• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy Wedding Dress

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
We get a dream sequence of a Bangel wedding as imagined by Angel. However the dress he imagines for Buffy seems very un-Buffy like IMO.

If Buffy chose her dress, I think she would go for something more streamlined that's less puffy with shorter sleeves and maybe something on the shoulder rather than halfway down it.

Maybe something like this:

Buffy could slay in that dress if necessary. Because it sits on the shoulder and is sleeveless, it would free up Buffy's arms and is less likely to fall down. The skirt is more streamlined, and less likely to get caught up in, yet still allows for plenty of movement if Buffy needs to kick

What do you think Buffy's ideal wedding dress would look like?

MarlieTheSlayer

Bangel shipper
Black Thorn
She liked this dress, so maybe something similar to it? I do think she would love the dress in the dream sequence too though. It's lovely :)

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
We get a dream sequence of a Bangel wedding as imagined by Angel. However the dress he imagines for Buffy seems very un-Buffy like IMO.

First of all - Buffy is wearing Vera freaking Wang so its spectacular for that reason alone. Because Vera Wang is genius. So - good taste Angel!

But also - this dress feels very Buffy to me when considering Buffy circa s1-3. Buffy was much girlier in those seasons, she liked her little purses and her dresses and her cute outfits. I could see Buffy being into the princess style/cut at that time.

If I had to fit Buffy in a wedding dress today it would be more along the lines of a simple silloutte, sleek look. something like Pnina Tornai:

... I have a thing for weddings and I watch alot of "Say Yes to the Dress" ... its a disease really.

Puppet
Puppet
I love Say Yes to the Dress :D

EarthLogic

Scooby
Black Thorn
I like the dream dress - it wouldn't be my personal choice but it's simple and elegant and Buffy looks gorgeous (also - Vera Wang!!) I do love the princess cut, though, it's one of my favourite styles.

Besides I don't think we can expect Angel to have up-to-date knowledge of wedding dress fashion, so it makes sense his dream-Buffy would be wearing something timeless.

@dcai0830 I strongly disagree with the Tornai. It's just ...no. I can't see Buffy wearing that at all. For one thing, there's way too much glitter! It's more red carpet than wedding IMO.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I strongly disagree with the Tornai. It's just ...no. I can't see Buffy wearing that at all. For one thing, there's way too much glitter!
I was thinking more along the lines of the cut, not the bling.

Mylie

Scooby
I think that cut doesn't fit a short person so I can't see Buffy wearing that. Only tall women look good wearing those kinds of dress, in my opinion.

Oh and I love Buffy's dress!! But I'm not really a fan of wedding stuff in general and can't say I know much about it lol

BuffyBot22
BuffyBot22
Coming from a short person, you are dead on. We don't look good in those types of cuts lol

EarthLogic

Scooby
Black Thorn
dcai0830: Well I can pull some other styles for you if you would like lol. ;)
Fine, just don't make me look fat! :p

I think that cut doesn't fit a short person so I can't see Buffy wearing that.

Only tall women look good wearing those kinds of dress, in my opinion.
Exactly! That model looks to be lifted up to about 6ft 5 there! But a more modest plunge neckline can look really nice even on short people. I think a white version of the prom dress, minus the extra scrunched fabric at the back, would look lovely.

Last edited:

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Fine you guys! ;) Well I need more info - I need to know where the wedding will take place, the theme of the wedding, indoor/outdoor. Lotsa factors. Who the groom is - is he undead?

BuffyBot22

Scooby
I love the top half of the wedding dream sequence dress. The bottom half is too puffed out for my taste. I would have preferred the bottom part to have been a bit more tailored in.
But for this time period and considering it was Angel's dream it was fitting.
I also think Buffy during this time period would have liked this dress or maybe just have the bottom part tailored in like I mentioned above.

buffy1990

"Every now and then, people surprise you."
I have mixed feelings about this dress. I think it looks stunning in the second image @DeadlyDuo posted, but I don't love the way it looks when she's standing. I feel like the top and bottom of the dress don't mesh well.

However, I think it's perfect for the dream sequence since it has that traditional kinda classic look, and probably would be something early Buffy would wear. Later, I think she'd go for something more fitted, like many have mentioned here. Buffy does seem to like the classic look though. Here's the one she was eyeing in Something Blue for her wedding to Mr. Big Pile of Dust.

Definitely different than the dream sequence, but still has that traditional feel.

white avenger

white avenger
It's already been mentioned, but I agree, what we saw in that sequence was what Angel imagined Buffy would be wearing, not necessarily what she, herself, would have chosen.

For what it's worth, this seems to be what Sarah chose for herself.

upload_2017-11-13_21-30-27.jpeg

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
@MarlieTheSlayer I think theses dresses are quite similar. Both sleeveless (though it's hard to tell whether the mannequin dress has straps because of the hair), both have a patterned bodice, both have netting over the skirt with pattern detail.

