• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Buffy should not be re-made

I wonder if Pike,Kathy and Lothos will appear in this reboot

i mean bring pike back and Kathy as support character could be cool

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn

i mean bring pike back and Kathy as support character could be cool
Cool? Cool? Oh, please.

That would be AWESOME!!! just like bypass the tv show and have it be a continuation of the movie.
Sorta like how the new Halloween movies did by ignoring everything that came after the original.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I found myself thinking about this idea last night and then occurred to me that were they to do that you couldn't have Pike, either. And that sorta bummed me out, so... not sure I'd want the original Buffy to return honestly. As much as I would I just think not having Perry involved would dampen it.

Stake fodder

Soulless
I think it could be good, with updated themes relating to modern high-school issues, which have shifted somewhat in 20 years. However, I think only the Core Four could really be brought back, as other characters were more dependent on arcs that they wouldn't want to just rehash. If there were another Angel, for instance, we would be anticipating the inevitable romance with Buffy. But Willow could still become a witch, and have different experiences than the first time around.

I still think it would be better to have a "Next Generation" version, though, with entirely new characters. And then the previous ones could show up as guest stars, advising the new. Unfortunately, they messed up this possibility by creating a Slayer army at the end of S7, so it would be odd to have just one Slayer as the focus.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Buffy without Joss is Power Rangers. Well, Sexy Power Rangers. I mean, Power Rangers usually has cute 23 year old teenagers, but Kimberly and Tommy were never going to hook up after Rita summoned the Judge and used an Indian curse to rob Tommy's soul. And Power Rangers has run for twenty years, so it's not a bad model to follow. But having said that, I would state, that if you are going to make a Buffy series, you should rethink the setting and characters, and going back to the movie for elements the series didn't use, or even set between the gym incident and her parents' divorce. Plus, Power Rangers always has diversity, which seems to be 50% of the ideas anyone has for a reboot, with the other 50% being "cell phones, and cyberbulling, and...gay acceptance class?"

thrasherpix

Scooby
I do fear that a new Buffy will just be Riverdale with vampires with a tone-deaf wokeness that makes plenty wonder if they're on the woke train, or mocking it. Plus, Buffy will be an angry, black-clad teen whose only virtue is that everyone else (including adults) are even worse, though Disney might (but not necessarily) go for a more lighthearted comedic version (but nowhere as funny as the original) in the style of My Babysitter's A Vampire.

And she'll still be hooking up with vampires even sooner (if there are vampires and a female protagonist, I'd like Vegas odds on the protagonist not quickly hooking up with at least one vampire, maybe making a $10 bet myself as if the unthinkable happens and such a hook up doesn't occur then my low wager will pay off big!). I don't see anyway around that, and the show would probably be hated by most if it didn't happen (at least strongly teased) in the first season (and possibly first episode to keep luring viewers back).

But at least in this case the vampire love interest will look like a [TV] teen (still old as Angel, though, but those abs and his obsession for her will make people forgive him anything), and wouldn't surprise me if through some McGuffin or lore change that some vampires go to school as well!

(I just had an image of Snyder or even Flutie as a vampire...gotta say, that image was pretty cool, hopefully it would be a total surprise with it clear he's been a vampire for awhile now. Given that any shade, even a blanket, or paint on the car windows, was enough to protect a vampire from the sun, it shouldn't be hard to manage. I expect some realistic face masks--like Ken in Anne--could work wonders, especially with a little sunscreen to go with the glue holding it over the principal's face, just add sunglasses when in actual sunlight or he'll need a few sick days while he regrows new eyes.)

