• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

"'Buffy the Vampire Slayer': Vanessa Hudgens Passed on a Reboot Role"

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Link, As far as V.H., I have no opinion. She's presumably a better actress than SMG, or at least a more accomplished one. And she certainly checks every ethnic box except for black. Pictures of Pretty girls aside, the current state of the series rumor mill is at the end. Or, it's been two years since the announcement, Joss is the executive producer, the old actors have expressed interest in the series. I mean, it's maybe media journalists know better, that it's typical for series to go two years without any announcements regarding stars, financing, crew, staff, or tweets from the showrunner?

Ann

Nee chatwuann Bangel
Where I live, but really don't want to be.
Link, As far as V.H., I have no opinion. She's presumably a better actress than SMG, or at least a more accomplished one. And she certainly checks every ethnic box except for black. Pictures of Pretty girls aside, the current state of the series rumor mill is at the end. Or, it's been two years since the announcement, Joss is the executive producer, the old actors have expressed interest in the series. I mean, it's maybe media journalists know better, that it's typical for series to go two years without any announcements regarding stars, financing, crew, staff, or tweets from the showrunne
So an attempt is made to keep buffy reboot talk alive. They had to dig up old news and tack a mention at the end to accomplish that. Still doesn't mean reboot is going to happen or that it is currently in production. I am glad the reboot that was talked about in 2010 didn't happen. I think Vandssa Hudgens made the right choice then. I liked her "High School musical" and in "Frozen Ground." Don't really know what other movies she has been in.

Reason: Wanted to add something.
AlphaFoxtrot
AlphaFoxtrot
Pretty much. But we seem to be running out of things to talk about.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Vanessa Hudgens is two inches shorter than SMG. The Angel-Buffy pairing would have looked even more lopsided than it was.

LemonBanana
LemonBanana
Hahaha 😂 I’m not the only one who thought, damn Buffy’s tiny.... or Angels proper tall when they were next to each other!!! 😊 💕

Ann

Nee chatwuann Bangel
Where I live, but really don't want to be.
Vanessa Hudgens is two inches shorter than SMG. The Angel-Buffy pairing would have looked even more lopsided than it was.
I always liked the difference in height between Sarah Michelle Gellar and David Boreanaz. The fact she looked so small beside him made him look taller and larger. David Boreanaz at 6 foot 1 inch tall which is tall enough but still considered short as some men are taller than he is. I think that is why Sarah Michelle Gellar was seen wearing heels and boots with heels to add height.

Angel6
Angel6
I don’t think 6ft 1 is considered ‘short’ unless you are in the NBA 😂😂

Angel6

Potential
To be fair most leading men are actually pretty short. (Something to do with short people having the desire to show off!)

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
Link, As far as V.H., I have no opinion. She's presumably a better actress than SMG, or at least a more accomplished one.
Don't get me wrong, no shade on her, but is Vanessa Hudgens an accomplished actor? I thought she was famous for High School musical which is hardly a "flex your acting skills" kind of a movie. Has she done anything of note after?

@Angel6 "I don’t think 6ft 1 is considered ‘short’ unless you are in the NBA 😂😂"
In the general world it is pretty average, no? But in the movie industry, I'd say it's pretty short-ish. But then, I just hung out with my 15 year old nephew who's already 6'' so maybe my perspective is skewed.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
But in the movie industry, I'd say it's pretty short-ish. But then, I just hung out with my 15 year old nephew who's already 6'' so maybe my perspective is skewed.
Your perspective is skewed. The average in Hollywood is under six foot (by a few inches). But then you get those freaks from like, the frozen wastelands, such as the Skarsgard clan who are all well over six foot.

Taake
Taake
You need height to survive the wasteland! They reach the top shelves.
nightshade
nightshade
Don't forget the supernatural guys!

Angel6

Potential
[QUOTE="Taake, post: 1431489, member: 9799"@Angel6 "I don’t think 6ft 1 is considered ‘short’ unless you are in the NBA 😂😂"
In the general world it is pretty average, no? But in the movie industry, I'd say it's pretty short-ish. But then, I just hung out with my 15 year old nephew who's already 6'' so maybe my perspective is skewed.
[/QUOTE]

No 5ft 10 is the average in most of the western world. 6ft would be considered tall, most actors are considerably shorter than 6ft. David Boreanaz would actually be considered pretty tall for an actor.

Taake
Taake
Yup, was corrected in the post above. :)

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Link, As far as V.H., I have no opinion. She's presumably a better actress than SMG, or at least a more accomplished one. And she certainly checks every ethnic box except for black. Pictures of Pretty girls aside, the current state of the series rumor mill is at the end. Or, it's been two years since the announcement, Joss is the executive producer, the old actors have expressed interest in the series. I mean, it's maybe media journalists know better, that it's typical for series to go two years without any announcements regarding stars, financing, crew, staff, or tweets from the showrunner?
True about waiting so long .. But that is something I didn't know . Vanessa would have been great if she had played next to Sarah since the looked
totally different & could have her play different them Buffy . What kind of character / role do you think would have been best ?

Top Bottom