First of all - Buffy is wearing Vera freaking Wang so its spectacular for that reason alone. Because Vera Wang is genius. So - good taste Angel!
I don't care if it was a Tom Lenk LewkForLess dress.

If I had to fit Buffy in a wedding dress today it would be more along the lines of a simple silloutte, sleek look. something like Pnina Tornai:

... I have a thing for weddings and I watch alot of "Say Yes to the Dress" ... its a disease really.
I really don't like the top half of that dress. Buffy would end up falling out of it all the time and the straps are two bulky.

Besides I don't think we can expect Angel to have up-to-date knowledge of wedding dress fashion, so it makes sense his dream-Buffy would be wearing something timeless.
I wouldn't say it's timeless. It looks a little dated but not as dated as some other fashion choices on the show have been. I think Angel doesn't know what sort of dress Buffy would go for, it's not exactly a conversation they'd be having, so he imagines her going for a princess type dress whereas Buffy would actually go for something sleeker.

Fine you guys! ;) Well I need more info - I need to know where the wedding will take place, the theme of the wedding, indoor/outdoor. Lotsa factors. Who the groom is - is he undead?
I'm genuinely curious to see what you come up with. Here's some details:

Angel's the groom.
The ceremony takes place on Halloween (It's the one night Buffy has off and when all the demons stay in).
It happens at sundown (symbolic of day and night meeting eg Buffy's light and Angel's darkness).
Willow is Buffy's maid of honour.
Anya and Tara are bridesmaids because of social obligation (Dawn does not exist).
Giles walks Buffy down the aisle.
Xander is head usher, telling people where to sit.
Joyce is mother of the bride.
Angel has Wesley, Gunn or Doyle as his best man.
Cordelia and Fred attend as guests to boost the number of people on Angel's side.
It's a small intimate ceremony outside but the reception takes place inside.
The rest of the Whirlwind crash the reception to "support" Angel because he's "family".

So @dcai0830 Plan the Bangel Wedding! :p

I feel like the top and bottom of the dress don't mesh well.
I agree. It looks a bit like two separate dresses have been sewn together.

I don’t see Buffy considering her slaying duties at all when picking a dress. I think she’d be swept up in the happy wedding dreams and end up with a beautiful big gown.
Buffy's wedding would get interrupted by some sort of demon activity. How could it not? Who wouldn't want to see Buffy kicking ass in a wedding dress? Mind you, the wedding would probably be Halloween which is when all the demons stay in for the night.

Mrs Gordo
Mrs Gordo
Let me think on this! ;)
brinkster130
brinkster130
I don’t doubt the possibility of it being interrupted, I doubt her taking that into consideration when picking a dresss.

crazysoulless

Scooby
My analysis of Angel's choice of dress.

Bare shoulders = He wants to be human but still thinks like a vampire, gotta have that unobstructed access to her neck

white long sleeve top = reminds him of Buffy saying "I love you" for the first time

Poofy bottom = he sees her as a princess, remember he was the one who brought up fairytales "when I kiss you, you don't wake up from a deep sleep and live happily ever after", he said he felt love at first sight, he wanted to slay the dragon

Veil = the groom lifting the bride's veil to kiss her symbolizes her virginity and consummating the marriage

EarthLogic

Scooby
Black Thorn
Angel's the groom.
The ceremony takes place on Halloween (It's the one night Buffy has off and when all the demons stay in).
It happens at sundown (symbolic of day and night meeting eg Buffy's light and Angel's darkness).
Willow is Buffy's maid of honour.
Anya and Tara are bridesmaids because of social obligation (Dawn does not exist).
Giles walks Buffy down the aisle.
Xander is head usher, telling people where to sit.
Joyce is mother of the bride.
Angel has Wesley, Gunn or Doyle as his best man.
Cordelia and Fred attend as guests to boost the number of people on Angel's side.
It's a small intimate ceremony outside but the reception takes place inside.
The rest of the Whirlwind crash the reception to "support" Angel because he's "family".
I don't understand. Why is everyone who died alive again? It just sounds so fantastical and like and shiny happy episode of Friends. And eeew with the Whirlwind being there. That's just so OOC.

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
It's not my style of dress, however considering this is late 90's/early 2000s it's very reminiscent of some of the dresses I saw at that era wedding.

I like the top of the dress, but not keen on the bottom. And I much prefer the dress in the window from Something Blue.

EarthLogic
EarthLogic
Me too.

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
It's not my style of dress, however considering this is late 90's/early 2000s it's very reminiscent of some of the dresses I saw at that era wedding.

I like the top of the dress, but not keen on the bottom. And I much prefer the dress in the window from Something Blue.
I think it might have been technically illegal in the late '90s to have a Vera Wang dress without a huge poufy skirt.

I love the dress, though.

Top Bottom