• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy's Red Clock (OMWF)

AJkapiv

Townie
Hello all and sundry, first post but I was wondering if you could help me.
Regarding the clock at the beginning of "Once More With Feeling", can any of you more eagle-eyed fans catch the make of the clock? I've tried umpteen times and I can't seem to be able to, it looks like "DULAC" but there's no such thing apparently.

I'm just trying to track down a replica one as a Christmas gift. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Don't suppose this will be of much help but the prop notes for that episode state:-

We start with the episode title:
And as it fades out we tilt down to see an old fashioned alarm clock ringing, shaking about...….

So if the Props department followed this to the letter it may have been a very old make that no longer exists (and was just one found lounging around in the props room).
:)

AJkapiv

Townie
Don't suppose this will be of much help but the prop notes for that episode state:-

We start with the episode title:
And as it fades out we tilt down to see an old fashioned alarm clock ringing, shaking about...….

So if the Props department followed this to the letter it may have been a very old make that no longer exists (and was just one found lounging around in the props room).
:)
I did find the original clock in a prop house site!
As far as I can tell after a-ha-ha-ha-lot of Googling it seems to be a PETER brand, German made alarm clock from around the 1960's.
However, the name on the front of it appears to be different, although it has the three star makers mark of PETER.
It's driving me mad haha.

But thank you very much, you're a star. ;)

(Also, "Peter" is a ridiculously hard thing to Google...).

AJkapiv

Townie

This is the clock, but it's at a terrible resolution. And I can't find any hi-definition shots of the clock from the episode...

I just need to see what the gorramed make says on the front there. :p
I'm presuming it's made by PETER but has a different name/model/outsource.

Top Bottom