• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy Season 7 Appreciation

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I love Dawn and Xander more in this season than any other; they both have matured so much. Dawn takes charge with the research and with not panicking like she would have in the past, and Xander just has this air about him, like he's calmer, which he sorely needed in the six seasons prior to this.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
For me I obviously loved how Spuffy developed this season. They were a really beautiful and healthy relationship that was based on trust and love. Buffy this season had now grown up from a girl to a woman and was a natural born leader. Spike evolved so much too. He evolved into a true hero who sacrificed himself for love.
I don't mind the potentials honestly.
And imo Season 7 had some of the best episodes of the series such as Chosen , Touched, Conversations With Dead People and more.

white avenger

white avenger
What I liked most about Season 7 is that almost everybody actually got the chance to finally grow up.

Buffy finally learned that "The mission comes first" woundn't always make her the most popular person in the house.

Willow was able to come to grips with both Tara's loss and her magic addiction.

Xander and Anya had some degree of closure to their relationship, and a new friendship.

Faith actually got the chance to be THE Slayer (I'm including her time on "Angel" here) not just "the other one," as Caleb described her.

Dawn didn't pitch a single temper tantrum throughout the whole Season, and she did finally get her sister to, "Get out! Get OUT! GET OUT!!!" she finally came to realize that things were far, far better when Big Sis actually was around.

Spike finally got to be Buffy's Champion, something that he had never been for Dru, and to actually have the satisfaction that had had passed over Angel to give him that honor.

Andrew... Well, I did say that ALMOST everybody finally grew up.

crazysoulless
crazysoulless
Agree except about the "passed over Angel" part since she didn't know she was going to let Spike wear it.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
What I liked most about Season 7 is that almost everybody actually got the chance to finally grow up.

Buffy finally learned that "The mission comes first" woundn't always make her the most popular person in the house.

Willow was able to come to grips with both Tara's loss and her magic addiction.

Xander and Anya had some degree of closure to their relationship, and a new friendship.

Faith actually got the chance to be THE Slayer (I'm including her time on "Angel" here) not just "the other one," as Caleb described her.

Dawn didn't pitch a single temper tantrum throughout the whole Season, and she did finally get her sister to, "Get out! Get OUT! GET OUT!!!" she finally came to realize that things were far, far better when Big Sis actually was around.

Spike finally got to be Buffy's Champion, something that he had never been for Dru, and to actually have the satisfaction that had had passed over Angel to give him that honor.

Andrew... Well, I did say that ALMOST everybody finally grew up.
Yes I love this post. I felt every single character grew in some way or another in this season besides Andrew but nothing is perfect right?

Priceless

Scooby
I love Buffy and Spike's relationship in season 7, they feel like a real couple who can talk to each other, work together, argue out their issues without imploding, and Buffy finally admits her true feeling for Spike.

I agree with those who have said that this is the best season for Dawn and Xander, they are both at their most likeable. I like the themes of the season, power and empowerment, instinct over knowledge, how seeing really is not believing and there is always more depth to what is presented. This is the most serious, most beautiful and most important season imo.

For me The First is a great big bad, because it is the voice in your head, the voice that tells you that you can't be strong, that you aren't good, that you are always wrong and that you can have what you want, but what you want isn't real. The more I think about The First, the more I enjoy the concept.

Dora

Scooby
I would say the first six episodes of S7 were so amazing and completely rewatchable, especially Selfless.
Agreed......When season 7 started Marti Noxon was on maternity leave, in my view definitely a downturn after CWDP....... I wonder if is when she came back as Show runner ?

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
I love Buffy and Spike's relationship in season 7, they feel like a real couple who can talk to each other, work together, argue out their issues without imploding, and Buffy finally admits her true feeling for Spike.

I agree with those who have said that this is the best season for Dawn and Xander, they are both at their most likeable. I like the themes of the season, power and empowerment, instinct over knowledge, how seeing really is not believing and there is always more depth to what is presented. This is the most serious, most beautiful and most important season imo.

For me The First is a great big bad, because it is the voice in your head, the voice that tells you that you can't be strong, that you aren't good, that you are always wrong and that you can have what you want, but what you want isn't real. The more I think about The First, the more I enjoy the concept.
I obviously love Spikes and Buffy's relationship too.
Season 7 was one of the best seasons for a tv couple imo with Spuffy.
Also I agree with you on "The First" it goes into the empowering concept of Season 7 and knowing your own worth.

Top Bottom