• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy's Nemesis

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I’d say Faith because she’s the only adversary of Buffy’s that expanded over one season- plus Buffy and Faith are iconic doubles. But really Buffy doesn’t have a nemesis.

spikenbuffy

"Buffy's like nobody else in the world"
Angelus because she made him feel human, Faith and maybe Caleb.

Name the Stars

You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling.
Black Thorn
Faith, because Faith represented a darker version of Buffy, and is ultimately her perfect match.

thrasherpix

Scooby
I'll also go with Faith. They're like mirror images that are destined to fight, at least in the show. And IMO Buffy went bad in season 7 while Faith became closer to what Buffy was in season 3, still oddly at odds.

Leo
Leo
What do you mean when you say that Buffy went bad in season 7? because of her attitude?

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Faith; the only 'mini-big bad' who came back for revenge after she'd been 'killed off the previous season; that's totally arch nemesis-y.
Add to that the mix of parallels and opposites and there you have it.

thrasherpix

Scooby
@Leo I do mean her attitude. She was closer to being like Faith in season 3 as season 7 Faith was closer to being like season 3 Buffy, and he attitude toward her friends and allies are switched (before she wanted to minimalize their risk, sometimes even forbidding them from helping her in the field, and they carried her as much as she carried them--without them as individuals and as a group she'd been killed many times over, and she showed them respect and gratitude, until season 7 came around and she treats them more like her flunkies which I really disliked). I understand the writers, who I think were tired of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, did mean to portray her in a good light without putting too much thought into it and how they presented her, but it did not work for me. Season 7 is the only season I dislike Buffy as a character.

Please don't try to change my mind here in this thread. It's a debate I've been in many times, and I have a pretty good idea on what those who disagree with me would say just as I know what my response is likely to be. It's not like I think Buffy was all bad and deserved everything that happened to her (though I find myself much less sympathetic to her than the typical fan of what did happen). I prefer not to get too far off topic, which is the question on what is the closest thing Buffy has to a nemesis in her epic saga.

Leo
Leo
I was just curious.

katmobile

Potential
I don't think she has just one and it varies. Angelus, Faith, Glory and herself definitely count - Warren so wanted to be and so at one stage did Spike.

Top Bottom