• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Buffy worst outfits

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Hi all!

So I love Buffy's style but sometimes the 90s-early 00s wasn't the best. In honor of her worst fashion choice, let's post some Buffy outfits that made us think WTF?

Here is one of my (none) favorite outfit:

Buffy-Dead-Mans-Party.jpg

I don't know why but I always thought this made her look so old...I would have never worned that at 17!

buffy1990

"Every now and then, people surprise you."
I am not a huge fan of the coyboy look she tried out in Pangs. No one's outfits are really working for me here...
4X08PANG00971.jpg

Also this from The Replacement. Sometimes she wears it with a purple sweater. It's the pants.
5x03repl1391_zps35c4fd01.jpg

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
Haha, I was just coming to post the same outfit, @buffy1990!

fBJV0i8.jpg

W
WillowFromBuffy
It looks like Willow has been cleaning her closet and Buffy has helped herself from the pile of rejected clothes.
buffy1990
buffy1990
Haha! Love her, but...ugh, it's so bad!
MarieVampSlayer
MarieVampSlayer
This is terrible, I think my brain erased it from my memories!
EarthLogic
EarthLogic
AHHH! What the hell are they? I don't remember those!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
And the overalls...

school-hard.jpg

The lopsided fit over the boobs, the logo shirt hidden by the bib overalls, who was the wardrobe mistress and why did she last this long? I am an engineer and I have the lack of fashion sense and the disdain for fashion of the average engineer and even I know better than to put an outfit like that on anyone, let alone the protagonist of the story.

W
WillowFromBuffy
All I see is Willow's massive belt buckle.
Monkey Pants
Monkey Pants
whaat i love buffy's outfit here!! it's so cute
EarthLogic
EarthLogic
[No message]

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Watcher
Black Thorn
And the overalls...

school-hard.jpg

The lopsided fit over the boobs, the logo shirt hidden by the bib overalls, who was the wardrobe mistress and why did she last this long? I am an engineer and I have the lack of fashion sense and the disdain for fashion of the average engineer and even I know better than to put an outfit like that on anyone, let alone the protagonist of the story.

Whaaat? But this is so cute! One of the rare Buffy outfits I want. It's her "I'm sad/bummed" pants.

This meanwhile, did you raid grandma's closet this time Buff?

Buffy-Lover-s-Walk-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-2151280-1024-768.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
I mean, really?

EarthLogic

Scooby
Black Thorn
And the overalls...

school-hard.jpg

I love the Dungarees/Overalls of Sadness!
9c37846604e03de4054509a89d7111f2.jpg

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I quite liked her dead man's party dress. Thing is though, people dress up to make a good impression on someone eg a job interview, a date etc. Buffy was supposed to be having dinner with her friends which meant that she'd dressed up in order to make a good impression on them after her return. That's kind of sad.

I dislike when Buffy wears turtle necks but that stripy tie dye combo outfit is probably her worst.

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
I actually like this outfit. It looks like the kind of kitchy, silly thing people wear in university. It's not ready for prime time, but she wears it well. The colors suit her a whole lot more than some of the really drab colors she wears later in the series.

The top half is fine. But you'll never convince me that tie-dyed brown pants with a crotch bullseye are OK.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
The top half is fine. But you'll never convince me that tie-dyed brown pants with a crotch bullseye are OK.
mwahahahahahahahah... No, those are... unfortunate at best. I thought they were crotch adjacent but... still, not the best... they could be subject to misinterpretation... or something.

Grace
Grace
Yeah, it's not quiiiiite on target, but close enough to mock!

SunnydaleGlitz

Potential
Sineya
I know, right?! @crazysoulless

Also, in this hottest of scenes, I am so wistful of all the other glamorous options Buffy could have worn, instead of this unflattering, boring blue denim jacket:

Smashed gif.gif

Maybe that's precisely the look Joss was going for to make this scene stand out as spontaneous/raw. But I just wish she'd been wearing something more feminine, like this:

Buffy halter.jpg

EarthLogic
EarthLogic
What's that necklace she's wearing in the second one? It looks like a dead centipede!

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Watcher
Black Thorn

crazysoulless

Scooby
@SunnydaleGlitz

I loved the blue jacket. It's a nice color, one of the few jackets she's worn that looks right for her body frame, and blue symbolizes truth & healing so emphasizes her goodness, which does a good job of enhancing the wrongness of her having sex with a soulless mass murderer.

The ankle length leather skirt is what had me asking, "Are you kidding me?" It showed Buffy unable to kick in a full length (not leather) skirt in Flooded and she had to use a pair of scissors to cut it up to the thigh. And yet in Smashed Buffy has a knockdown dragout fight *and* sex in a leather skirt. How did she hop up and wrap her legs around Spike's waist in that?

Top Bottom