sunestellar

Bad Day. Started bad, stayed that way.
I'm not particularly fond of the idea of a reboot of the original series. Buffy is already complete in itself, and still relevent today. By the way, I can't really get into the rebooted BOOM comics for that reason... I don't want the original stories and characters to be changed.
However, I wouldn't be against a new Buffyverse serie, taking place in our generation or in the near future, and focusing on a different slayer and characters. If present, the original Scoobies shouldn't play a big role in this project tho (just as cameo and/or mentioned). I think there would be plenty of new stories to tell about a Slayer's squad for instance.
It's fair to assume that no project of anykind will ever surpass Buffy, the original, but a new series might be a good doorway to the Buffyverse for younger generations, who might be reticent to watch a show that is already 20 years old. With the ending of the Buffy's original series in comics, I'm also afraid that we'll have less and less canonic content in the coming years... As long-term fans, we can't disregard new content, and I would welcome a new tv show on the Buffyverse with great interest !

Buffy Summers
Buffy Summers
Completely agree!

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I don't want the original stories and characters to be changed.
But they won't be changed, they'll be the same and stay the same as they ever were. A reboot won't change the original stories or characters.

so i was thinking so what the wish from buffy reboot or revival

will there gonna be nikki adventures or maybe an spin off about willow

buffybot2021

Townie
I am wondering if this is still going to happen and what it's going to look like, but I'm not really sure how I feel about it.

On the one hand, a "reboot" in the classic sense would be rather unnecessary as most of the original show is still pretty relevant today. But it could work, if they have people who understand Buffy well, especially if they worked on the original show - people like Jane Espenson and Doug Petrie and Marti Noxon, etc. Yes, I know people really aren;t here for "new" versions of the characters, but I personally really like new interepretations of stuff I love, and sort of view it as being like an alternate universe to the original. ANd I think it could be fun.

What I think I would prefer is for it to be set in the Slayerverse, but not actually be related to Buffy herself, and those characters. Something like a period show following a slayer from a long time ago - maybe even a show following the First Slayer - I think would be really really cool to see. A sequel show would be great too - as long as it doesn't contradict the comics. I haven't read seasons 9-12 yet, but if it's a show that's set after Buffy season 7 and is set in the same universe, I don't want it to be something that contradicts comic canon either, as that would really bother me personally.

Either way I do think it will happen eventually - Disney now owns the show, and I'm sure they'll see it as an oppurtunity to make a lot of money. As long as they show it the proper love and care and attention it deserves, I'll remain curious to see it.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
Comics are joss fanfic. They are joss ego and they infantilize Buffy and turn her in to a sexual predator who sleeps with hero worshipping young emplyees. Any tv show continuation should ignore them, particularly since they are not set in any real type world - the realness of Buffy always was a strength. The comics are a fairyland - they might work in a fantastical movie, but a weekly tv ahow? Cannot see it.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I didn't think this was still happening anyway? I guess it might one day and the rumours will never go away. But for now I think its on hold.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Having thought about it I think it will be good to see a Buffy reboot, I'd like to laugh at what a load of crap the do-wa-diddy-diddys could imagine the reboot to be.
Apart from anything it'd give us lots more to talk about.

Kimmci

Townie
No, I'm no fan of reboots. Any reboot would turn into an exercise to tick all of the representation and whatever is politically correct atm boxes at the expense of a good storyline.

Dogs of Winter

Potential
Is there still anybody attached to the remake or has it been moved to development hell?

If they are still planning to do it I would prefer a new story set in the same universe but in a different location and with different characters
However it sounded like they wanted to keep the same characters and have someone new play Buffy. The main reason for this is commercial for brand recognition which doesn't fill me with confidence

The other worry is that developing the characters should come first and then use this development to explore pertinent issues.
What I read of the reboot seemed like the issues were the most important thing, and there is always a danger that you then manipulate the characters too much to fit in whatever the issue of the week is, and you end up feeling like they are preaching to you

On the one hand I am not a fan of reboots, but on the other hand there is Battlestar Galactica which makes up for all the bad ones :) so I will definitely give it a fair chance if it ever gets made

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Think the original showrunner has dropped out. Don't think they've canned the project altogether. Its a case of wait and see.
Top Bottom