• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Slayer STATS: The Complete Infographic Guide To All Things Buffy - by Steve O'Brien and Simon Guierrie

Has anyone else picked up a copy of this book? I was super excited to get this book, and even learned a few new things about Buffy just by paging through it (like Jesse's last name was McNally, and that the last episode was up for an Emmy for special effects). However, I'm officially read the book from cover to cover and am 20 pages in and already found several mistakes (whether typos or not), making me question the accuracy of the book.

Examples:
  1. Drucilla is listed as only being in 7 episodes (likely a typo, since I found that she was in 17 of Buffy, and 7 of Angel)
  2. The big bads like Glory are listed as being in season 5-7, Adam, 4-7, etc. Yet Drucilla is correctly listed as 2,5,7. So the dash implies all season, and comma implies not seasons between.
  3. With that being said, all of the big bads are listed as being in season 7, when technically none of them are, because it was the First impersonating them
  4. The Slayer Spike killed in the Boxer Rebellion, Xin Rong, is listed with Nikki Wood's watcher
Very frustrating!! There are plenty of Buffy fans who would have been happy to proof this for the writers lol.

Black Thorn
I was disappointed in all the mistakes too. Another one off the top of my head is that it said Oz was a werewolf for four nights a month...

badsister

Angel's Avenger
I think I changed my mind about ordering it. But still want one with the quotes(you can't go wrong with that...I hope!)

Yes, it's disappointing, so probably wouldn't recommend it at this point. I got a good deal on it, so I appreciate the facts that are correct lol.

badsister
badsister
yeah cause for me that's much more expensive(like with the delivery fee and etc). maybe you can recommend some good books on buffy?