fans that really likes the theme of human evil being the overall arc of this one. It may not be the season I rewatch the most, cause it can be tough to get through in one sitting (I always binge, just how I roll) but it doesn't keep me from remembering how utterly brave and strong it was in a lot of places.

flow: You said it so beautiful !